News Forum - Swedish man enjoying a beer on Pattaya Beach files police report after being slapped, threatened by Thai men

Thaiger

A Swedish man says he was attacked and threatened while he was enjoying a beer on Pattaya Beach. Apparently, one Thai man went up to him and slapped him, and then another yelled and threatened him last Friday night. The 49 year old foreigner filed a report with police 11pm that night. Officers have been looking for the two suspects and are checking surveillance camera footage in the area. According to Pattaya News, the Swedish man told police… I was chilling and sitting alone, drinking beer and relaxing on Pattaya Beach. A young Thai man approached me and immediately slapped […]

The story Swedish man enjoying a beer on Pattaya Beach files police report after being slapped, threatened by Thai men as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Are you allowed to drink a beer on Pattaya beach?  It seems to me these guys thought he couldn't and they are the Thai  people and as there were two of them apparently separate men, he probably did something. Thats the reality Pattaya or not Thai people rarely seek confrontation its just not cultural.

Edited by alex12345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

@alex12345 I tend to agree with you. Perhaps it was just about a foreigner drinking beer at the beach while everyone was not allowed. Classic misunderstanding ??

Then we will get people like the PM blaming these 2 guys for making tourists afraid to come here and that everything is safe, while his mate Anutin made everyone paranoid that every foreigner has Covid. 

46 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

Are you allowed to drink a beer on Pattaya beach?  It seems to me these guys thought he couldn't and they are the Thai  people and as there were two of them apparently separate men, he probably did something. Thats the reality Pattaya or not Thai people rarely seek confrontation its just not cultural.

40 minutes ago, CamPat said:

@alex12345 I tend to agree with you. Perhaps it was just about a foreigner drinking beer at the beach while everyone was not allowed. Classic misunderstanding ??

Also agreed - it just doesn't seem very likely or to be anything like the whole story.

Who knows -  I thought most of the beach was covered by CCTV ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

Many people drink beer on the beach, also Thai. Just take a walk past Mike shopping, there are a number of people there every afternoon at sundown enjoying a beer or two.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

Might also be a little intolerance seeping into thai culture particularly around farlung haunts.  Many thais are doing it tough in Pattaya and surrounds.

• Like 1

11 pm? Alcohol sale is prohibited after 9 pm (except in Patong, allegedly). But is it allowed to drink your own beer on the beach after 9 pm?

Another thought, suppose he hitted back? What would have happened to him?

Perhaps, the Thai lads in question don't like Farang. 🤔

Which might be hard to fathom, as everyone likes Farang - they've done everything for the world to make it perfect. 🤫

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alex12345 said:

But there is no need to resort to violence, they can just report to the police if indeed it is an offence to drink at the beach. 

• Like 2

Just now, Noble_Design said:

But there is no need to resort to violence, they can just report to the police if indeed it is an offence to drink at the beach. 

you explain that to these trouble makers and then you can better piss off because they come back with 10 more, because they never do anything alone, they to chicken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the Swedish man told police… I was chilling and sitting alone, drinking beer and relaxing on Pattaya Beach. A young Thai man approached me and immediately slapped […]

So by his own admission he was intoxicated on Pattaya Beach that's the end off story right there.

What really happened and what he believes happened after a few large bottles of Chang are most likely two different scenarios.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Is the swed smoker, perhaps?

How many smoker relax with a bear but without a cigarette?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Travisa said:

Hmmm. Out at night, on the beach, drinking alcohol, then gets bitch-slapped.  And creating more waves by reporting it to police.  Really???

Dude gets assaulted and he's "making waves"? Seriously.

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

So by his own admission he was intoxicated on Pattaya Beach that's the end off story right there.

What really happened and what he believes happened after a few large bottles of Chang are most likely two different scenarios.

Where does it say he was intoxicated?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

Yeah, I'm not saying it couldn't have happened the way he says, but TWO people he didn't know or interact with randomly approach him and confront him for no reason? 

I've had my share of interactions with solo crazies (outside of Thailand) but two crazy people rarely are organized enough to work in tandem.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Das said:

Where does it say he was intoxicated?

1. Where does it say he wasn't intoxicated?.

2. If you'd lived in Pattaya as long as me you'd know Pattaya Beach at night is the last resort a very common haunt for alcoholic Falang. 

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Also agreed - it just doesn't seem very likely or to be anything like the whole story.

Say what?! Why don't you claim to arrest somebody immediately and sentence to a sex reassignment surgery, like you always do based on first impression? Now the story is not enough for you to judge? Need more evidences? 

Be consistent and uncompromisingness or just admit that you are russian swedish biased 😆

Edited by 1l1
grammar

A young Thai Jealous cos a farang was sitting on the beach with a beer and the thai couldnt afford 1 more likely.  Lone farang easy target for these louts. Same outcome wont be found not enough evidence. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Then we will get people like the PM blaming these 2 guys for making tourists afraid to come here and that everything is safe, while his mate Anutin made everyone paranoid that every foreigner has Covid. 

Not every one but 45 percent of Russian were last month so to be fair he was not wrong was he 

he put rules out , they abused now no entry at all 

do u blame them . I would of said and done the same 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Say what?! Why don't you claim to arrest somebody immediately and sentence to a sex reassignment surgery, like you always do based on first impression? Now the story is not enough for you to judge? Need more evidences? 

Be consistent and uncompromisingness or just admit that you are russian swedish biased 😆

Hmmm, arrest w sentence of sex reassignment surgery ! Now that's an idea I haven't heard before 😃

• Haha 2