Post your best photos from Thailand

mikeholp

@paulieweb
Some photos are rotated when I try to add them on here, any idea why that should happen or if they can be edited ( rotated back ) after adding on here ??

1 hour ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Some photos are rotated when I try to add them on here, any idea why that should happen or if they can be edited ( rotated back ) after adding on here ??

Causes of Sideways Photos from https://www.lifewire.com/why-is-my-picture-turned-sideways-1701398

Most digital cameras include a rotation sensor that writes an orientation EXIF tag into the file that tells the software how to turn the photo for display. That tag, if it's corrupt or inaccurate, yields improperly rotated images on your computer.

How to Fix Sideways Photos

To re-orient your photos, try any of these solutions:

Open the image in an image-editing program that displays EXIF information, such as Adobe Photoshop or the free IrfanView. In IrfanView, the Image > Information command shows basic data, and a button at the bottom of the window opens a separate EXIF data display. If the image does not show EXIF data, then the software cannot orient it properly.

Use Windows Explorer to modify or remove EXIF data. Right-click the image and select Details to reveal a screen with metadata, including EXIF data, that you can adjust if the image supports it.

Force a preferred orientation. Rotate the image, then save it. That process reconstructs the image along the requested dimensions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Causes of Sideways Photos from https://www.lifewire.com/why-is-my-picture-turned-sideways-1701398

Most digital cameras include a rotation sensor that writes an orientation EXIF tag into the file that tells the software how to turn the photo for display. That tag, if it's corrupt or inaccurate, yields improperly rotated images on your computer.

How to Fix Sideways Photos

To re-orient your photos, try any of these solutions:

Open the image in an image-editing program that displays EXIF information, such as Adobe Photoshop or the free IrfanView. In IrfanView, the Image > Information command shows basic data, and a button at the bottom of the window opens a separate EXIF data display. If the image does not show EXIF data, then the software cannot orient it properly.

Use Windows Explorer to modify or remove EXIF data. Right-click the image and select Details to reveal a screen with metadata, including EXIF data, that you can adjust if the image supports it.

Force a preferred orientation. Rotate the image, then save it. That process reconstructs the image along the requested dimensions.

Thanks Rob, I should have mentioned that it was my iPhone.

Have been playing around and seems like if I rotate the original photo 360 degrees then save it resolves my issue.

Will try again.

• Like 1

Found this nice little church in Bang Pa- in .

230DCC8E-9EE1-4B26-9E90-8FAC20B4C5BD.thumb.jpeg.43a24265ab53633fb6fef6859e50fc0d.jpeg

A little different inside though, maybe it’s a hybrid ??

8A22EE5D-1F27-4A45-A5BD-2396BD4D29D3.thumb.jpeg.ed4358cdff12ae824c7e964e5adbe79e.jpeg

• Like 1

Interesting info:  ^

The construction of Wat Niwet Thammaprawat was commissioned by King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in 1876, to serve as the royal temple for the newly expanded Bang Pa-In Palace. The temple was designed by Joachim Grassi, one of the first Italian architects employed under the king's government. Many public buildings were built in the Western style during Chulalongkorn's reign, a trend reflecting the modernisation of Siam (as Thailand was then known) at the time. Wat Niwet Thammaprawat was built in Gothic Revival style, with stained glass windows and a Gothic altar. Its appearance resembles that of a Christian church, with the temple's main Buddha image in place of a Cross. Construction was completed in 1878.

• Thanks 1

My back garden yesterday 

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true. 😀

LC

RB1.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, Johntwo said:

Mrs Johntwo deciding whether to have somtam, larb moo or both :-)

DSC01106_pp11-3.JPG

Red or black on double up🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a quick trip to my wife's village today for Buddhist Ceremony 

It is an absolutely stunning place 

20220501_113807.jpg

20220501_114313.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...