News Forum - Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya

Thaiger

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An Italian man and his Thai female were allegedly attacked just after 2am yesterday morning along Soi LK Metro in Pattaya. They told police they were sitting on their motorbikes in front of a closed bar (currently registered as a ‘restaurant’) when 5 security guards came and attacked them. The Italian man, 32, sustained injuries to his head and lip. His Thai female friend, 34, sitting on the back of his motorbike, told police the security staff “came out of nowhere” and she was unaware what provoked the attack. After the initial attack the couple jumped off their motorcycle and […]

The story Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We've updated this story, including video of the incident, which clarifies the role of the 'security guards'. We apologise for incorrect information in the earlier version of the story. The published CCTV footage will assist police in their enquiries.

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An Italian man and his Thai female were allegedly attacked just after 2am yesterday morning along Soi LK Metro in Pattaya. They told police they were sitting on their motorbikes in front of a closed bar (currently registered as a ‘restaurant’) when 5 security guards came and attacked them. The Italian man, 32, sustained injuries to his head and lip. His Thai female friend, 34, sitting on the back of his motorbike, told police the security staff “came out of nowhere” and she was unaware what provoked the attack. After the initial attack the couple jumped off their motorcycle and […]

The story Italian man and Thai woman attacked by ‘security guards’ in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

UPDATED STORY LINK...
https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/italian-man-and-thai-woman-attacked-pattaya-2

Being a security guard   does not mean knocking people to the ground and kicking them.. any other country this is common assault but nothing to happen hear as police will not act..not good for tourism at all 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johno said:

Being a security guard   does not mean knocking people to the ground and kicking them.

what's the point of having the job then? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Mot ppl know that Tim, I suspect he's talking about the static ads, or FazWaz which does encroach on some small screens.

@KaptainRob: Off-topic, but posting anyway as Thaiger might find it useful:

It's not just on small screens. When the original content triggers a vertical scrollbar, the full-screen ad-overlay that temporarily hides the content doesn't disable the scrollbar (which would be trivial to do). Consequently, the close button in the top-right corner becomes partially unavailable (because the scrollbar overlays part of the close-button). Small screens only make that problem more pronounced.

Additionally, some browsers (at least Opera) render the ad-overlay completely empty, so there's not even a close button... That problem is a bit trickier as it is caused by Opera's adblocker preventing some Thaiger resources from loading; still, shouldn't be too hard to figure out a work-around for that one. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TimothyN said:

We've updated this story, including video of the incident, which clarifies the role of the 'security guards'. We apologise for incorrect information in the earlier version of the story. The published CCTV footage will assist police in their enquiries.

After watching the CCTV your article is obviously still incorrect.

I see 4 people on a bike, stopping on the middle of the road and (both is against the law) and starting a fight with other people. The Italian guy is obviously one of the offenders, not the victim. 

• Like 1

Crystal Club?? one of my favorite gogo clubs of all the time in Pattaya, those Thai security guards can't fight man to man, they always in the groups of at least 4 and sometimes got weapons. 

Looks like if the 4 Thai on the bike if minded their business and did not stop and spout off then things would have been just fine. alos looks like the foreinger with the cap on was sort of giving them a wai. Another thing is it looks as if it is the typical group of Thai attacking and kicking one person. Cannot tell who is who in the video when it comes to the Thai guys.

2 AM in Pattaya  looks  busy.  From sad stories I read, I had impression Pattaya was dead. The video  gives scene of many people and many bars/restaurants available.

19 hours ago, ace035 said:

Crystal Club?? one of my favorite gogo clubs of all the time in Pattaya, those Thai security guards can't fight man to man, they always in the groups of at least 4 and sometimes got weapons. 

You mean unlike Brits, who stab you from behind or Americans, who shoot at unarmed people?

There are many areas in the USA and too much in the UK, where the Italian guy wouldn’t have survive his adventure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

You mean unlike Brits, who stab you from behind or Americans, who shoot at unarmed people?

There are many areas in the USA and too much in the UK, where the Italian guy wouldn’t have survive his adventure.

Yes, we know that, but this is a Thai centric forum and we discuss mainly issues which relate to Thailand. As I’ve said many times before, discussing the issues of Thailand is not the same as saying my home country is perfect. To restate a previous post. The U.K. has:

Murderers, rapists, thieves, conmen. Their is corruption, dishonest police and knife attacks. People steal cars and scam tourists. Education and healthcare standards are often inadequate. Their is racism and sexism. But this is a Thai centric forum and hence comments are made relating to issues in Thailand

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, Soidog said:

Yes it does happen in England. Whats that got to do with it? I’ve also seen lots of one on one fights with guys in England. Never seen the same in Thailand. That’s my point. It wasn’t that Thailand is violent anymore than anywhere else. It’s that when they fight, they do it cowardly.

Why do people on this forum assume that every negative post about Thailand is based on the view that no such thing happens in other countries? To be clear, England has:

Violence, Corruption, poor driving, thieves, sex perverts, human trafficking, murderers, rapists, stupid people, bad roads, shit weather, too many rules, high taxes, bad politicians etc etc.  Now, can we get back to discussing Thailand on this Thai centric forum? 

Words I do not personally experience as a violent whatever… maybe you attract the shit and not me. In Thailand. Don’t know what else to say.

4 hours ago, Manu said:

Words I do not personally experience as a violent whatever… maybe you attract the shit and not me. In Thailand. Don’t know what else to say.

Which words? Not making yourself clear by quoting my entire post? Maybe you were drunk when you read my post? 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, Vigo said:

2 AM in Pattaya  looks  busy.  From sad stories I read, I had impression Pattaya was dead. The video  gives scene of many people and many bars/restaurants available.

