News Forum - Giant monitor lizard climbs up power pole to escape pack of dogs in central Thailand

Thaiger

A ginormous Asian water monitor lizard was chased up a communication pole by a pack of dogs at a village in Sara Buri province, central Thailand, yesterday. The giant reptile clambered up the pole when it got chased and bitten by a pack of stray dogs, but then it got stuck and had to be rescued. The “Tua Hia” – also known as “Tua Ngern Tua Tong” – got stuck up the pole outside a house in the Mueang district for an entire hour, attracting a crowd of villagers. Villagers became concerned that the animal might get electrocuted and suffer […]

The story Giant monitor lizard climbs up power pole to escape pack of dogs in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Had one of these in the garden once. Brute of a thing. I was getting ready to nail it with some gardening tools (although I confess I was none to keen on the idea) when suddenly I was surrounded by the local Thais telling me I was lucky to have one living here and I should leave it alone. 

Then the damned thing charged and suddenly I was the only person in the garden. That was lucky eh?

Anyway someone phoned the temple of all places and what I can only describe as the Ghostbusters turned up who caught and caged the damned thing. Was free apparently but I still gave them a crate of beer. 

Not had one since which is a situation I am quite comfortable with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1