Entering without a visa and duration of stay longer than 30 days

HolyCowCm

What is the current status of entering without a visa and being able to stay after 30 days on arrival are up? Will there be another Covid extension of 60 days granted? This is in regards to the T&G program and entering before the 15th but wanting to stay several months. Not for me as I am already here and probably never leaving ever again unless things lossen up.

My guess is there will be at least another 30 days and then after that another 30 days allowed since entered with a PASS, but hard to see the future so would like to get some input from folk who have entered this way. I seriously can't see them making everyone leave or try to tap a toe outside and be subject to signing up for a Cat litterbox.

Hi HCC,

Your officially entitled to extend your stay by a further 30 days from a 30 day VE entry = 60 days.

After those 60 days your at the mercy of Immigration extending the 60 day Covid extension application periods. Although not guaranteed, IMO it's almost certain that they are likely to continue to offer and extend the periods of application for 60 day Covid extensions until such time land borders are open, in particular Lao.

There are currently possibly hundreds of foreigners married to Thais who previously obtained the Non O ME Visas from the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet in order to stay in Thailand and since borders closed have relied on the 60 day Covid extensions to remain. There homes and lives are in Thailand and it's impossible for them to renew these Visas until land borders reopen.

Certain Immigration offices may insist you apply for and use that 30 day extension entitlement before issuing the 60 day Covid extension, whilst others are willing to immediately issue the 60 day Covid extensions.

Hi Faz. My main concern is that the Imm don't trap them up at entry on the 14th and tell them they have no visa as there is no granted on arrival 30 days. Only connection they have here is me is them being close long time high school friends of mine and knowing my family.

So if there are no problems getting a 30 day on arrival without any type of visa coming in but under the T&G program, and then being able to extend another 30 days then + 60 days with Covid extension, then there is absoulutley no problem. 30 + 30 + 60 or 30 + 60 is all good to go for them. All the other hoops they are approved on.

If they choose to do the extension in CM then who knows. Before Covid IMM would seem to plainly just give 7 days on the original 30 and then want you to do a border run or just get out.

I have been watching out over them on their progress of trying to take a holiday here getting everything completed, so I feel sort of like a mother hen. Good thing is once the new variant settles down in a couple to few weeks then I will take a travel around with them which I am looking forward to as having some actual freedom and quality fun time away from the family for a week here and then a week there.

Thanks for the answer - Cheers!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Hi Faz. My main concern is that the Imm don't trap them up at entry on the 14th and tell them they have no visa as there is no granted on arrival 30 days. Only connection they have here is me is them being close long time high school friends of mine and knowing my family.

So if there are no problems getting a 30 day on arrival without any type of visa coming in but under the T&G program, and then being able to extend another 30 days then + 60 days with Covid extension, then there is absoulutley no problem. 30 + 30 + 60 or 30 + 60 is all good to go for them. All the other hoops they are approved on.

I don't understand that.

When did you enter Thailand and what Visa did you enter on, or did you enter VE.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faz said:

I don't understand that.

When did you enter Thailand and what Visa did you enter on, or did you enter VE.

Not me as it is my friends who will be coming in tomorrow. 30 day exempt on arrival is how they will do it and then they want to stay for a few months. For me I am on an O for a long long long time now. 

• Like 1

Yes, he can apply for a 30 day extension, then further 60 day Covid extensions provided they are still available. The current expiry date for Covid extensions is Jan 25th, but it will almost certainly be extended to the end of March.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Faz said:

Yes, he can apply for a 30 day extension, then further 60 day Covid extensions provided they are still available. The current expiry date for Covid extensions is Jan 25th, but it will almost certainly be extended to the end of March.

Got it and would think the same that the Covid extension must be extended once again. I am so very happy to have my friends visit me after these last 2 Covid years of quiet. 

• Like 1

Somewhat off topic but related question:

I came in with a (Test and Go) Visa on Arrival. (I'm not sure what the acronym for that is). 

Tested positive for covid on day 11 here (yay me). I'll quarantine for 14 days and when finished my visa is only valid for about 5 days after. 

What (and where in Bangkok) is the best way for me to extend a "visa on arrival"?  I am hoping I only need 7 (but could need 30) days to reschedule meeting with the Thai Adoption Board (here to adopt a child) and the US Embassy.  Also hoping I didn't royally screw myself by not getting a visa through the Thai Embassy originally. 

And, if/when they come out with extensions after Jan 25 are any of them automatic anymore (Like in 2020)? Or do they all need to be extended in person? I remember early covid people got permission to overstay automatically. 

Edited by Going.GLobal
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Going.GLobal said:

I came in with a (Test and Go) Visa on Arrival. (I'm not sure what the acronym for that is). 

I believe you entered without a Visa, known as Visa exempt, not Visa on arrival and were permitted to stay for 30 days. You can extend your stay for a further 30 days at the Muang Thong Thani Immigration office in Bangkok. Cost 1,900 baht.
https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/home_en/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Faz said:

I believe you entered without a Visa, known as Visa exempt, not Visa on arrival and were permitted to stay for 30 days. You can extend your stay for a further 30 days at the Muang Thong Thani Immigration office in Bangkok. Cost 1,900 baht.
https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/home_en/

Thank you. Very much appreciated and resourceful.  Once we clear this 14 day Covid+ Home Quarantine, we will head up there.   I think I have about 1-2 days where I am cleared to go outside again and VE expires. (Hoping they don't shut everything down again by then).

Do we need to bring passport photos? Or can I assume they just take our photo/fingerprints like at BKK immigration? 

• Like 1

Just got my extension a couple days ago.

Came in on a 30-day Visa on Arrival (VoA) and applied for extension.

You HAVE TO go Muang Thong Thani for the extensions, if you are applying in Bangkok.

Anyway, 30 days was automatically given, and 60 days due to Covid extension was straightaway rejected (as I hadn’t used my 30 day extension yet).

The 60 day Covid extension is available up to the 25th Jan … but hoping it gets extended again, as borders still closed for all places I want to go next!

I noted that a lot of people who have been here 1-2 years due to Covid, were being told that they might not got any further extensions. I was pretty surprised by that, as borders are still pretty much shut tight.

You need bring your own passport photo, TM7 form, and photocopies of: your passport photo page and facing page, your visa stamp page, and your white exit card (front and back I was told, but I only did front and it was ok).

Edited by PLoNiaLMoNi
  • Like 1