Full text of Phuket Sandbox order released in English

Thaiger

And I thought dealing with Centrelink was diifuclt and confusing!!  For non-Aussues, Centrelink is our centralised delivery agent for all Government payments.  The organisation is full of feminazis and radical unionists and greenies - they couldn't organise a beer in a brewery.

Wow.  Literally, wow. 

This reminds me of USA leaders completely opening the border and then telling immigrants 'don't come-wink wink'

• Haha 1

I can not believe that some one will come, what a waste of money.. you must be very desperate to come here, when there is almost no entertainment open at all... I think the once that come, will be someone that think it is the same as before...  anyway all the hype about phuket sandbox.. waste of time and money in my opinion.. Thailand should realize that tourist do not come for a long time.. and if a few tourist come, is it worth it to risk your population? I am sure the Yhais going to be more afraid from the foreigner, and if something goes wrong,  all foreigners will get the blame... either way all the 'we expect...' is nonsense ? look for a new income, never any respect for the foreigner.. now the begging for us but still no respect...seems they did not learn  a thing... like always

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Notably missing from the details of the Phuket reopening order is an explanation of what happens should a travel test positive for Covid-19 at any time ...

Apart from the confusion sewn by the report of statements from the PTA yesterday, which were almost certainly a mistake, I can't understand why anyone would think the rules would be any different for Phuket.

According to that statement (by K. Bhumikitti) by the PTA anyone testing positive on arrival would be transferred to an ALSQ hotel and anyone testing positive later would be transferred to hospital, both for a mandatory 14 days quarantine.

The transfer to an ALSQ hotel seems very unlikely as anyone testing positive in an ALSQ hotel is automatically  transferred to hospital, so this sounds like nothing more than a  PTA idea that's groundless.

If  / as there's been no "explanation" it's almost certainly because there's no need for one as the current system / rules have to apply:

i. Foreign international tourists testing positive on arrival or at any time are transferred to a private hospital for 14 days, covered by their mandatory health insurance;

ii. Thai international tourists testing positive on arrival or at any time are transferred to a hospital if symptomatic (their choice, private or government) or a field hospital if asymptomatic.

What possible reason could there be for different rules?

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

Most important point they not mentioned, what happened if so.ebody get a positive result. 

See above.

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

The last information I got, they charge 180 000 baht for it, but some had even higher bills. 

I can't even guess where you got that "information" from, or who "they " are, but it's completely wrong.

Charges for hospital treatment vary depending on the hospital, treatment required, and the level of accomodation, but that's what the mandatory Covid insurance is for - if you opt for a VIP suite, gourmet meals and a personal nurse that's between you and your insurer, but $100,000 / 3 million baht insurance should cover most eventualities.

Field hospitals are free, but not for tourists who have mandatory medical insurance.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

To make more money, This is Thailand!

• Haha 1

Who in there right mind would want to go to Phuket or in fact Thailand.  The government is so clueless and a big joke.  To get tested 4 times when you have been vaccinated is over the top and stupid.  They should be more concerned about their own people who have not been tested.   Let me ask why do vaccinated people have to quarantine?  I tell you why a $$ thing for hotels and government.  There is no reason why vaccinated people should have to quarantine if so 7 days max.   I find it funny people who receive a shot in Thailand can move around the city with no quarantine after one shot, but people with two shots fully vaccinated have to quarantine for 14 days.  I know the Sandbox there is no quarantine but for Bangkok etc. it is crazy!  Do not go to Thailand right now that is all I can say!  They should be welcoming vaccinated people who spent great deal amount of money to come to Thailand and for returnees they should be treated with open arms if vaccinated!  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Martin said:

A virus won't discriminate between local and foreigner.

Very fair point, @Martin, but to be equally fair neither do the rules. 

The discrimination's between international arrivals (?Thai or foreign) and domestic arrivals (again, Thai or foreign), not locals and foreigners.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Paco said:

now the begging for us but still no respect...

Ummm ... there doesn't seem to be much " begging " going on!

8 hours ago, JohnMidlands said:

So what happens if you don't have a smartphone and can't install the tracking apps?

If you don't have a smartphone you'll probably have a problem verifying your vaccinaton.

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, BBTG said:

What a joke!  Who in their right mind would subject themselves to this?  Thailand is not worth it.  

