News Forum - US spits dummy out in China tit-for-tat airline row

Thaiger

12 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I like EVA as well although Asiana you cannot go wrong. Either one is good and allowed into the USA no problems. Hahaha. No Taiwan is One with China idiocy there. Agree with the US on a partial of that point you stated. Just depends where you are at. One thing for sure is that place is incredibly expensive now. You had a long swing on your vacation here, so go make some money so you can come back and do what you were doing here, as in just hanging out and having fun.

I wouldn't say the US is incredibly expensive now

Actually it has been incredibly cheap compared to other developed countries and even with inflation is still much cheaper than any other comparable countries 

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I like EVA as well although Asiana you cannot go wrong. Either one is good and allowed into the USA no problems. Hahaha. No Taiwan is One with China idiocy there. Agree with the US on a partial of that point you stated. Just depends where you are at. One thing for sure is that place is incredibly expensive now. You had a long swing on your vacation here, so go make some money so you can come back and do what you were doing here, as in just hanging out and having fun.

if you see the girl on the motorbike tell her to wait for me..i go get money!!!

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I wouldn't say the US is incredibly expensive now

Actually it has been incredibly cheap compared to other developed countries and even with inflation is still much cheaper than any other comparable countries 

Originally from the Bay Area or let's say California. So that is what I look at for costs but no desire to move back. But I am pretty current what the costs there are from the south to the far north from my friends. So let's compare it top here and it is outrageous, but even here is getting mopre costly. Time to tighten the belt a little.

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Originally from the Bay Area or let's say California. So that is what I look at for costs but no desire to move back. But I am pretty current what the costs there are from the south to the far north from my friends. So let's compare it top here and it is outrageous, but even here is getting mopre costly. Time to tighten the belt a little.

Maybe real estate in major cities but costs of food, etc isn't much more expensive than in Thailand, if at all, if you are comparing like for like

Just a couple of examples:

Chicken......14-15 big drumsticks, 144baht

Chicken thighs, about 12-14, 180 baht

It's not coming any cheaper or much cheaper, in Thailand

https://stopandshop.com/browse-aisles/categories/1/categories/1563-meat

I think one area that is much cheaper in Thailand is going out casually

Say a night out at Goodview in CM, will be much cheaper than a night out in US casually

(But even then, if you are frugal you can hit up happy hours in US/Canada with prices close to Thai prices)

But a high end restaurant can be more expensive in BKK than in US

And raising a teenager and funding their daily expenses in BKK wasn't much that different than in the US