News Forum - Provincial governors ordered to ramp up disease controls as Covid cases surge

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Please give examples of the SNP hating the English. Rabid British Nationalism is what the Unionists are all about. If there is any hatred being put about its by them against people who want to see Scotland as an independent country.

Sturgeon is very popular in Scotland despite the MSM who do everything they can to vilify her while interviewing the very same people you hold up as being patriots. Kind of Schrödinger's cat thing you got going on there.

Off Topic Sturgeon is sufficiently popular with the many uneducated anti- english and power -hungry zealots to survive major scandals & piss poor performance to scrape SNP / Greens into office. She has never held a majority.SNP have clearly presided over a disgraceful terminal decline in all public services in Scotland since taking office, despite increasing funds from Westminster. SNP Westminster / Holyrood MPs are of the worst possible caliber, power- hungry unemployable morons, few having had real jobs I suspect. These to lead Scotland 😩to the bright future uplands? 🤣

After two failed referendums in forty years I view the continuing brain dead fanatic attempts by 1% UK voters to divide my country as treason. Best the utterly failed Devolved UK Parliaments are Dissolved. Shetlands & Orkneys (and maybe other areas) will become Crown Dependencies rather than join a separated bankrupt pointless Scotland, which already enjoys a subsidized democratic autonomy way beyond any other such nation or region, in the world.

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Neil Oliver was an archeologist not a historian. Many of his programs are factually wrong and get torn apart by real experts.

His anti Sturgeon comments are due to his rabid British Nationalism.

Still, very few in Scotland actually listen to him and even fewer watch GB News so a non event really.

Can find only SNP, Twitter Wokes & Jealous Older Academics trying feebly to discredit him. Some of his purported statements are extreme perhaps but unclear if he actually spoke those words. Not worried if he did. Calling countries “ shitholes”’is alright by me for example(what else do you call them?).”Cybernat” SNP treatment of Smiths daughter utterly appalling & typical.Sturgeon clearly a fan of that gutter crew. Says it all really. 
Andrew Neill another commentator I admire lays bare that sewer aka SNP. 

57 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Masks are misunderstood.  I'd like to explain:

Respitory germs are spread by aerosols inches air but also by contact. Masks might be marginally effective in containing aerosols but fairly effective in preventing contact transmission. People frequently touch their noses unconsciously which promotes transmission to one's hands. Your hands than complete thee process to someone else else. With the mask I'm place the nose to hand transfer doesn't take place. Add to that the frequent availability of hand sanitizers.  So masks reduce covid transmission by lessening aerosols plus hand transfers. 

The type of mask might help reduce aerosols transmission differently, but any mask that covers your nose should reduce transfer of the virus or other germs.

Some people say that Masks should only be mandated indoors, but nose to hand to *** would still be possible.

Wash or sanitize frequently could make a difference.

Well, either all the studies and experts are wrong, or any misunderstanding is on your part.

While you think that "masks might be marginally effective in containing aerosols", the studies of surgical, 94 and 95 type masks contain aerosols by around 95% (most quote 94-96%).

95% isn't "marginal".

If you really need links to the studies I'll look them up again, but they've been given so many times here that shouldn't really be necessary every time the point's raised.

... and while contact transmission happens, and you're right that "wash or sanitize frequently could make a difference" it's pretty widely accepted that the vast majority of transmission is aerosol. Again, if you need links I'll give them later but they've been given countless times here by many people on every side of the various Covid divides.

We agree on many things, but on this we couldn't be further apart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

You are simply choosing to split hairs.

It has nothing to do with splitting hairs - you're just talking absolute nonsense and then throwing the normal tantrum when I point it out.

Millions of people didn't vote for Prayut as you claimed. Nobody did, as he didn't stand for election.

... and he didn't become PM because PPP won the election, as PPP only won 166 out of 500 seats. He became PM because he'd nominated all 250 in the senate and 249 of the 250 voted for him.

Those aren't "small details" or "dissecting words" - what you're saying in your "overall point" isn't just misleading but totally and completely wrong and untrue.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Off Topic Sturgeon is sufficiently popular with the many uneducated anti- english and power -hungry zealots to survive major scandals & piss poor performance to scrape SNP / Greens into office. She has never held a majority.SNP have clearly presided over a disgraceful terminal decline in all public services in Scotland since taking office, despite increasing funds from Westminster. SNP Westminster / Holyrood MPs are of the worst possible caliber, power- hungry unemployable morons, few having had real jobs I suspect. These to lead Scotland 😩to the bright future uplands? 🤣

After two failed referendums in forty years I view the continuing brain dead fanatic attempts by 1% UK voters to divide my country as treason. Best the utterly failed Devolved UK Parliaments are Dissolved. Shetlands & Orkneys (and maybe other areas) will become Crown Dependencies rather than join a separated bankrupt pointless Scotland, which already enjoys a subsidized democratic autonomy way beyond any other such nation or region, in the world.