Who in their right mind read all that to the end. Lost the will to live a quarter of the way through 

• Haha 1

covid aint gonna come from VACCINATED foreigners.  If it does arrive it will be from the Isaan bar girls.  However, in lieu of all the rules, there will be no tourists and thus they do not have to worry about bar girls arriving with covid.  YAY SANDBOX!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

Apart from the confusion sewn by the report of statements from the PTA yesterday, which were almost certainly a mistake, I can't understand why anyone would think the rules would be any different for Phuket.

According to that statement (by K. Bhumikitti) by the PTA anyone testing positive on arrival would be transferred to an ALSQ hotel and anyone testing positive later would be transferred to hospital, both for a mandatory 14 days quarantine.

The transfer to an ALSQ hotel seems very unlikely as anyone testing positive in an ALSQ hotel is automatically  transferred to hospital, so this sounds like nothing more than a  PTA idea that's groundless.

If  / as there's been no "explanation" it's almost certainly because there's no need for one as the current system / rules have to apply:

i. Foreign international tourists testing positive on arrival or at any time are transferred to a private hospital for 14 days, covered by their mandatory health insurance;

ii. Thai international tourists testing positive on arrival or at any time are transferred to a hospital if symptomatic (their choice, private or government) or a field hospital if asymptomatic.

See above.

I can't even guess where you got that "information" from, or who "they " are, but it's completely wrong.

Charges for hospital treatment vary depending on the hospital, treatment required, and the level of accomodation, but that's what the mandatory Covid insurance is for - if you opt for a VIP suite, gourmet meals and a personal nurse that's between you and your insurer, but $100,000 / 3 million baht insurance should cover most eventualities.

Field hospitals are free, but not for tourists who have mandatory medical insurance.

Prices from chonbury from people who got that bill!

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you don't have a smartphone you'll probably have a problem verifying your vaccinaton.

Maybe you not live in Thailand, anyway welcome in Thailand where nothing is clear and can be changed any time. And sure there can be varietes on prices but where i got it from it is from bills and qutotations of these facilities. Reality and not what is written somewhere because it can change or is not clear. By the way nothing is clear and there are daily changes and jumps. This is Thailand and if you think but last week they wrote this or that then must it like that you will get a big surprise. So if you want to visit Thailand get used to it!

• Like 1

I would also like to raise an issue that may or may not be relevant about this Covid Insurance.  I get the impression that the Thais doing all this sandbox stuff, and most others, think that this insurance will cover people for anything related to Covid. But I would suspect that it will only cover for hospitalisation treatments etc.  What I mean by that, is will the insurance cover me for Thai Govt imposed stays in a 'back-up' hospital quarantine bed, when the only reason I am there is because I had a positive test but I was not sick and I never became sick and never needed treatment as such.  At what point does the insurance company say - wait a minute that coverage is for when you get sick and need to be hospitalised, we aint paying for some quarantine facility hotel/bed.  Knowing insurance companies and hearing how cheap those Covid policies are - I reckon I would not be covered unless I was sick and needed ICU level treatments. Anyone get a policy and/or read the details?    

• Like 1

Standard Thai complexity, and regurgiation of this issue.
I already did one 11 night quarantine to come back to Thailand..

Can you go to Phuket if you are not fully vaccinated, but have had the RT-PCR tesst prior?

As at least I would be able to leave the hotel and not stuck inside for 14 days.

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can you go to Phuket if you are not fully vaccinated, but have had the RT-PCR tesst prior?

As at least I would be able to leave the hotel and not stuck inside for 14 days.

No.  Must have proof of vaccination and a whole lot more for Phuket. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrStretch said:

The Thais are quite deluded if they think what they have to offer now is worth all of the hassle they detail in their quite lengthy list of requirements.

Good point, what is Thailand (and specifically Phuket) selling that’s so appealing? Normally it’s a relatively cheap, easy and fun vacation. Add in a chance to get out of the cold in the winter. Almost all of it’s gone now. In the morning show the guests often point out Phuket still has the beaches and sun to draw people. Except for the fact it’s monsoon season and there are tar balls on the beach of course. The fun is gone with the entertainment business and bars closed. In fact most everything is still closed. Sorry but if it’s only a beach vacation, I can do that cheaper and easier closer to home. After all it is summer everywhere else too.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I would also like to raise an issue that may or may not be relevant about this Covid Insurance.  I get the impression that the Thais doing all this sandbox stuff, and most others, think that this insurance will cover people for anything related to Covid. But I would suspect that it will only cover for hospitalisation treatments etc.  What I mean by that, is will the insurance cover me for Thai Govt imposed stays in a 'back-up' hospital quarantine bed, when the only reason I am there is because I had a positive test but I was not sick and I never became sick and never needed treatment as such.  At what point does the insurance company say - wait a minute that coverage is for when you get sick and need to be hospitalised, we aint paying for some quarantine facility hotel/bed.  Knowing insurance companies and hearing how cheap those Covid policies are - I reckon I would not be covered unless I was sick and needed ICU level treatments. Anyone get a policy and/or read the details?    

