Full text of Phuket Sandbox order released in English

Thaiger

Today, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew signed Phuket Province Order No. 3491/2564 officially detailing the rules of the Sandbox reopening. While most provisions have been widely discussed – fully vaccinated travellers coming from at least 3 weeks in a low- to medium-risk country, negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours, US $100,000 Covid-19 insurance, 14 days in an SHA Plus hotel, tests on the 1st, 6th, and 12th day, etc. – some details are ironed out in this statement. Notably missing from the details of the Phuket reopening order is an explanation of what happens should a travel test positive for Covid-19 […]

The post Full text of Phuket Sandbox order released in English appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was watching Escape from LA with Kurt Russell last night. I think they should play it on the planes heading to Phuket 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, BBTG said:

What a joke!  Who in their right mind would subject themselves to this?  Thailand is not worth it.  

Yes, who, indeed? A question that thousands will be asking!

Hello, BBTG and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Those who wish to travel outside of Phuket must present documents confirming that the government has approved the procedures with a stamp in the passport attachment indicating the length of stay in Phuket

First I've seen of a stamp requirement. Where does one obtain this stamp?

Not that it matters to me. I've already cancelled my vacation to Phuket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

I was watching Escape from LA with Kurt Russell last night. I think they should play it on the planes heading to Phuket 

No, Escape from New York. It looks more like the current Phuket 

• Like 1

Nobody is going to read that + comply with all the rules and restrictions.

Do they think Phuket is the only holiday destination on planet earth?

Edited by dimitri
  • Like 3

Thai #$@% DOUBLE STANDARDS.

‘So Thais travelling from anywhere in Thailand (which according to the DDC) is in the RED zone do not have to stay in a SHA+ hotel for 14 days and have the extra tests. Also if they have had Covid, they are not required to have had two vaccines 14 days prior. Snake Plisken had it easy compared to foreign tourists now entering Phuket for a relaxing holiday. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

7 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

No, Escape from New York. It looks more like the current Phuket 

It's in my list for tonight, slowly ramping up a suspense just like Phuket countdown 

• Haha 2

So what happens if you don't have a smartphone and can't install the tracking apps?
Not that I will come to Thailand while subject to such invasion of privacy.

• Like 1

Most important point they not mentioned, what happened if so.ebody get a positive result. This reminds on the taxi and jet ski scam. At the moment the regulation is if you get positive you have to go the facilities from the hospital or field hospital. The last information I got, they charge 180 000 baht for it, but some had even higher bills. Never get into a taxi without asking for taxi meter or price!

• Like 4

The sandbox 'will' be a success (though right minded people think or know otherwise) because Prayut will ensure that his evaluation of his 'pet project' will identify that 'everything in the garden is rosy'. His number crunchers will massage the figures to show how positive his 'experiment' has been. I genuinely hope it is a real success as other provinces will be in a position to follow suit and tentatively open their flood gates. Hopefully Chiang Mai sooner rather than later (a bit selfish of me). Incidentally, CM has averaged 1.5 new cases per 24 hours, Phuket 2.5 new cases per 24 hours.

• Like 2

The two tier approach - overly strict rules for foreign, fully vaccinated arrivals by air, virtually non existent rules for local, largely unvaccinated arrivals by land all but guarantees a covid outbreak soon after July 1st and the end of the sandbox. A virus won't discriminate between local and foreigner. 

• Like 2

LOOK AT THAT LIST OF RULES!

Just to have a holiday oh Phuket.

No where else in the world but Thailand would impose this.

When I saw Phuket provincial order 3491/5564. I did not think the numerals referred to the number of rules to obey to stay on Phuket

• Haha 3

Well, that's a lot prerequisites and a lot of demands to foreigners considering spending their hard earned cash in a what appears to be a very strict and regimented situation. 

I just wonder if Phuket has available ICU capacity at its hospitals in case of a breakout, looking at previous posts I would say no, someone just died whilst waiting for a bed in ICU. Well I guess as long as you've bought your THAI Covid insurance it doesn't matter if you live or die right. Money is the most important thing in Thailand 

21 minutes ago, Chriscpg said:

Well, that's a lot prerequisites and a lot of demands to foreigners considering spending their hard earned cash in a what appears to be a very strict and regimented situation. 

I just wonder if Phuket has available ICU capacity at its hospitals in case of a breakout, looking at previous posts I would say no, someone just died whilst waiting for a bed in ICU. Well I guess as long as you've bought your THAI Covid insurance it doesn't matter if you live or die right. Money is the most important thing in Thailand 

Oy you, steady on! . . . I'm the resident cynic around here, but your views are totally warranted, I'm sure.

Hello, Chriscpg and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

3 hours ago, charliebb1 said:

Exemption for children 6-18 has been removed - that rules us and many other families out 

Agree. 
i don’t quite understand this either. There isn’t really an approved vaccine option for kids of this age group. So they *can’t* get vaccinated. (Mine are aged 6 and 7)
Guess I’ve got to cancel my flights and hotel booking for July, after all. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brandy said:

Agree. 
i don’t quite understand this either. There isn’t really an approved vaccine option for kids of this age group. So they *can’t* get vaccinated. (Mine are aged 6 and 7)
Guess I’ve got to cancel my flights and hotel booking for July, after all. 

Yes, looks like these nutters are trying every which way they can to screw-up the entire deal . . . . almost as if they were under orders . . . from up above, I can't help thinking. Sorry for your kyboshed plans, though.

Hello, brandy and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Not sure if The Thaiger meant to superimpose it's 'Download the Thaiger App' Advert over the article no less than 5x while I read it. Hmmm...I got the message, though it's super annoying and detracts from the Thaiger content you're publishing. You might want to review that and determine if that's be a positive strategy to recruit readers. Just a thought. Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

16 minutes ago, Crudmugeon said:

Not sure if The Thaiger meant to superimpose it's 'Download the Thaiger App' Advert over the article no less than 5x while I read it. Hmmm...I got the message, though it's super annoying and detracts from the Thaiger content you're publishing. You might want to review that and determine if that's be a positive strategy to recruit readers. Just a thought. Thanks

Okay, fair comment! I, too, get annoyed by that type of distraction and there's every chance your comments will be heeded.

Hello, Crudmugeon and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

The Thais are quite deluded if they think what they have to offer now is worth all of the hassle they detail in their quite lengthy list of requirements.

The insular thinking is endemic in the culture and I don't even the great Phuket Sandbox Failure will open their eyes to a different way of thinking and behaving.