News Forum - Putin declares Mariupol ‘liberated’ despite Ukrainian troops, civilians holding out

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hi guys, on all corners. Let's try to not cross a non middle ugly line. Tap your toe at t he line and then keep it semi civil without the cannons of hurt.

Fair enough mate

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

That’s the spirit! Dehumanize them so you won’t feel bad later on about cheering for the slaughter. I recommend employing the Joe Ferrari technique to save on cleanup & ammunition costs while also building upper body strength. No pain, no gain.

Now, can you go back to talking about NATO, Europe and the bigger picture please? 

Judging only by their actions they are already dehumanized by their collectivist nationalist “ strong leader” mindset. Believing every word of their “ closed circuit” propaganda. Doubt their “ training” includes anything about Geneva Convention. 

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Come on Fanta. Let's call a spade a spade. There are defininite crimes of BS going on from the Russian side for sure. My guess is it it an under the line silent stated as a called bonus by the Russian side for going to war. And it is not an invasion or the propaganda of the silencing of a non existent big group of Nazis. I like a good discussion, but lets keep the lines of reality in line, and civilians men, children and women are in their playbookof kill, maim and rape etc.. If I recall correctly, their intrusion in every squirmish is not above board or never has been.

I have never denied that war crimes are occurring. Certain people use these alleged war crimes as some sort of moral platform to shout down everyone that doesn’t subscribe to their version of the current events of the war. Any time they try to refute a point the responses typically contain “the rapes and murders” as if that adds some sort of weight to their argument. It is a clear attempt to shame anyone that dares to question. Go back, read the posts in these Ukraine threads and count the “apologist, Putin bot, comrade” etc slurs they revel in dishing out. Please note their lack of actual responses and numerous specious claims. You will see the same names using the same tiresome tactics. They don’t want a discussion just an outlet to vent into.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

I have never denied that war crimes are occurring. Certain people use these alleged war crimes as some sort of moral platform to shout down everyone that doesn’t subscribe to their version of the current events of the war. Any time they try to refute a point the responses typically contain “the rapes and murders” as if that adds some sort of weight to their argument and it is a clear attempt to shame anyone that dares to question. Go back, read the posts in these Ukraine threads and count the “apologist, Putin bot, comrade” etc slurs they revel in dishing out. Please note their lack of actual responses and specious claims. You will see the same names using the same tiresome tactics. They don’t want a discussion just an outlet to vent into.

But you do not debate. What you do is obfuscate and defend Czar Putin and his thugs. You try and cloud these threads with misinformation and deflection. At no time do you condemn Czar Putins illegal war in the Ukraine. Or the war crimes being carried out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest posts exhibited a penchant to revert to personal offensive/abusive rhetoric, rather than debating the topic. A number of posts have been removed, as well as the replies quoting them.

Two members have received official warnings.

Disagree civilly without derogatory personal comments.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, astro said:

What questions would that be?

Whether one is prepared to demonise the entire Russian military or otherwise one must be a 'comrade' of Putin?

Whether one is willing to go along with the other armchair warriors here and approve & applaud lynch justice towards random POWs or otherwise one must be hypocritical and have nothing better to do with one's life than posting on a forum?

This is no longer a worthwhile thread to participate in....

Close the door behind you. Oh well, another 1 running away from the truth. " Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye "

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

But you do not debate. What you do is obfuscate and defend Czar Putin and his thugs. You try and cloud these threads with misinformation and deflection. At no time do you condemn Czar Putins illegal war in the Ukraine. Or the war crimes being carried out. 

" I have never denied that war crimes are Occurring " Certain people use these " Alleged " war crimes which is it Haw-Haw a war crime or an Alleged war crime.

1 minute ago, vlad said:

" I have never denied that war crimes are Occurring " Certain people use these " Alleged " war crimes which is it Haw-Haw a war crime or an Alleged war crime.

All allegations are just that until proven. 

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

Close the door behind you. Oh well, another 1 running away from the truth.

He is just seeking time ashore from the Ukraine Love Boat. On that note, I think Odessa should name their offering BJ Street and become a sister soi with Walking Street. The intent is the same. 

36 minutes ago, Fanta said:

All allegations are just that until proven. 

