News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

Just now, vlad said:

don't see many Attack helicopters buzzing around the major cities either Fanta or aircraft. There just lobbing missiles in hitting civvy targets mostly. Even you can see this

So where are the 200+ sorties going? Can you see them? Probably not because you are right. They are not over the cities. I would have thought they would be tasked with harassing and neutralizing the  enemies forces & supplies instead of bombing civilians but that’s not my decision. It is in the hands of those inexperienced. disorganized, demoralized Russians who have almost run out of weapons and have no idea how to fight a war let alone win a campaign /s

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/03/russian-jets-flying-200-sorties-day-firing-its-own-airspace-pentagon-says/363088/ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

I don't see many Attack helicopters buzzing around the major cities either Fanta or aircraft. There just lobbing missiles in hitting civvy targets mostly. Even you can see this.

Well, they must also be “ re-grouping” their smashed depleted forces with 4th tier “reserves” of untrained bewildered (useless) conscripts & buying back their stolen rusted equipment, whilst maintaining their battered “ elite”  air & naval forces well out of harms way ! 🤣🤣

must be tough as a Russian General Officer working to re- build the “ silk purse” from the torn bruised “ pigs ear / dogs breakfast” frontline Russian Military lying trampled in the mud at your feet. 🤣🤣😩

THEN having to face Elite Entrenched Ukrainians armed with latest air defence systems & long range artillery !! Way to Go, Ivan 🤣🤣😩😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

So where are the 200+ sorties going? Can you see them? Probably not because you are right. They are not over the cities. I would have thought they would be tasked with harassing and neutralizing the  enemies forces & supplies instead of bombing civilians but that’s not my decision. It is in the hands of those inexperienced. disorganized, demoralized Russians who have almost run out of weapons and have no idea how to fight a war let alone win a campaign /s

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/03/russian-jets-flying-200-sorties-day-firing-its-own-airspace-pentagon-says/363088/ 

It’s not numbers it’s results…..can’t see any…..so with what outcome these “ sorties”? 

• Like 1

Just now, oldschooler said:

It’s not numbers it’s results…..can’t see any…..so with what outcome these “ sorties”? 

Your guess is as good as mine because I don’t read Russian media and MSM is unsurprisingly quiet about any damage on Ukraine. 

• Cool 1

21 minutes ago, vlad said:

I don't see many Attack helicopters buzzing around the major cities either Fanta or aircraft. There just lobbing missiles in hitting civvy targets mostly. Even you can see this.

Which if true would be entirely useless in terms of war- winning progress but a good way to lose more valuable helis…😩😎😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vlad said:

Our NATO hating Scandavian won't like that oldschooler these Howitzers are the most up to date there is pinpointing and smashing anything from miles away a Russian T-35 will be vaporized if 1 got hit by one of these shells and could easily pinpoint a convoy from an observer ie a SAS observer and once the co-ordinates are radioed in it will be good night Vienna for that column. What the Putin appesers on here don't realize is that the Ukrainian forces are being given far more superior kit than what Russians have. If they get within range of all the Artillery and heavy armor massing in the Dombas the Ukrainian military now has the correct equipment to take them out.

Outstandingly Vlad; let’s hope that scenario indeed comes to pass 👍😎

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Why am I not surprised Fanta that it reminds you of something else, it reminds me of the nasty comments coming from many of the Putin apologists on here, hence the reason for that clip. 

We have got to the stage now where posters are excusing Putin and his murderous thugs, it's always somebody else's fault and never the phychotic lunatic in the Kremlin, well that excuse is wearing very thin now as far as I'm concerned and most other posters I hope.

We are witnessing genocide on a grand scale and still many of the posters are still cheering Putin on. Sick, just sick.

What would you do if some sicko broke into your house and kills your family and destroys everything except for the goods he could send to his girlfriend, I may be wrong here but I doubt you would say to him 'come on, let's talk this through' I know I wouldn't!

It's a good job we in the UK have a PM that has a pair of balls and is giving weapons to help Ukraine. I remember Corbyn asking us to sit around the table with Isis leaders while they were beheading westerners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

As is all your rhetoric about a war leader from 75 years ago.

I was replying to Butterfly's comments Seagull he brought up a war 70 yrs ago not me  Are you interested in these threads or are you just a seagull waiting for scraps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

58 minutes ago, vlad said:

As butterfly likes to take a shot at us Brits and Churchill let me remind him of probably the best speech ever given in History  We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them in the fields in the air and on the sea, we will NEVER surrender, who defeated the Luftwaffe and won the skies over England Butterfly, who defeated the U-BOAT threat to starve us out Butterfly and won the Battle of the Atlantic, who kicked Germany out of North Africa? who kicked the Argentines off the Falklands do you see a patten here butterfly.

Pattern of WINNING well, often against the Odds, and giving Tyrants a good seeing too,  including RUSSIA in Crimean War.

Check out “Battle of Inkerman Hill” for perfect example  of what awaits any foolish Russians coming into NATO lands.😩😉😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

I was replying to Butterfly's comments Seagull he brought up a war 70 yrs ago not me  Are you interested in these threads or are you just a seagull waiting for scraps.

Questions, questions. Always questions. 😃

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

It's a good job we in the UK have a PM that has a pair of balls and is giving weapons to help Ukraine. I remember Corbyn asking us to sit around the table with Isis leaders while they were beheading westerners.