Yeah, And if you want to hang around in them places you can expect that kinda stuff.🙂

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes, we know that, but this is a Thai centric forum and we discuss mainly issues which relate to Thailand. As I’ve said many times before, discussing the issues of Thailand is not the same as saying my home country is perfect. To restate a previous post. The U.K. has:

Murderers, rapists, thieves, conmen. Their is corruption, dishonest police and knife attacks. People steal cars and scam tourists. Education and healthcare standards are often inadequate. Their is racism and sexism. But this is a Thai centric forum and hence comments are made relating to issues in Thailand

lol education doesnt prevent from violence 

emotion always wins

34 minutes ago, koute said:

lol education doesnt prevent from violence 

emotion always wins

Indeed. And my education made me miss the two typos. Their and there 😂😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Soidog said:

Which words? Not making yourself clear by quoting my entire post? Maybe you were drunk when you read my post? 

??????

On 4/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, Soidog said:

Yes it does happen in England. Whats that got to do with it? I’ve also seen lots of one on one fights with guys in England. Never seen the same in Thailand. That’s my point. It wasn’t that Thailand is violent anymore than anywhere else. It’s that when they fight, they do it cowardly.

Why do people on this forum assume that every negative post about Thailand is based on the view that no such thing happens in other countries? To be clear, England has:

Violence, Corruption, poor driving, thieves, sex perverts, human trafficking, murderers, rapists, stupid people, bad roads, shit weather, too many rules, high taxes, bad politicians etc etc.  Now, can we get back to discussing Thailand on this Thai centric forum? 

No mate , I respect your opinion in many ways but your original comment was very clear. Go back and read it again. Got caught and now you reply by saying concentrating on the Thai s*****gs instead of general ones everywhere while your original comment was clearly saying that there was a specific Thai problem rather than a human one happening everywhere (and in quite a few of your other posts before).  Nice switch. Be straight come on.

59 minutes ago, Manu said:

No mate , I respect your opinion in many ways but your original comment was very clear. Go back and read it again. Got caught and now you reply by saying concentrating on the Thai s*****gs instead of general ones everywhere while your original comment was clearly saying that there was a specific Thai problem rather than a human one happening everywhere (and in quite a few of your other posts before).  Nice switch. Be straight come on.

Hi mate. I’ve looked back and I’m still confused. Let me restate what I said initially. Thais are cowards when it comes to fights. They rarely, if ever will fight 1 on 1 and tend to hunt in packs. I wasn’t suggesting that Thailand is any more or less violent than many other places. 

I then reacted to the usual attitude of some, whereby they try to balance the negative comment by bringing in other countries. I went on to explain that my own country (U.K.) has many similar issue that Thailand has. However, when it comes to getting in to a fight, you will find people fight 1 on 1. Not always, but far more often than in Thailand. 

Beyond that, I’m not sure what it is you saw in my post which has led to this confusion. If you wish to pull out the initial comment, perhaps I can clarify. 

When you say I got caught, what specifically do you think I was caught on? Calling Thais cowards when they fight? Yes, they are. This was a specific comment about Thais. But it wasn’t suggesting only Thais are violent. There is far too much violence in many countries, my own included.  

23 hours ago, Soidog said:

Hi mate. I’ve looked back and I’m still confused. Let me restate what I said initially. Thais are cowards when it comes to fights. They rarely, if ever will fight 1 on 1 and tend to hunt in packs. I wasn’t suggesting that Thailand is any more or less violent than many other places. 

I then reacted to the usual attitude of some, whereby they try to balance the negative comment by bringing in other countries. I went on to explain that my own country (U.K.) has many similar issue that Thailand has. However, when it comes to getting in to a fight, you will find people fight 1 on 1. Not always, but far more often than in Thailand. 

Beyond that, I’m not sure what it is you saw in my post which has led to this confusion. If you wish to pull out the initial comment, perhaps I can clarify. 

When you say I got caught, what specifically do you think I was caught on? Calling Thais cowards when they fight? Yes, they are. This was a specific comment about Thais. But it wasn’t suggesting only Thais are violent. There is far too much violence in many countries, my own included.  

All this to say what I said in the first place, no need for so many words. What you described is very clear “Thais are cowards towards fights “ . No sense. Have you had any fight with a Thai person? No clearly. Anybody at all? Well clearly you have not… Your sense and however experience in this country, I wish you might eventually realised that maybe there is something wrong with you, me nor anyone I know makes your statement any sense. Come back with more paragraphs of pointless words if you wish, I am sorry but you are full of prejudices and I guess at your age, not much to talk yiu out of it. I agree with you on many subjects but there, come on…

12 minutes ago, Manu said:

Come back with more paragraphs of pointless words if you wish

No I don’t wish. I don’t engage with judgemental people who lash out with a series of insults instead of debate. At your age I guess that won’t change either. Take care. 

On 4/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, Fanta said:

5 Thai guys that have finished work for the night beat the crap out of one foreigner at red light district. Nothing new here. 

Ah yes, just another innocent farang on a drinking street at 2am just minding their own business.  Clearly it was all the security guards fault and not that we are only hearing one side of the story.  That never happens in Pattaya. 

Edited by samiam123

20 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Ah yes, just another innocent farang on a drinking street at 2am just minding their own business.  Clearly it was all the security guards fault and not that we are only hearing one side of the story.  That never happens in Pattaya. 

Yawn.. both the article and video were updated, and the story changed, AFTER I made that comment. 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:39 PM, Soidog said:

No I don’t wish. I don’t engage with judgemental people who lash out with a series of insults instead of debate. At your age I guess that won’t change either. Take care. 

Judgmental? Please come on you cannot  just write that and think, that’s it. I offered you a real debate, nothing else. And you found that insulting… Not sure about my age but yous is definitely showing. Take care indeed but I mean It.