News Forum - Foreigner in Pattaya bleeding after alleged altercation with security

Thaiger

A foreign man in Pattaya was left bleeding from several serious injuries in what witnesses say was an altercation with security. The witnesses found the man lying on the ground in the middle of Pratumnak Soi 5. The altercation allegedly happened at night in front of a ‘restaurant’ there. As the man lay on the ground, a few other foreigners directed traffic and checked on him while waiting for emergency rescue services. Emergency services then took him to a hospital. The man’s name has not been reported, however he is reportedly believed to be about 50 years old. The Pattaya […]

The story Foreigner in Pattaya bleeding after alleged altercation with security as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

42 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Why the quote marks, is their food that bad?

Because it’s one of those places … 😉 … you know, the restaurant you have that is not really a restaurant, but gives you the licence to operate.  Those that went from GoGo bars to GoGo restaurants. Just like lots of bars called themselves cafes, but now register as restaurants, but name stays the “same” 😉

• Haha 1

Thailand is a land of smiles....If anything happens...just smile and move on. Do not try to show "Who is the Boss" in a foreign country where the local rules prevails.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vlad said:

The " Foreighner " will be blamed as usual.

Of course. No mention if the security guys were arrested for assault then?  I guess beating up a foreigner (or Guest as some would have you believe) is normal now. Keep up the good work Thailand. As if your tourist industry isn’t already damaged enough. Land of Smiles 😂😂

• Like 3

I might dislike several things about Thailand, but to be honest, getting into fight with security, owners, staff…. does not really happen normally, unless that person kinda deserves it, caused it

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

Running away without paying your bill is a crime in most countries of the world. 

So is assault causing actual bodily harm. Detain them, don’t debrain them ;-) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, francoa said:

I might dislike several things about Thailand, but to be honest, getting into fight with security, owners, staff…. does not really happen normally, unless that person kinda deserves it, caused it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, francoa said:

It happens quite frequently, actually 

And no person deserves a mob beating on him

Which Thais are always looking to do when a fight starts 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

Running away without paying your bill is a crime in most countries of the world. 

Except in California. They'd only issue a ticket. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:34 AM, Marc26 said:

It happens quite frequently, actually 

And no person deserves a mob beating on him

Which Thais are always looking to do when a fight starts 

no, it does not happen quite frequently  at all. Staff, security guards ti not attack out of the blue

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, francoa said:

no, it does not happen quite frequently  at all. Staff, security guards ti not attack out of the blue

Give me a # of stories you would like me to link to......Go ahead, pick a #

I added 3(2 in the last 2 weeks), can add many more...............

I lived in Patong, been going there for 18 years now

It is almost a weekly occurance on Bangla Rd...............I have seen it happen countless times

A person may be at fault, but security guards go way over the top when they do, with Thais not even from the establishment joining in

It almost happened to me for lightly putting a drunk TG down who was trying to hit me with a bottle

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-security-guards-allegedly-attack-foreign-tourist-following-bill-dispute

https://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/520763/polish-tourist-assaulted-in-pattaya-bar

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

A person may be at fault, but security guards go way over the top when they do, with Thais not even from the establishment joining in

Correct. Thai security act the way most Thais do. They have an initial non confrontational approach and often watch from the sidelines. But when they flip, they have no limits. They totally forget that there job is to deal with drunken assholes. That’s why they are employed. They are there to do three things:

Attempt to defuse things. Remove the initial threat, such as restraining the person being violent and/or removing any weapons such as bottles/knifes etc. Remove the person from the premises or call for support from Police if the individual will not leave or keeps returning. At no point should security engage in beating up the person. They are the ones who are supposed to be sober and in control. Of course they may need to use physical force to restrain and protect themselves, but to engage in a gang beating is unprofessional and unnecessary. 

Like you Marc I’ve seen this happen several times over the years, and not just in a wild places like Bangla Road. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Yes. A nice demonstration of Thainess on display there. I wonder if TAT will present that video during the next marketing push in the UK. 