Ah, Corbyn, TEA at the House of Commons for honored guests, lunatic murderers Hamas & “ friend” of every conceivable enemy of British democracy…..🤣🤣😡 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Fanta simple question if your 200+ sorties as you posted happened why are long-range Missiles being used to hit the cities that Russia is Targetting i don't see or hear heavy bombers dropping bombs or Choppers firing missiles into military targets its not happening so where have the 200+ sorties come from. What has flattened Mariupol carpet bombing?

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Pattern of WINNING well, often against the Odds, and giving Tyrants a good seeing too,  including RUSSIA in Crimean War.

Check out “Battle of Inkerman Hill” for perfect example  of what awaits any foolish Russians coming into NATO lands.😩😉😎

I could go on and on Oldschooler but it would be off-topic but I will give you 1 more The battle of Roark's drift where 2nd/24 foot unit of the British Army defeated thousand of Zulu's.

139 men defeated over 4,500 Zulu's and had the distinction of winning more Victoria crosses for bravery in 1 Battle. This is how we win wars by not running away. Grit determination and courage. Not by sitting 20 miles away lobbing shells into city centre.

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

I could go on and on Oldschooler but it would be off-topic but I will give you 1 more The battle of Roark's drift where 2nd/24 foot unit of the British Army defeated thousand of Zulu's.

139 men defeated over 4,500 Zulu's and had the distinction of winning more Victoria crosses for bravery in 1 Battle. This is how we win wars by not running away. Grit determination and courage. Not by sitting 20 miles away lobbing shells into city centre.

And of course guns against spears, even if they were muskets. Maybe they should see if Vlad and Vlod want to regress?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, butterfly said:

The Brits barely escaped Dunkerque, and Hitler was too busy on the Russian front

then the Allies came to the rescue, otherwise you would be speaking German as a Brit 😛

The BEF evacuation was desperate but happened nevertheless, with about 1,000 British servicemen lost on the day. The entire British Army was not in France, although you try to make out that it was - this was in 1940. The Germans did not try to tackle Soviet Russia until 1941, so Hitler had time to polish his lederhosen in June 1940.

You are bereft of historical accuracy, as usual. Pointy hat and face the corner for the rest of the lesson.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, butterfly said:

Putin is the invader, he is in a different position, and very popular at the moment in Russia it seems, so definitely a stateman for Russians, and that's all that matters for Putin and Russia

All that matters? Well nothing else seems to bother them does it?

15 minutes ago, vlad said:

Fanta simple question if your 200+ sorties as you posted happened why are long-range Missiles being used to hit the cities that Russia is Targetting i don't see or hear heavy bombers dropping bombs or Choppers firing missiles into military targets its not happening so where have the 200+ sorties come from. What has flattened Mariupol carpet bombing?

Ask the Pentagon about the 200+ sorties and their targets as they are the source of the 200+ sorties claim. I linked to the article about it already. 

7 hours ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

Semantics, the only lesson here is occupation always eventually ends badly, and bankrupts the occupiers. Only timeframes differ. Nobody has learned from failed Roman adventurism.

Not semantics. This was a fair correction to a wholly inaccurate post. 

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

On a military level Zelenskyy may not have a choice if facing total defeat. His own advisors would turn on him to save the country if defeat is inevitable and on the path  to an unconditional surrender. As you said “it all depends on what the other party is demanding.” imo, Zelenskky’s recent statements are just talk that he cannot follow through with IF Ukraine doesn’t win.  More power to him, everyone likes an underdog especially one that stands up to a bully and says F U 

Well make your mind up then!

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Can we perhaps drop these “peace” ( surrender) fantasies and discuss the reality of a war being fought. US long range artillery is about to be engaged against Russian forces in Donbass ? 

Needs a link there please.

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

I wouldn’t say daft. Slow learner perhaps? If you want to trade jibes I suggest you double up on your adult diapers to protect the furniture, and those around you, from any uncontrollable bladder malfunctions that may occur after someone explains to you the meaning of any negative communications between us. Let’s not go there. Have a dry day! 

I hope you're not trying to take the p1ss?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

It is always hypothetical until the end. The reality is that Ukraine continues to fall back/lose ground in the east and the disputed regions may well be surrounded with a mopping up process to follow before the Russians move onto the next target. The US supplied artillery will be the next target for the Russian Air Force flying through an air defense that a Ukrainian air defense soldier describes as a big flyswatter with big holes in it. 

Just like your underpants?

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

200+ sorties a day, minimal losses and no reports of meaningful air strikes against military targets could make us believe the Russians are only bombing undefended cities and civilians while leaving the manufacturing facilities, supply dumps, transportation routes, tank, artillery & troop formations alone. I doubt we are getting the full picture. 

Certainly not from you.

5 hours ago, francoa said:

Go label your friends with stupid comments. Reality is that Russia will destroy Ukraine to last building standing. Seeing the reality is not putin apology. West and Ukraine could have ended long time ago, could have prevented this. USA wanted and planned this to happen, and dumb Zelensky is caring more about his populistic carrier in western media, rather than saving lives and the country itself. What is the point of fighting when there is nothing left lol  

You heard about Ukraine from news for the first time right? Ive been there 30x. It is and always waa the most corrupted country in europe, run by oligarchs, their GDP grew slower than totalitarian Belarus. They never cared about own people at all…and now they are pictured suddenly as beacon of freedom and democracy.

Pathetic. I hope you had such a strong feelings also against war crimes in Iraq, Libya, Syria..where USA killed dorectly 100k + civilians for no reason 

No, they are pictured suddenly as victims of a murderous bloody invasion. Now, whatever the problems with domestic politics and corruption have been in Ukraine, that is their own business, not Putin's. Maybe Vlad The Bad is just jealous of that??

• Like 1