Fell into an empty swimming pool, need sports injury recommendation?

Americanbob

About 5 weeks ago was at a mates house who was refilling his pool.

I wasn't aware quite how close I was and ended up falling to the floor, then falling into the empty pool... Just like Hollywood! ;)

(except I'm no stuntman).. To say I got lucky to just walk away is understatement. I was told it was quite a sight to behold!!!

Went to ER that night to see if I'd broken any ribs - nope.

5 weeks later my shoulder (where I landed) is still extremely painful, haven't had a good nights sleep, and Advil won't touch the pain.

Need to get it sorted, but don't really trust traditional doctors in Bumrungrad etc as they never seem to take the time to really look into things.

Any recommendations for some kind of sports-medicine facility or clinic? Someone who can xray or ultrasound the shoulder and see if it's a rotator cuff issue, or connective tissue or just a deep bruise? Would like to do rehab as - at my age - healing can take forever. I know there must be places that local athletes go and that are used to dealing with these kind of shoulder issues?

Appreciate it.

You are smart in your approach. I expect that you probably have some deep tissue bruising. You will want to go where they prefer non invasive procedures and focus on rehab and exercises.

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/center-clinic/male-wellness/bangkok-academy-of-sports-and-exercise-medicine-basem?info=overview

Sport Medicine Department  Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital Mahidol University 

https://www2.si.mahidol.ac.th/en/orthopaedic-surgery/sport-medicine/

OP, sounds the type of thing  that I would do.  I got tangled in my dogs lead last week, fell over and broke a finger.  Hospital doctor said just leave it and it will heal. It is bent like a cork screw. Still, a good talking point over medicinal alcohol with mates.  

Sure it isn't a little hair line crack in your collar bone? This takes a bit to sort itself out naturaly but goes away. Done it many of times.

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

OP, sounds the type of thing  that I would do.  I got tangled in my dogs lead last week, fell over and broke a finger.  Hospital doctor said just leave it and it will heal. It is bent like a cork screw. Still, a good talking point over medicinal alcohol with mates.  

Buy yourself a finger splint to keep it straight and keep from a potential surgery later on.

• Thanks 1

The Op could have a myriad of issues including a tear in his labrum, tear in the rotator cuff a tear in the rear of the shoulder, or even something closer up towards his neck.....doesn't hurt to see a sports medicine doc and maybe even have an MRI done.  If you can not lift your arm straight out from the side or strait up to the sky going frontwards and then trying to reach behind your back from the arm down at your side the issue would definitely be in the shoulder itself.  After 2 shoulder surgeries I now have a fully operational right arm once again....

4 hours ago, Americanbob said:

I wasn't aware quite how close I was and ended up falling to the floor, then falling into the empty pool... Just like Hollywood! ;)

Shocking incident Bob reminded me of the 2001 case involving the actor Michael Barrymore.

Anyway get well soon Bob you're doing the right thing seeking professional help be careful self medicating.