My advice to anyone caught up in something like this is that if you can’t walk away or even run away, you must go at at 100%. Once you are attacked by a Thai, it means they are now totally, and I mean totally out of control. They won’t take a cheap shot and back down with words. The problem is you will not be fighting one person, it will always be at least two and often more. I saw a fight in Pattaya with three Thais and a foreigner. One of the Thais kicked him from behind and the guy turned around and smacked him so hard his jaw nearly fell off. The other two decided the odds were now not so good and ran away. If you don’t attack, you will end up like this couple or you will end up dead. 

The trick of course is never to get yourself in such a situation. Often easier said than done. What I would say, is that you are far more likely to get in to trouble with another foreigner in places like Pattaya than you are a Thai. But if you do get in to a physical confrontation with a Thai, make no doubt, you are in a fight to the end. 

33 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes. A nice demonstration of Thainess on display there. I wonder if TAT will present that video during the next marketing push in the UK. 

My advice to anyone caught up in something like this is that if you can’t walk away or even run away, you must go at at 100%. Once you are attacked by a Thai, it means they are now totally, and I mean totally out of control. They won’t take a cheap shot and back down with words. The problem is you will not be fighting one person, it will always be at least two and often more. I saw a fight in Pattaya with three Thais and a foreigner. One of the Thais kicked him from behind and the guy turned around and smacked him so hard his jaw nearly fell off. The other two decided the odds were now not so good and ran away. If you don’t attack, you will end up like this couple or you will end up dead. 

The trick of course is never to get yourself in such a situation. Often easier said than done. What I would say, is that you are far more likely to get in to trouble with another foreigner in places like Pattaya than you are a Thai. But if you do get in to a physical confrontation with a Thai, make no doubt, you are in a fight to the end. 

That's exactly what I did (well that's what I always do anyways 5555)

I was on Bangla Rd after the club clubs closed

I was waiting for BBQ and a really drunk Thai girl kept hitting on me

I was very nice in saying "no"

But she got pissed and tried to hit me with a big beer bottle 

I sort of hugged her and put her on the ground as easy as I could

But then of course then all the Thai guys came and starter to circle me

But I just went nuts and they backed off

Then police came and most of the Thais that actually saw what happened told them the girl was the aggressor 

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Give me a # of stories you would like me to link to......Go ahead, pick a #

I added 3(2 in the last 2 weeks), can add many more...............

I lived in Patong, been going there for 18 years now

It is almost a weekly occurance on Bangla Rd...............I have seen it happen countless times

It almost happened to me for lightly putting a drunk TG down who was trying to hit me with a bottle

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-security-guards-allegedly-attack-foreign-tourist-following-bill-dispute

https://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/520763/polish-tourist-assaulted-in-pattaya-bar

Sorry I am going to disagree again.

Firstly of the 3 links you provided, 1 is dated back to 2015, the other 2018. That's hardly "a weekly occurance"...

Secondly you mention (only) Bangla Road... I went there for the 1st time back in October, although under covid restrictions it was busy as (almost) usual. After 100m into it, I have been stopped many times, being offered all sorts, including different types of drugs and of course, I have been called by pratically all prostitutes aorund that were not already busy. Tourists going there, we all know why: drinks, drugs (for many) and sex. Now what type of Thai people would a place like that attract (or any similar places around the world)? Thughs, hustlers, drug dealers, people involved in prostitution, with the added local bonus, the uniforms supervising all that. And that goes of course also for some places in Pattaya or Soi Cowboy in BBK, etc... And I am sorry, when I was on Bangla road, the only (few) ones I saw behaving erratically were not Thai people. A hugely drunk farang behaving badly amongst a contration of local criminals: what is it to expect??

Going to get hammered in these places, especially for the many that cannot behave in that state, or just simply going there for a few drinks (find other places to drink or face the obvious possible consequences in a place like that), it is really asking for trouble. But guess what, Thailand as all countries around the world have also thugs, drug dealers, people involved in prostitution etc..., and like everywhere, Bangla rd, Pattaya etc... are the places where you are most likely to find them.

Your comment gives the impression that it is like that all over Thailand and that all Thais are like that. It definitely would scare some people that have never been to Thailand. Not good. This is definitely not the Thailand I personally know.