You understand the rules for Holyrood elections are designed to prevent majorities yes? It uses a type of proportional representation. If it used the first past the post system (as Westminster does) the SNP would hold over 80% of the seats. Oh wait. No you dont. Thats why you are here giving everyone else the benefit of your uneducated rant.

So in short you have no idea about Scottish politics.

Thanks for your impute. I'm sure me and my fellow Scots will take it on board. 

Chin chin old chap. Try not to trip over your morris bells when Scotland decides to become independent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldschooler said:

One adult /one voteDemocracy just doesn’t work in an uneducated monarch - worshipping undeveloped collectively -minded country like Thailand where most people focus solely on day to day survival & materialism, whose votes are easily bought with food subsidies, with only a few brave young activists seeking real democratic change, based upon proper govt, improved public institutions, non-governing monarchy, etc.

Previous self- interested civilian politicians all an absolute  disgrace, further proving unsuitability of democracy here, leaving military no choice but to take over to avoid chaos.

First time I think I've ever given anyone a 'rolling eyes'.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Can find only SNP, Twitter Wokes & Jealous Older Academics trying feebly to discredit him. Some of his purported statements are extreme perhaps but unclear if he actually spoke those words. Not worried if he did. Calling countries “ shitholes”’is alright by me for example(what else do you call them?).”Cybernat” SNP treatment of Smiths daughter utterly appalling & typical.Sturgeon clearly a fan of that gutter crew. Says it all really. 
Andrew Neill another commentator I admire lays bare that sewer aka SNP. 

Please calm down. I understand you are frustrated and angry that Englands nearest "colony" might leave and it will see its world standing even further reduced but thats how things go in life.

Look on the bright side. You will be able to build your racially pure Brexit utopia without those damned Scots getting in the way.

Its a win win for us both. 

4 hours ago, vlad said:

... they should have started vaccinations with what the west was using not a vaccine that was ineffective to fight Delta. 

They did - Astra Zeneca.

The vaccine procurement was appalling, as I've said many times, but by any measure they've still done far better at protecting their population than "the west".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

There is nothing to wait for than living life now, not tomorrow, not in a vague future that your world seems to be offering as only option. The ones who are scared to live life are free to stay home forever, you will be safe there

Fortunately for me and many others, in 'my world' people consider others and not just themselves, and they don't just say "enough" when things become slightly inconvenient for them and they reject any form of community responsibility in favour of self interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

That’s not what I have known to happen with my friends. If you test positive at a hospital or another official source you will not be permitted home isolation. 
If you self test positive they will say don’t come to the hospital if you don’t have symptoms and you have never “officially” tested positive. 
These are just anecdotes. Interested to know others? 

Sorry, but if that's what your friends have told you they're misinformed.

The same rules on quarantine apply to everyone regardless of nationality and your claim that if you're a foreigner and "if you test positive at a hospital or another official source you will not be permitted home isolation" is simply untrue unless you're ineligible due to other factors such as age.

Again, if that's what your friends have told you they're simply misinformed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Topic is regarding Thailand's provincial governors to ramp up disease controls, nothing to do with Scotland or the SNP. Further off topic posts will be removed without notice.

Admin.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Fortunately for me and many others, in 'my world' people consider others and not just themselves, and they don't just say "enough" when things become slightly inconvenient for them and they reject any form of community responsibility in favour of self interest.

Bless you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

There is no inconvenience to you and your little world of “many others” when your self-controlled life money is sorted out your pending (or regular?) life cause you are a westerner old man living in a remote place cut off with the real world out there, even the Thai one. “Community responsibility “? Covid has not changed anything to you cause you are static, physically and mentally. Because of your fanatic views, but they’re yours, and fine, but what on earth do you know about human beings that you so care about? Obviously you are disconnected, completely. And how, who are you to dare saying that I or anyone else do not care ? But you do comment after comments cause you are not in the real world anymore unless someone takes your computer away. And even then, I am not sure, your case is dramatically advanced. Good night sir. Let’s leave it there for good this time, it is boring and a waste of time for both of us and I am sure everybody else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

There is no inconvenience to you and your little world of “many others” when your self-controlled life money is sorted out your pending (or regular?) life cause you are a westerner old man living in a remote place cut off with the real world out there, even the Thai one. “Community responsibility “? Covid has not changed anything to you cause you are static, physically and mentally. Because of your fanatic views, but they’re yours, and fine, but what on earth do you know about human beings that you so care about? Obviously you are disconnected, completely. And how, who are you to dare saying that I or anyone else do not care ? But you do comment after comments cause you are not in the real world anymore unless someone takes your computer away. And even then, I am not sure, your case is dramatically advanced. Good night sir. Let’s leave it there for good this time, it is boring and a waste of time for both of us and I am sure everybody else.

