Craft Beer - brewed and/or enjoyed in Bangkok - where to go, what to enjoy

KaptainRob

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

You're speaking my language there. I used to love Bang Saen for that kind of nightlife in the early 2000s. There were at least 20 bars with a big beer garden. "Take it Easy Bar" was probably my favorite venue in the world at the time 🍻 I went back in 2017 and there were 2 left far away from the main strip 🙄

I've never quite found that vibe anywhere in Bangkok.

Many thanks, I'll check it out 👍

As mentioned before they are around in local Thai areas

Not really too far from Suk area

I will take pics of the area right outside my stepson's University in Thamassat in Rangsgit when we are there in late December 

It's really cool

All these great street food trucks and I'd say sheds almost 

With seating areas 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think no one talked about Duke of Beerington, it's a shop near Thong Lor BTS, great selection and very good prices (for Thailand). I went to most of the craft beer places in Bangkok and I think this little shop has the best selection and the best quality/price beers. Can drink in the shop, the price for drinking inside is 30 baht more than taking home, also can buy by Line, and they send the beers to home by Grab motorbike.

The best prices for the quality in the shop are the Australian and New Zealand beers, I think they have some agreement about taxes, or maybe because this countries are more close than Europe or America. But they have great quality beers and the price is quite ok. 

In Phra Khanong there is another bar, Hoppy Hours, I usually went there a lot in the past. Not the best selection, but it's good the atmosphere. Anyway most of the bars in Thailand they don't a have a great selection of craft beers, and most of them are too expensive.

I'm thinking to go to Beer Force, anyway I checked the beers in their website and if you compare with Duke of Beerington is very very expensive, I mean same beers, sometimes some imperial stout it's like 200 or 300 baht more, amazing the difference.

Edited by jonga
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, jonga said:

I think no one talked about Duke of Beerington, it's a shop near Thong Lor BTS, great selection and very good prices (for Thailand). I went to most of the craft beer places in Bangkok and I think this little shop has the best selection and the best quality/price beers. Can drink in the shop, the price for drinking inside is 30 baht more than taking home, also can buy by Line, and they send the beers to home by Grab motorbike.

The best prices for the quality in the shop are the Australian and New Zealand beers, I think they have some agreement about taxes, or maybe because this countries are more close than Europe or America. But they have great quality beers and the price is quite ok. 

In Phra Khanong there is another bar, Hoppy Hours, I usually went there a lot in the past. Not the best selection, but it's good the atmosphere. Anyway most of the bars in Thailand they don't a have a great selection of craft beers, and most of them are too expensive.

I'm thinking to go to Beer Force, anyway I checked the beers in their website and if you compare with Duke of Beerington is very very expensive, I mean same beers, sometimes some imperial stout it's like 200 or 300 baht more, amazing the difference.

Interesting, never been in but I have seen it and from the location you would not expect cheap prices. 

Their website does not have a pricelist/beer menu, can you quote an example please.? 

Cheers. 

Brewski - the highest Craft Beer bar in Bangkok

https://bangkok.phuket101.net/brewski-rooftop-bar-at-radisson-blu-bangkok/

I managed a quick thirst quenching visit to Brewski last week and the above article is a fairly accurate portrayal of what you can expect.

I can add a few extra details -

Pints of beer run to ~350 THB, still a lot cheaper than many bars prices for regular brews.  I enjoyed 2 Thai IPAs and will return to sample more next month.

Staff are helpful and the food being served looked awesome but I did not have time to sample anything.  I had a chat with one of the Radisson PR girls and offered a comment on the tatty appearance of furniture, it could do with a refurbishment.  After dark one might not notice the badly weathered paint as much.

As per the article, the view is rather uninspiring and good company is recommended.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A mid November return visit was disappointing.  Many craft beers no longer on tap, a poor selection now.

My advice to Radisson is to renovate along similar lines to the superb Above Eleven.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, jonga said:

Duke of Beerington cheap.? By what standard.? Last time I was there the cheapest small can was 235 baht, not sure if that was for 250ml or 330. 

I'm happy to be told I've got it wrong. 

Dwyers Bitter is back, but called Best Bitter now not Cream Bitter. 

Currently 230 for a pint (or is that 500 ml) in Chequers, closer to 300 in O'Malleys and Scruffy Murphy's.