News Forum - Have a Test & Go QR code to enter Thailand? Read this.

Thaiger

Details emerging from last Friday’s deliberations by the CCSA have now been published in the Royal Gazette, enacting them into law. Missing from the published guidelines about changes to the Thailand Pass, is any reference to a cut-off date which was both stated and then published by government representatives on Friday following a meeting of the CCSA. Speaking to the deputy representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday, the spokesperson told The Thaiger… “The date was shown through a PowerPoint presentation that was used in the CCSA meeting. It was actually a proposal only for discussion in the meeting, […]

The story Have a Test & Go QR code to enter Thailand? Read this. as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

As for arrivals after 15 January for those with Thailand Pass QR codes already, this will be assessed and announced in due course.”

In other words, it’s all on you. No risk it, no biscuit!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

As for arrivals after 15 January for those with Thailand Pass QR codes already, this will be assessed and announced in due course.”

In other words, it’s all on you. No risk it, no biscuit!  

wouldn't be surprised with the cases going up, they will put a cut off date swiftly and immediately leaving those in the air sent back home on arrival.  you heard it here first....

• Like 2

IC so I lost my booked ticket  from january 23 to Bangkok  - very nice  and I am not going to 7 days quearantaine and you spend 1000 USD before your holiday can begin --  better stay home  - there is other place where the message are not so confusing-  one day this and next day different ,    they simply dont have the brain   - but stil act arrogrant. .    so the country needs to sink deeper.  and the BAHT must be hit harder. . 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

IC so I lost my booked ticket  from january 23 to Bangkok  - very nice  and I am not going to 7 days quearantaine and you spend 1000 USD before your holiday can begin --  better stay home  - there is other place where the message are not so confusing-  one day this and next day different ,    they simply dont have the brain   - but stil act arrogrant. .    so the country needs to sink deeper.  and the BAHT must be hit harder. . 

agreed, once the baht gets hit harder maybe they will decide to ease up

• Like 1

I was surprised they reversed the decision on the sandbox places. but I'm happy they did!! Although it'/ s a government's prerogative to change their mind. Very happy for those who got approval under Test and Go. 

Unfortunately FB forums on the test and go admissions post 15/1 are rubbishing the Thaiger's quoted comments from the Government . As for arrivals after 15 January for those with Thailand Pass QR codes already, this will be assessed and announced in due course.”  . This to me is not a green light or any kind of certainty for those who have booked to arrive post 15/1 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Unfortunately FB forums on the test and go admissions post 15/1 are rubbishing the Thaiger's quoted comments from the Government . As for arrivals after 15 January for those with Thailand Pass QR codes already, this will be assessed and announced in due course.”  . This to me is not a green light or any kind of certainty for those who have booked to arrive post 15/1 

On 1/15, Anutin will come out and say no more entry for farang!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Understandable concerns, @StevieB, especially for those affected by these info conflicts. And your debut post too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

Panic mode on Friday when cutoff date was published in the press. Öne family member (Thai) called the embassy to ask what to do with a planned arrival on 19. Bookings done beginning December and ThaiPass granted Dec 7. Recommendation: rebook, embassy staff will fix ThaiPass. Call to Thai Airways, they already know about the deluge, first question: do you want to cancel. No, we rebook now to Jan 12 (only remaining flight before cutoff), hotel can accomodate too, send email with details to embassy, Saturday morning embassy at work and confirms new qr code. At the same time I read here in the forums a posted note from Thai embassy in The Hague  Netherlands: cutoff rescinded, i.o.w. it had been official for a few hours. Luckily no extra costs, but could have turned out very nasty, the family member had fixed obligations to attend

• Like 2

Hallo, 

holding a Thailand Pass TEST & Go, which was issued by Thai Embassy in Berlin on Dec., 17th (therefore still valid) I have following question : is my routing FRA-BKK-HKT (with a transit of 2 hrs at Suvarnaphumi) o. k.,..?.. as with Sandbox Phuket my first destination in Thailand must be HKT..? but with TEST & GO BKK to Phuket will be accepted..?? 

