Need advice on a Visa run to Cambodia from Thailand

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

<comment deleted - please read the article above - if you wish to open a new thread discussing Land Crossings please do so in the relevant Travel section>

Edited by KaptainRob
Read advice provided

• 3 months later...

I got a visa to visa bangkok in Feb, flew to cambodia got another visa, did an extension for 30 days then went to cambodia again on July 25. My visa was denied, I came back to thailand without a visa thinking I was going to get the  30 exemption but boy was I wrong. The visa exemption was denied and I was question for about an hour. I told them I came back to visit my GF and wanted to stay 30 more days. One of the immigration office told me to call my GF, after talking to her he gave me a paper to sign and stamp my passport for 30 days. I was told that I can not do visa run to cambodia, I have to go back home to my country ( USA ) for at least 2 months and then get another visa to come back to thailand. I learned my lesson. Thailand doesn't want you to stay long term. They just want you to visit and go back home. 

You could initially have applied for a different visa which allows you to stay longer.

The days have long gone when one could stay for long periods on what used to be called back-to-back visas from neighbouring countries.