News Forum - 6 European tourists found who disappeared after positive Covid-19 test

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

About time the Police actually charged these idiots and the courts jailed them for 6 months, fined them 100,000THB and stamped their passports " never to return ". 

6 months in jail? So they can spread the new variant or maybe catch Covid again? And the courts won’t jail them because they don’t jail their own citizens for the same offenses. Plus it’s bad for the almighty tourism business… 

And why does the hospital that took 3 days to return test results get off scott free? And the govt department responsible for monitoring the efficiency of the quarantine & testing systems? 
This situation clearly shows a failure to implement, monitor and adjust a system that adequately protects tourists and nationals alike from a potential health crisis. These 6 people are at fault but they are not the only party at fault in this fiasco. The government and subsequent media efforts have chosen to ignore shortcomings in their own processes and deflect all blame onto these tourists by portraying them as reckless people. The real challenge is how to stop this scenario occurring again because it will happen again as it has happened twice already that we are aware of. 

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And why does the hospital that took 3 days to return test results get off scott free?

Perhaps b/c the tourists, so many of 'em, on the Island are the reason for the jam in tests and results?

You not hele, you no ploblem;-)

Edited by Guest1

If you do not make it painful for these 6, others will do it.  so, put them in the Thailand prison for a few days.  Does not matter if they are a man or woman...or if America, and "it, or they or them or fairy or what".

17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

If you do not make it painful for these 6, others will do it.  so, put them in the Thailand prison for a few days.  Does not matter if they are a man or woman...or if America, and "it, or they or them or fairy or what".

Chill out Charlie. My customer was told he was ok to go. He checked in on the 30th and was still with us on the 6th till the hospital took him away to be tested. At no point did he escape or leave . he has done nothing wrong as the not informed would have you believe. He is still in quarantine and has not been told what if anything he has. The fault lies entirely with the system , not with the tourists.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Two French tourists, two Polish tourists, a Swiss tourist and a Norwegian tourist walks into a bar. The bartender says:

The bartender says "this is now a restaurant. Do you want a short time or long time meal with your drink?" 

• Haha 3

There is covid viruses everywhere and the guy that invented the test said it was overnagnified so now we have a I strange hospital game to play . Imagine taking z test to find out if your sick .wouldn't you know if your sick if you felt sick pure absurdity this whole world is in . All of this is ridiculous. And then they don't want to talk Bout natural immunity antibodies duuuuuuuhhhh!

• Like 1

Imagine taking z test to find out if your sick .wouldn't you know if your sick if you felt sick pure absurdity this whole world is in .

Not absurd at all.

You may not feel sick, even though you are, or you may feel sick, but don't know what it is.

13 hours ago, Chaz said:

Because most of us like to live life and not be suckered into the scam that this pretend pandemic is. The last real Pandemic killed about 2,7% of the world's population, at the time about 1.8 billion people, over 50 million got the flu, whole families wiped out. This Influenza has taken just over 5 million in two years. So I think it's more in line with the seasonal flu, which for some reason has disappeared for the last two years, why is that hey?? Dying with Covid is different to actually dying of covid. Notice they never tell us how many pass away from covid alone?? 

I think 5 million dead is quite a number.

And, erm, no - the flu has not disappeared, where did you get that 'info' from? lulz

13 hours ago, Chaz said:

I have the Thaichana app on my phone, most of the time it never works or the AIS Network is so pathetic it comes up with " No Internet Connection ". 

Hmm my AIS works good up in CNX i got the 200bt unlimited and stream hours on my hotspot to tv daily to my chromecast..