kind regards

Hans, Düsseldorf, Germany 

21 hours ago, Joachim said:

Hallo, 

holding a Thailand Pass TEST & Go, which was issued by Thai Embassy in Berlin on Dec., 17th (therefore still valid) I have following question : is my routing FRA-BKK-HKT (with a transit of 2 hrs at Suvarnaphumi) o. k.,..?.. as with Sandbox Phuket my first destination in Thailand must be HKT..? but with TEST & GO BKK to Phuket will be accepted..?? 

kind regards

Hans, Düsseldorf, Germany 

Not possible.
You have to fly FRAHKT directly, no transit in BKK (that never was possible for a "test & go" or SHA+ Phuket.
I think you will have to go in quarantaine in BKK.
Thai airways warns you of this if you buy a ticket with them (even before 177 December). I don't know if Lufthansa warned you.

8 hours ago, yasar said:
European people's annual holidays are mostly one week, and they do not want a Thailand holiday that will pass in quarantine.

Regard it as seven days meditation of increased conciousness😌........

5 hours ago, Alavan said:

Not possible.
You have to fly FRAHKT directly, no transit in BKK (that never was possible for a "test & go" or SHA+ Phuket.
I think you will have to go in quarantaine in BKK.
Thai airways warns you of this if you buy a ticket with them (even before 177 December). I don't know if Lufthansa warned you.

thks Alavan... then it was maybe wrong to issue the Thailand Pass TEST & GO for me, as the documents sent to the embassy should not have been accepted .. 

1. I had sent them my prepaid PCR-Test and 1 quarantaine - night... both in Phuket - - o. k.! 

2. sent them my confirmed ticket FRA-BKK-HKT which requires a transit stop in Bangkok — not o. k.!!! apparently they overlooked that and (unfortunately) gave me the T. P. - test & go.... no one warned me... 

but my boarding was refused 2 days ago.... surely for the reason you just mentioned...

who is to blame now..?? 

22 minutes ago, Joachim said:

thks Alavan... then it was maybe wrong to issue the Thailand Pass TEST & GO for me, as the documents sent to the embassy should not have been accepted .. 

1. I had sent them my prepaid PCR-Test and 1 quarantaine - night... both in Phuket - - o. k.! 

2. sent them my confirmed ticket FRA-BKK-HKT which requires a transit stop in Bangkok — not o. k.!!! apparently they overlooked that and (unfortunately) gave me the T. P. - test & go.... no one warned me... 

but my boarding was refused 2 days ago.... surely for the reason you just mentioned...

who is to blame now..?? 

Thai Airways has some direct flights FRAHKT. Maybe they will accept a change?

good idea... but still fighting with LH for a new ticket... as they refused my boarding... will keep you informed about the result.. 

Normally I fly Thai Airways. But in November I flew Singapore Air. Brussels-Frankfurt-Singapore-Phuket, as that way I avoided quarantaine in BKK and could stay at a hotel in Phuket waiting for test result.

re my earlier post, the Thai family member did travel just fine, even arrived 70mins earlier due to helpful hand of the jet stream, and her first entry pcr test returned negative, eg now free to roam the roads of Bangkok while waiting family pickup tomorrow.

But

Arrival was 6am BKK time, hotel was aware of the early arrival, and per Test-and-Go procedure did pick their guest up as advised.

Issue 1:  at checkin they suddenly want an extra early-checkin fee, but they never adivsed us of this. I wonder what would have happened if guest says they will stay in lobby until regular checkin time after having pcr test taken.

Issue 2:  this is a government aproved SHA+ site, but the have no own restaurant facility. It was not communicated during booking that the guest needs to purchase their own meals from outside and have them delivered to their room while in lockdown pending pcr test result.