News Forum - Two year old foreign child in ICU after Pit Bill attack in Pattaya, Thailand

Thaiger

A 2 year old foreign boy is being treated in the ICU after he was mauled by a Pit Bull in Pattaya on Monday. The young child suffered a broken jaw, torn cheeks and an open wound on his head which required 200 stiches. At 4pm on Monday, a foreign nanny took 2 foreign boys – aged 2 and 4 – on a walk in a village in South Pattaya. A Thai woman opened her front door to take the rubbish out as the 3 walked past and a Pit Bull, weighing more than 70 kilograms, ran out of the house […]

The story Two year old foreign child in ICU after Pit Bill attack in Pattaya, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Foreign husband who is out of country. And the pitbull has bitten people twice before. My little French bulldog has a vengence to go start problems with other dogs 5 times its size, but my little Frenchie also listens and adheres to commands. Start to run after the dog, then our yell; makes it astop, turn around and come back to our side. And no, we do not leave the gate open or turn a blind eye to her. That is just moronic if we did. It is not the dog on the whole but the owners. Dogs will be dogs.

The woman says the Pit Bull has bitten people twice before.

How many more children have to be seriously injured or killed before these dangerous animals are put down?

• Like 3

The clue to the temperament of these dogs is surely in the name, 'PitBull' and I wouldn't trust some people to keep a Goldfish. Put a dog like a Pitbull together with a moronic owner and it is a recipe for disaster, and it is proven all too often. Bitten twice before, should have been put down after the first time. 

Unfortunately the responsible dog owners will suffer, but better than a child or an adult being savaged by these massive beasts, once these creatures lock on to you they are not easily dislodged. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am a dog lover but this is not acceptable . The dog has to be destroyed or put into a kennel that is away from humans .. however I think the dog is to badly damaged already .

Stupid owners should not have aggressive dogs if they can’t handle them . such a dog can NOT escape . It is 100% fault of the owners .. Lots of people have such dogs for bragging rights but can’t handle them . 

being foreigner has nothing to do with this case … 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonnash said:

I am a dog lover but this is not acceptable . The dog has to be destroyed or put into a kennel that is away from humans .. however I think the dog is to badly damaged already .

Stupid owners should not have aggressive dogs if they can’t handle them . such a dog can NOT escape . It is 100% fault of the owners .. Lots of people have such dogs for bragging rights but can’t handle them . 

being foreigner has nothing to do with this case … 

But the foreign owner shoud have been smarter and able to think out of the box and have had this nipped in the bud with this dog. As I said you need to teach animals how to behave and listen to commands or manage them well, and apparently this is not the case. In the end the kid and the dog will suffer.. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loong said:

How many more children have to be seriously injured or killed before these dangerous animals are put down?

Only one. The child of a cop. 

• Like 2

The dog ( regardless of breed)Attacked several times before! Guess its time for this one to be held accountable!

I would like to see a  Thai law come out of this ! 3 strikes and your done or something.

• Like 3

more pitbulls are going crazy, this is summer season, need to chain them all time.

in such cases in america, they do cull the dog ( mercy kill) !!

• Like 1

Wow that was its 3rd attack. As such the owner is responsible. After the first attack I’d muzzle the dog. The 2nd attack would see it out down. Unless pit bulls are bought up properly they’re killers. The poor child will be scarred for like because of a negligent owner. 

• Like 4

The girl I Barfined  in Soi 6 Pattaya yesterday was a bit of a Pitbull.

Flat faced,short,stocky, and extremely powerful. 

But on a serious note questions need to be asked about this attack why did the falang owner leave a powerful dog with a history of bad temperment with his Thai wife if she wasn't able to handle it?.

I'm of the mindset don't blame the dog blame the owner he needs to be made an example of if he's at fault. 

Anyway hope the kid makes a full recovery. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Loong said:

Very common here. Nothing ever done. 😡do not walk in Thai / remote areas.😞wild dogs all over. all dogs that attack humans unprovoked should be killed.😠

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

why did the falang owner leave a powerful dog with a history of bad temperment with his Thai wife if she wasn't able to handle it?.

Because he was sick of her and dogs are man’s best friend? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Only one. The child of a cop. 

Dog would be Shot same day.
Owner shaken down big time for “ medical / emotional expenses” (although treatment free).😒

Extrajudicial but Right Outcome. 😉
“Law” here in such cases is useless. Even if Sued Successfully, enforcement would be non- existent. 😡

I love pitbulls they are very sweet smart dogs but if they are mistreated or mishandled they are scary indeed. A dangerous grown animal will unlikely be able to learn new tricks and in these cases should be put down unfortunately.

• Cool 1

I was attacked by an American Pitbull in my gated village in Udon Thani, back in about 2006. I was walking in my local park only 50 metres from my front gate, when this dog just ran & lunged at me & bit me in the groin. Luckily it's teeth didn't penetrate. There was a communal lake right behind me, so I instinctively jumped in. I complained to the police, who followed it up & videod my interview ,& it was aired on Udon Thanis local TV station. If I hadn't been quick thinking it could of been a lot worse. I got a bad graze wound & went to hospital  for rabies jabs. These dogs are banned in Europe & should be worldwide.

• Like 3

Ive had dogs all my life and 'All' dogs can be trained.. but here in Thailand dogs are wild many left to fight and protect their home.. sadly I can see a poisoned sausage being thrown over the fence! 

• Like 2

IMO..these dogs are killers...thats all they do...they should not be allowed to coexist in neighborhoods  or anywhere where people/kids are...establish a deserted island where people and these dogs can live away from the rest of the world

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedBirdy said:

I love pitbulls they are very sweet smart dogs but if they are mistreated or mishandled they are scary indeed. A dangerous grown animal will unlikely be able to learn new tricks and in these cases should be put down unfortunately.

I get sick to my stomach that people actually exist who like pitbulls. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Zig said:

IMO..these dogs are killers...thats all they do...they should not be allowed to coexist in neighborhoods  or anywhere where people/kids are...establish a deserted island where people and these dogs can live away from the rest of the world

IMO you're right - and I'd extend it to say that the owners of these dogs are killers. Anyone who feels like they "need" a 70 kilo pitbull is a potential killer. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Very common here. Nothing ever done. 😡do not walk in Thai / remote areas.😞wild dogs all over. all dogs that attack humans unprovoked should be killed.😠

all dogs that attack humans unprovoked should be killed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawarot said:

I have no problem with guard dogs savaging burglars or otherwise protecting their owners.😉or with human cruelty to dogs punished by dog retaliation😠

14 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

So eliminate all security type dogs, guard dogs, police dogs. dogs protecting owners & their homes from intruders etc etc?  Good luck with that. This mutt with it’s 3rd unprovoked attack deserves a piece of lead behind the ear and the owner a substantial fine with perhaps a stint in the monkey house for allowing the dog to be in a position to launch an unprovoked attack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1