Thats just a cop-out as it takes years to put the perpetrators are brought in front of the War Crimes judge. However, Evidence is being gathered as this video shows.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vlad said:

Thats just a cop-out as it takes years to put the perpetrators are brought in front of the War Crimes judge. However, Evidence is being gathered as this video shows.

Good. Sorry to burst your bubble but we can only hope that both Russia and Ukraine bring their own alleged war criminals to face trial and subsequent punishment but I doubt it. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court 

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Good. Sorry to burst your bubble but we can only hope that both Russia and Ukraine bring their own alleged war criminals to face trial and subsequent punishment but I doubt it. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court 

So are you still saying their Alleged war crimes or do you admit it has happened don't deflect the question we are discussing Russian war crimes not Ukrainian?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vlad said:

So are you still saying their Alleged war crimes or do you admit it has happened don't deflect the question we are discussing Russian war crimes not Ukrainian?

Same old same old. You know my answer already. War crimes are occurring on both sides. The proof is in the pudding not the propaganda pie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gave you ample opportunity to address your claims about War crimes or your Alleged war crimes same old same old you won't answer a simple question. I'll ask you one more time. Do you now accept that Russian forces have committed war crimes or do you Allege war crimes have been committed by Russian forces? were discussing Russian forces, not Ukrainian forces a simple yes/no will do.

• Like 2

In their Propaganda news Russian TV have shown a Brit Aid worker Paul Urey handcuffed and forced to say the UK government is directly aiding Ukraine. Im sure somewhere Aid workers should not be used for Propaganda purposses and paraded against their will infront of Cameras and shown on TV. I did not post the link as its only been aired this morning in the UK news and because it was Russian TV its hardly likely it won't be screened outside Russia

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, vlad said:

I gave you ample opportunity to address your claims about War crimes or your Alleged war crimes same old same old you won't answer a simple question. I'll ask you one more time. Do you now accept that Russian forces have committed war crimes or do you Allege war crimes have been committed by Russian forces? were discussing Russian forces, not Ukrainian forces a simple yes/no will do.

You choose to ignore my consistent answer to your oft repeated question. Enough said.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Transam said:

Think your bails just fell off...............Hows-dat.................🥸....................🤭

Typical of what we have learnt to expect from your “contributions” to any discussion. Try some 2 syllable words for a change and surprise us. You can phone a friend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why do you join in Debates on here Haw -Haw you never answer direct questions your becoming boring coming out with the same old verbal diarrhea. If you are unwilling to debate and answer questions what can be understood clearly its time you moved onto a different topic because this one's not for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like all the civilians at the steelworks could be freed over the next few days

Russia's military said on Wednesday it would open humanitarian corridors from the Azovstal steel plant in the besieged port city of Mariupol on May 5, 6 and 7 to allow civilians to leave the facility. In an online post, the military said the corridors would be open between 8am to 6pm Moscow time each day. During this period Russian forces would cease any military activity and withdraw units to a safe distance, it said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-05/ukraine-russia-war-updates-putin-zelenskyy-mariupol-kyiv/101039760#live-blog-post-1211010247

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vlad said:

Russian forces have Entered the Tunnels underground in the Avostal steelworks in an all-out attack.https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russian-troops-storm-azovstal-steel-plant-in-mariupol-z0xrbpp0c

That was 2 days ago. Tomorrow is freedom day for the civilians trapped there so hopefully the abc article is right. The Russians said it was only to suppress Ukrainian soldiers taking up firing positions above ground. Hopefully the civilians don’t get caught in any crossfire below or above ground. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-03/russia-storms-azovstal-steelworks-mariupol-citizens-remain/101035090

No it is being reported now UK time on ALL the morning news channels. , over a hundred Men Woman and at least a 10 kids are still inside. The worry is with the reputation of this force for the Brutality they will inflict is a worry. Wait for the lie's to come from the Kremlin once the civvie body's get taken out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vlad said:

No it is being reported now UK time on ALL the morning news channels. , over a hundred Men Woman and at least a 10 kids are still inside. The worry is with the reputation of this force for the Brutality they will inflict is a worry. Wait for the lie's to come from the Kremlin once the civvie body's get taken out.

The British Biased Company are quoting the Institute of Stories for Washington as saying the Russian have attacked deep into the steel plant no mention of underground. It is a 12km square plant. We will see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61330132
The evacuation started an hour ago from the steelworks so the claims of underground attacks seem to be at odds with the evacuation plans. We will see.