News Forum - Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya

Thaiger

An Italian man and his Thai female were allegedly attacked just after 2am yesterday morning along Soi LK Metro in Pattaya. They told police they were sitting on their motorbikes in front of a closed bar (currently registered as a ‘restaurant’) when 5 security guards came and attacked them. The Italian man, 32, sustained injuries to his head and lip. His Thai female friend, 34, sitting on the back of his motorbike, told police the security staff “came out of nowhere” and she was unaware what provoked the attack. After the initial attack the couple jumped off their motorcycle and […]

The story Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 Thai guys that have finished work for the night beat the crap out of one foreigner at red light district. Nothing new here. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Grant said:

Question:

Please stop the ads :

too many and they cover the content and we cannot reply!

Grant, please read and follow the FG's in respect of complaints or queries.  Include a screenshot and details re the device used for viewing the article.

FYI: The 'FazWaz' ad may impinge on text with certain small screen devices.

Total cowards as usual. Never seen a Thai fight fair. It’s always 3 or more on one, or some 30 year old having a go at some 60 year old and I’m not talking about a 30 year old Thai woman! 

I say keep it coming. Stories like this find their way in to social media and in foreign news. Land of Smiles? Yeah course it is. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Total cowards as usual. Never seen a Thai fight fair. It’s always 3 or more on one, or some 30 year old having a go at some 60 year old and I’m not talking about a 30 year old Thai woman! 

I say keep it coming. Stories like this find their way in to social media and in foreign news. Land of Smiles? Yeah course it is. 

I can't really argue with your post, but I have my own solution.

As I get older, the thought of being out on the streets/leaving a bar at 2 AM just doesn't appeal anymore; I'd rather wake up around 5 AM and go for a cycle. 

Endorphins beat alcohol, hands down!

😎

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You are from England, right? And that never happens in your country?

"Video shows homeless man being savagely beaten by teenagers in Truro's Moorfield car park":

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/video-shows-homeless-man-being-6651828

"Euro 2020: Danish family attacked by England fans"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-57779541

"Polish man's fatal beating in England raises questions"

https://twitter.com/i/events/771411370243977216

I did a 30 seconds search, plenty of other similar disgraceful stories available, loads... Scumbags are everywhere, in your country, in my country, in Thailand, everywhere. Not to mention that you again draw a very quick opinion based on a very confusing article that surely gives no clue on what exactly happened (and the man is 32, not 60).

Edited by Manu
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Fanta said:

5 Thai guys that have finished work for the night beat the crap out of one foreigner at red light district. Nothing new here. 

There has got to more too it than that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

35 year old man never has a 34 year old girlfriend in Thailand.  Fake news I say

Probably told him she was 24.  Plenty of dud ID around.

• Haha 2

Sorry, I don`t believe a couple minding their own business would be attacked for nothing.

Those who don`t want trouble should avoid confrontation or committing acts that could cause confrontation.

• Like 5

As soon as I saw 2:00 AM in a bar area, I said sure, put yourself in a questionable position and get questionable results. I do wonder if the Thai “lady” actually started the arguing though 😉

• Like 1

Again another striking headline about a Falang getting assaulted for no apparent reason hitting social media before the facts are established. 

I've just had the full SP on this story from a Bar Manager in LK Metro and the facts are nothing like reported.

Again even a dry Songkran attracts the worse type of Chav Falang to Thailand. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An Italian man and his Thai female were allegedly attacked just after 2am yesterday morning along Soi LK Metro in Pattaya. They told police they were sitting on their motorbikes in front of a closed bar (currently registered as a ‘restaurant’) when 5 security guards came and attacked them. The Italian man, 32, sustained injuries to his head and lip. His Thai female friend, 34, sitting on the back of his motorbike, told police the security staff “came out of nowhere” and she was unaware what provoked the attack. After the initial attack the couple jumped off their motorcycle and […]

The story Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Clearly they were debating which version of "West Side Story" was better; and things just escalated. As they tend to do when debating nuances of Broadway musicals.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Clearly they were debating which version of "West Side Story" was better; and things just escalated. As they tend to do when debating nuances of Broadway musicals.

Opera is worse. The punch ups I have seen in pubs caused by arguments over which was better.

Carmen or La Boheme. I was always a Marriage of Figaro guy myself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

I can't really argue with your post, but I have my own solution.

As I get older, the thought of being out on the streets/leaving a bar at 2 AM just doesn't appeal anymore; I'd rather wake up around 5 AM and go for a cycle. 

Endorphins beat alcohol, hands down!

😎

Yes, save the whales!

It’s interesting, that the articles (and the headlines) tell the story of the guy from Italy and his gf first, even the CCTV has proved, that they were lying. Whatever happened there, it wasn’t like the ‘victims’ told the police. 

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Again another striking headline about a Falang getting assaulted for no apparent reason hitting social media before the facts are established. 

I've just had the full SP on this story from a Bar Manager in LK Metro and the facts are nothing like reported.

Again even a dry Songkran attracts the worse type of Chav Falang to Thailand. 

Care to share?

3 hours ago, Manu said:

You are from England, right? And that never happens in your country?

"Video shows homeless man being savagely beaten by teenagers in Truro's Moorfield car park":

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/video-shows-homeless-man-being-6651828

"Euro 2020: Danish family attacked by England fans"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-57779541

"Polish man's fatal beating in England raises questions"

https://twitter.com/i/events/771411370243977216

I did a 30 seconds search, plenty of other similar disgraceful stories available, loads... Scumbags are everywhere, in your country, in my country, in Thailand, everywhere. Not to mention that you again draw a very quick opinion based on a very confusing article that surely gives no clue on what exactly happened (and the man is 32, not 60).

Yes it does happen in England. Whats that got to do with it? I’ve also seen lots of one on one fights with guys in England. Never seen the same in Thailand. That’s my point. It wasn’t that Thailand is violent anymore than anywhere else. It’s that when they fight, they do it cowardly.

Why do people on this forum assume that every negative post about Thailand is based on the view that no such thing happens in other countries? To be clear, England has:

Violence, Corruption, poor driving, thieves, sex perverts, human trafficking, murderers, rapists, stupid people, bad roads, shit weather, too many rules, high taxes, bad politicians etc etc.  Now, can we get back to discussing Thailand on this Thai centric forum? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JED1 said:

Care to share?

Don't want to spoil the surprise when the facts get published but it all started with Falangs and by all accounts the security guys did the Italian guy and his Barfine a favour (because it's dangerous riding motorbikes when you're drunk during Songkran).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Grant, please read and follow the FG's in respect of complaints or queries.  Include a screenshot and details re the device used for viewing the article.

FYI: The 'FazWaz' ad may impinge on text with certain small screen devices.

You can click away from any ads, called Pop Ups. Click outside of the ad and it will disappear.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Don't want to spoil the surprise when the facts get published but it all started with Falangs and by all accounts the security guys did the Italian guy and his Barfine a favour (because it's dangerous riding motorbikes when you're drunk during Songkran).

Thanks. We've updated the story, along with published CCTV footage which clarifies the role of the security guards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimothyN said:

You can click away from any ads, called Pop Ups. Click outside of the ad and it will disappear.

Mot ppl know that Tim, I suspect he's talking about the static ads, or FazWaz which does encroach on some small screens.