Exactly and also the coverage is important for this extra insurance, because if it over it this they will charge you. And by the way even Thais got these surprise.

• Like 1

Thanks.
Yeah, i suppose the 'Must be a person who has received 2 injections of COVID-19 vaccine' is the give away.

But just thought there may be some standard ambiguity on this matter.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

No.  Must have proof of vaccination and a whole lot more for Phuket. 

Thanks.
Yeah, i suppose the 'Must be a person who has received 2 injections of COVID-19 vaccine' is the give away.

But just thought there may be some standard ambiguity on this matter.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Got a brochure from LUMA and noticed these conditions:

The Company reserves the right to refuse coverage to applicants who are already infected with Coronavirus and/or applicants who are in quarantine state. Policy holders are required to settle payments with medical facilities upon getting treatments, and submit claims for reimbursements. Direct billing services can be operated on a case by case basis when contacting Customer Support prior to getting treatment

In other words, if they think you already had Covid, or you caught it while in a quarantine hotel, they will not pay. So unless you can prove you caught it while outside then you are fornicated.  And I bet this insurance coverage is not for Phuket sandbox, but for the standard ASQ stay in Bangkok Hotels where you do not leave the room. Plus I will probably have to pay for everything, and then I can apply to get reimbursed - them paying the Hospital is their choice.  I hope we can visit Thailand again in 2022 sometime because we aint coming under all these conditions and rules that keep changing all the time, and with daily new cases of Covid now regularly topping 4000.   

11 hours ago, EagleWI73 said:

Who in there right mind would want to go to Phuket or in fact Thailand.  The government is so clueless and a big joke.  To get tested 4 times when you have been vaccinated is over the top and stupid.  They should be more concerned about their own people who have not been tested.   Let me ask why do vaccinated people have to quarantine?  I tell you why a $$ thing for hotels and government.  There is no reason why vaccinated people should have to quarantine if so 7 days max.   I find it funny people who receive a shot in Thailand can move around the city with no quarantine after one shot, but people with two shots fully vaccinated have to quarantine for 14 days.  I know the Sandbox there is no quarantine but for Bangkok etc. it is crazy!  Do not go to Thailand right now that is all I can say!  They should be welcoming vaccinated people who spent great deal amount of money to come to Thailand and for returnees they should be treated with open arms if vaccinated!

Many good points, there and an excellent debut post . . . thanks for those!

Hello, EagleW173 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, Neo said:

No . . . you must be fully vaxed and tested.

Hello, Neo and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

so many rules,and regulation,even having to produce a insurance policy on a boat trip ? by the way ferries havent been operating for many months,there be more people leaving phuket because of the chaos that exist, than tourist coming to the island,and no mention of targets being achieved 70% of registered resident needing to be fully vaccinated before opening beside the 100s of thousand unregistered thai living here and expats not even receiving the first jab

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, King Cotton said:
  2 hours ago, Neo said:

Yes you can!

Article 4. Travelling to Phuket by Thai people from other provinces or foreigners residing in Thailand. The Tha Chatchai checkpoint, the water channel (pier) at every port in Phuket and domestic channels at Phuket International Airport, travellers except children under 6 years old travelling with parents must have one of the qualifications and must comply with the following practices:

Must be a person who has received 2 injections of COVID-19 vaccine or complete the dose according to the number of vaccines for each type or have received 1 dose of AstraZeneca vaccine at least 14 days prior; or

A person who has recovered from symptoms of COVID-19 not more than 90 days prior, or

Tested negative for COVID-19 by RT-PCR method or Antigen Test method no more than 7 days prior.

So as you can see, different for those already here. And no word yet on people that may come from Bangkok and surrounding areas. They can come as long as they meet article 4 criteria.