I'm sure that makes you feel much better 😂.

• Haha 1

Wrong Stonker in the 1st wave we had thousands daily once we got a grip on it the numbers have declined. As of 21st February 38,000 were new cases mostly Omicron with 28 deaths 28 days of a positive test as given by Coronovirus .data.Gov website hardly massive figures Stonker. I for one have never believed the true figures of deaths in Thailand for fear the PM will shoulder the blame for his failure in dealing with it, its easier to say oh there low.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vlad said:

What exactly are Therapeutics ??  Do you mean mote vaccinated like over 80% are FULLY vaccinated because that's the only way your going to get declining numbers.

Therapeutics are effective  treatment to prevent or treat a disease. We only have vaccines that don't completely prevent the infection. 

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but if that's what your friends have told you they're misinformed.

The same rules on quarantine apply to everyone regardless of nationality and your claim that if you're a foreigner and "if you test positive at a hospital or another official source you will not be permitted home isolation" is simply untrue unless you're ineligible due to other factors such as age.

Again, if that's what your friends have told you they're simply misinformed.

I am not just saying what they told me. I am saying what happened to them. They tested positive at a hospital in January and were not permitted to home isolate. Indeed a couple I know the foreigner was required to go to hospitel and the Thai stayed at home at their condo.  I tested positive at home reported it and told no need to test again just isolate at home. Mostly Non-B visas. 

I asked others for their experience. Not just what the rules are as we know the force of rules in Thailand. 

5 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Therapeutics are effective  treatment to prevent or treat a disease. We only have vaccines that don't completely prevent the infection. 

Many Millions have had there lives saved from the vaccine fact. How many would have died by now Fred without it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vlad said:

Wrong Stonker in the 1st wave we had thousands daily once we got a grip on it the numbers have declined. As of 21st February 38,000 were new cases mostly Omicron with 28 deaths 28 days of a positive test as given by Coronovirus .data.Gov website hardly massive figures Stonker. I for one have never believed the true figures of deaths in Thailand for fear the PM will shoulder the blame for his failure in dealing with it, its easier to say oh there low.

Difficult to know what you mean by "wrong" as you don't quote anything.

If you're referring to the post I think you are ...

On 2/21/2022 at 2:02 PM, Stonker said:

You mean "the same" with ten times as many people dead or suffering from Long Covid, and ten times as many still dying?

... then that's a bit of an unarguable fact, particularly with Thailand's figures supported by excess deaths and the WHO's stats.

https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/2022_02_15_tha-sitrep-223-covid-19_eng.pdf

47 minutes ago, vlad said:

Many Millions have had there lives saved from the vaccine fact. How many would have died by now Fred without it.

I don't disagree that vaccines are important, but people get covid in spite of getting vaccinated. It seem those that get covid after being vaccinated reduces the course of the disease. My point is we also need good treatment plans to deal with cases of those either vaccinated or not. Early on we thought that vaccines alone would do it, but the virus mutates. 

We need vaccines, therapeutics   and preventive measures.

2 hours ago, JJJ said:

I am not just saying what they told me. I am saying what happened to them. They tested positive at a hospital in January and were not permitted to home isolate. Indeed a couple I know the foreigner was required to go to hospitel and the Thai stayed at home at their condo.  I tested positive at home reported it and told no need to test again just isolate at home. Mostly Non-B visas. 

No, you're giving a highly edited version of "what happened to them" since you're not saying WHY they were not permitted to home isolate (and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with their visa) and concluding that's what happens to everyone.

2 hours ago, JJJ said:

Indeed a couple I know the foreigner was required to go to hospitel and the Thai stayed at home at their condo.

You're just making a causation which has no basis in reality - how do you know it was because he/she was a foreigner, and not because he/she was ineligible by age, for example, or because he/she had worse symptoms, or was pregnant, which would have applied to anyone, Thai or foreign?

Maybe it was because he was left-handed - that would be just as rational a conclusion.

Sorry, but your blanket, broad brush claim that ""if you test positive at a hospital or another official source you will not be permitted home isolation" is simply untrue - it CAN happen, regardless of whether you're a Thai or foreigner depending on the circumstances, but it seldom does as the numbers tested and subsequently hospitalised very clearly show beyond any possible doubt.

https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/2022_02_15_tha-sitrep-223-covid-19_eng.pdf

edit: I'd also be interested to know how you managed to have a PCR test "at home", not "at a hospital or another official source".