News Forum - US spits dummy out in China tit-for-tat airline row

Thaiger

The childish rattle-throwing, tit-for-tat games continue between the United States and China with the US declaring it is banning 26 flights to China in response to the mainland suspending some US flights for importing Covid-19. The US spat its dummy out in objection to China revising its Covid policies. The mainland stated on August 7 that if 4% of passengers tested positive for Covid on an inbound flight to China, one flight would be suspended. If that number was raised to 8% then two flights would be suspended. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) raised objections to China insisting the rules place […]

The story US spits dummy out in China tit-for-tat airline row as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I love the US pushing on the CCP, but in all honesty their airlines are quite good and have a good price and service. I have flown business class on them several times to the US and have no complaints. Their crew are great. this is only the CCP getting a tit for their tat, but it effects all travelers which is really unfortunate. These flights don't seem to have the flag bearing groups so much as going to the US is expensive.

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I have flown business class on them several times to the US and have no complaints.

I use to fly business class on China eastern from LAX to BKK. Great fairs, good service, acceptable beds, horrible food. I would always bring food with me it was that bad. Problem wasn’t the LAX to Shanghai leg, it was the one to Bangkok. Seats were economy plus at best. I would always tell my self you get what you pay for and live with it. That aside, if you think this tit for tat is bad, just wait. It’s going to get way worse. 

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Zero Covid means not importing 4% Covid. Exports are a different thing…. 

Have you see the news that the CCP has instructed the proper agencies to swab fish down the throat covid testing them? Seems "their" virus is not playing by their rules of engagement.

image.png.b316fcf693dd02aa0a3516f775b768c9.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

I use to fly business class on China eastern from LAX to BKK. Great fairs, good service, acceptable beds, horrible food. I would always bring food with me it was that bad. Problem wasn’t the LAX to Shanghai leg, it was the one to Bangkok. Seats were economy plus at best. I would always tell my self you get what you pay for and live with it. That aside, if you think this tit for tat is bad, just wait. It’s going to get way worse. 

Yes flew China Eastern before. Only had really terrible food on one of them, but bearable on the others. The US leg for beds and laying down is A-OK, and for that matter so are the flight attendents as very very nice to look at. You are correct as the BBK leg is economy plus seats. So nothing special.

55 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

for that matter so are the flight attendents as very very nice to look at

I flew Korea air this time and they were just as nice. Let’s just say there has to be a reason for me to not fly an Asian airline. 

1 minute ago, EdwardV said:

I flew Korea air this time and they were just as nice. Let’s just say there has to be a reason for me to not fly an Asian airline. 

For me it is an Asian airlines everytime. My preference. 

• Like 3

in Dear Thaiger,  Greetings.  I believed the picture attached to this article is misleading.....the picture showed a plane "China Airlines" which originates from Taiwan and not China. The contents in the article refers to planes from China!

This happened before. Same game was played by China

when travelers test negative before boarding their flight from the US only to “test positive for Covid after they arrive in China.”

People who arrive suddenly test positive and the airline is forced to take them back. In doing so it destroys the airlines schedules and costs a lot. You do have to like the snotty headline used by Mr. Bob Scott; White tools do what tools must do. 

Still not as bad as when the Chinese demanded arrivals get a rectal covid test. :classic_biggrin: & what fun.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiS8K6G9-P5AhVDwTgGHfpTDCEQFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fworld%2Fasia_pacific%2Fanal-swab-china-coronavirus%2F2021%2F01%2F27%2Fcc284f56-6054-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html&usg=AOvVaw2Qlzs7FjaA_1eFZcfWcYw6

8 hours ago, Steve160 said:

in Dear Thaiger,  Greetings.  I believed the picture attached to this article is misleading.....the picture showed a plane "China Airlines" which originates from Taiwan and not China. The contents in the article refers to planes from China!

I see the pic showing China Eastern

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

For me it is an Asian airlines everytime. My preference. 

I can fly basically every Asian airline from Vancouver

I don't do the Chinese ones though...............

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Avoid KLM at all costs. Last flight I had with them one of the stewardesses must have been about 14 stone.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes flew China Eastern before. Only had really terrible food on one of them, but bearable on the others. The US leg for beds and laying down is A-OK, and for that matter so are the flight attendents as very very nice to look at. You are correct as the BBK leg is economy plus seats. So nothing special.

Ill be on Asiana air in 2 weeks heading back to Maga World...very nice crew indeed!  

20 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I love the US pushing on the CCP, but in all honesty their airlines are quite good and have a good price and service. I have flown business class on them several times to the US and have no complaints. Their crew are great. this is only the CCP getting a tit for their tat, but it effects all travelers which is really unfortunate. These flights don't seem to have the flag bearing groups so much as going to the US is expensive.

I was on China Southern to GZ some years back and literally got my food tray thrown on to my table. Maybe I was on economy🤣.

Qantas is not much better when I flew to Singapore on a night flight and has a bottle of water thrown on to my stomach when I was sleeping.

I guess if you are not into hospitality, do us travellers a favour and don't join the airlines. 555  

Funniest China Eastern story I ever heard

The chef at the restaurant my wife works at in Vancouver flew them from Vancouver to Bangkok 

He got on and fell asleep and heard the pilot announcing things in Chinese 

Fell back asleep.

They landed 12 hours after being on the plane and he got off and he was back in Vancouver!

Something happened and they had to turn around

He had no idea, he thought they were landing in China 5555

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Ill be on Asiana air in 2 weeks heading back to Maga World...very nice crew indeed!  

Nice airlines. Going back already? what is your plan on return to here?

• Cool 1

21 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Where does Asiana fly to in US?

I actually never heard of them until I flew them from Narita to BKK in April on the 2nd leg of an Air Canada flight 

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Nice airlines. Going back already? what is your plan on return to here?

usually take EVA but due to covid exts ending i decided to roll out back to toxic america and make some dough...hope to be back sooner than later!  found a cheaper last min flight with Asiana....

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Where does Asiana fly to in US?

I actually never heard of them until I flew them from Narita to BKK in April on the 2nd leg of an Air Canada flight 

found a cheap one way to LAX where i usually bounce off from.....catch a domestic back to east coast

9 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

usually take EVA but due to covid exts ending i decided to roll out back to toxic america and make some dough...hope to be back sooner than later!  found a cheaper last min flight with Asiana....

I like EVA as well although Asiana you cannot go wrong. Either one is good and allowed into the USA no problems. Hahaha. No Taiwan is One with China idiocy there. Agree with the US on a partial of that point you stated. Just depends where you are at. One thing for sure is that place is incredibly expensive now. You had a long swing on your vacation here, so go make some money so you can come back and do what you were doing here, as in just hanging out and having fun.