News Forum - Sick German man fails in suicide attempt in Pattaya

Thaiger

A German man with a debilitating medical condition tried to shoot himself but missed in a failed suicide attempt in Pattaya. The 82 year old man, believed to be Jonas Wolfgang Dietrich, was found unconscious with a gun wound to the chest on Sunday at about 10.30pm at 352/58 Village No. 5, Nong Prue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District in Chon Buri Province. Pol. Lt. Col. Ongart Tumsud, Deputy Inspector General of Nong Prue Police Station, received a call about the shooting and sent rescue workers to the scene. They then transported Dietrich from his home to Pattaya City Hospital. At […]

The story Sick German man fails in suicide attempt in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another case of suffering when relocate from home country permanently to Thailand......No money...No Honey in Thailand. I wonder how many such cases are going to be there in future. Looks like never ending story. 

• Like 1

Some years ago a friend`s 89 year old father who had severe health problems told me, it`s easy coming into this world, but a darn lot harder getting out.

I believe that euthanasia should be legalised in all countries in cases whereas a person is in pain and suffering with no hope of recovery and no future to look forward to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perceblue said:

I believe that euthanasia should be legalised in all countries in cases whereas a person is in pain and suffering with no hope of recovery and no future to look forward to.

medically assisted deaths were up 33% in Canada last year, 10,000 people in total

And yes, all countries should allow it............

• Like 2

There was a big poster on the old Phuet-info forum

He had ALS, he wanted to commit suicide before he worsened but didn't go through with it........then had to live a basic horror show for about another year before he died, it was tragic

And does one get deported for trying to off oneself? I guess if the firearm is illegal, but if no charges then they should leave him alone except for try to find family for him. He may have just changed his frame of mind  since it was a hit and a miss. Probably not. 

6 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Another case of suffering when relocate from home country permanently to Thailand......No money...No Honey in Thailand. I wonder how many such cases are going to be there in future. Looks like never ending story. 

Refusing to or not able to adjust or acclimate civilly - more common than not. 

Weak character.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

There's a novel called Platform by Michel Hollobecq.

The last chapter, the protagonist comes to Pattaya to kill himself.

A very good read. Reality but Dark.

Just think of how many people die of a disease like Cancer that, a lot of times, takes a long time to kill them

And they spent a lifetime as a Dad, Husband, etc and people mostly remember them as when they had cancer and were sick

Much better for medically assisted suicide in the early fatal stages

• Like 3