Time to extend again (retirement). Any changes I should be aware of?

I'm planning to go into Chaengwattana on the 11th to extend my stay based on retirement, which I have done about six times before already (three recent ones at Bangkok, three prior in other provinces), so nothing new. I'm wondering if there are any changes or stipulations I need to be aware of other than the usual:

• Bank letter affirming 800K deposit for the past two months
  • TM7 & 4×6 cm photo of my hansum face
  • Copies of blue housebook where I'm staying
  • Copies of house owner's ID card (he's my father in law, if that matters)
  • Notarized letter with the green stamps assuring them it's really his signature
  • TM30 address change receipt from three years ago, in case they ask for it
  • I don't have a 90 day report receipt because I'm doing it online now, but I can open up my email on my phone and show them, if they insist.  Surely they'll be able to check their system and seem I'm up to date on that?

Are there any new hoops I'll need to jump through this year?  Thanks.

Just wanted to come back with an update.  Everything went... uh, not smoothly, but I guess normally.

It was not crazy busy; everyone could have a seat with only a few needing to stand while waiting.  I was first in line at the bank and that took 30 minutes because I had an outdated bank register and they needed to give me a new one for 50B.  Also there was some question as to how much activity the statement should show - two months? Three months?  Whole year?  I said just give me the usual - whatever immigration expects.  She said I need to choose one, so I chose a year statement to be safe.  It ended up being  more than a year because it went back to Jan 1st of 2021.

Went upstairs to immigration at 9:10 and got my number: 46 with the queue currently at 10.  I got called just before lunch.  Out of all the desks in the L section (seems like there are 8-12), only two or three of them were actively working the queue.

That's when the officer gave me the additional new (new for me, at least) form that I had to fill out on the spot.  I had completed only the top part (encircled in red here) when she said good enough. Then she took my 2000 baht and threw the change at me.  Wrong side of the bed for her today, I guess.

644627570_newform.thumb.png.24493493b1584eae0f9ca81f9aeccfe6.png

There was something very interesting about the prior year stamps in my passport, and she had to visit the desks of two other officers to get their input.  I don't know what it could have been but there was a lot of discussion about it.  I recall this happening last year too.  Maybe this year I need to get a new passport to purge whatever old info is sending up caution flags for them.

Finally the lunch bell rang and everyone filed out.  Came back at 1 pm and got my passport back about 30 minutes later.

• Thanks 1

I walk into my agents office, give him my passport, my updated bank book, recent pic,  plus 15K.  I come back in 2 days and collect my passport, with my new extension in it. Couldn't be easier or less hassle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I walk into my agents office, give him my passport, my updated bank book, recent pic,  plus 15K.  I come back in 2 days and collect my passport, with my new extension in it. Couldn't be easier or less hassle. 

See? Thats how you do it! POP. 😃

13,000bt seems a bit steep for an hours work 🥴 not including a waiting period of another hour or so during which one might read an E-book or ThaigerTalk. 😝

In Chiang Mai you'd still have to accompany the agent and have a digital pic taken.  And 90 day online reports are such a breeze it obviates the need for an agent unless you are busy or live out of town.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I really think for something so simple that's decent cold beer money being thrown away. Even criminally so if you're actually legit and have the money in the bank. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I really think for something so simple that's decent cold beer money being thrown away. Even criminally so if you're actually legit and have the money in the bank. 

I do have the money in the bank, I just can't stand the hassle of providing nonsensical paperwork,  the all too often IO inconsistences and the crowds of people,  so I am more than  happy to pay that much to avoid it. And yet many don't question the legal scam that is the Elite Visa, that is truly throwing money away?  Odd that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I do have the money in the bank, I just can't stand the hassle of providing nonsensical paperwork,  the all too often IO inconsistences and the crowds of people,  so I am more than  happy to pay that much to avoid it. And yet many don't question the legal scam that is the Elite Visa, that is truly throwing money away?  Odd that. 

Fair enough - agreed the Elite Visa is for people with more money than sense - however it's all relative I guess. If I was a billionaire I would get one in a heartbeat and abuse the limousine service something rotten! Currently I'm only a multi-millionaire so working up to it! 

A friend of mine is in the same boat as you, he went to an agent. However when the agent found out he really had the money she asked him why he wanted her to do it (wow an honest agent) - 1 trip to the bank, 1 hours collation of paperwork and saved 15k. 

Hua Hin area they are super helpful and even give out their personal phone numbers in case you hit any hitches and I've never given then a baht. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

1 trip to the bank, 1 hours collation of paperwork and saved 15k. 

Umm, that's a bit like saying that I didn't buy a Ferrari today, so I saved myself 15 million Baht.  Money is there to be spent on making life happy and easy, that's why some fly business class and not economy, even though the seats are all flying to the same place at the same time; they do it because its a better experience. I spend my 15K because it makes for a better experience when I have to get my extension.  Pre Covid when travelling, I would always pay the 2,500 Baht for the VIP arrival service at BKK; same reason.   My money is there to serve me, I don't serve it. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 4:55 AM, Pinetree said:

Umm, that's a bit like saying that I didn't buy a Ferrari today, so I saved myself 15 million Baht.  Money is there to be spent on making life happy and easy, that's why some fly business class and not economy, even though the seats are all flying to the same place at the same time; they do it because its a better experience. I spend my 15K because it makes for a better experience when I have to get my extension.  Pre Covid when travelling, I would always pay the 2,500 Baht for the VIP arrival service at BKK; same reason.   My money is there to serve me, I don't serve it. 

I actually agree with every word and I live my life like that - you have humbled me into submission 😀

(Though it really is a piece of piss)

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 10:55 AM, Pinetree said:

Brilliantly explained, can't fault the logic and affordability is not an issue for me.

However, when last year's extension was due I put 12,000 Baht on the computer desk in front of me and said to myself "For the sake of not doing battle with Jomtien Immigration office am I prepared to give these notes to an agent".  Years of frugality caused me to put the notes back in my wallet. 

It was not too arduous at Jomtein although I would prefer not to make the visit - and I would certainly like to avoid the re-visit after 3 months to show that 800k is still in the bank. By choice I would prefer not to maintain the necessary balances but just transfer money each month. 

Sometime before 19th June I will undertake the same test........this time I will have Pinetree's words ringing in my ears. All the factors support his comments 

"My money is there to serve me, I don't serve it"....... I love that phrase. It becomes even more valid as one gets older; the kids will get enough, the rest is for my comfort. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, Augratin said:

Bank letter affirming 800K deposit for the past two months

I'm confused with several parts of your post. The bank letter has nothing to do with your bank records for the past 2 months. It's a statement that you are the owner of that account and balance at that date. Immigration at CW would want photocopies of your bank book pages back to the date of your previous extension.

CW also wants to see activity on day of application. Many people deposit say 100baht at same time as obtaining bank letter.

If you make many transactions with the account then they may require bank statements and that would be for the year. 

I use a designated account for immigration and as a result bank statements not required.

You mention TM30 and also 90 report receipt. These should not be required for annual extensions. The fact they were accepted does not mean they are required.