News Forum - 69 provinces now “orange” zones with ban on alcohol sales at restaurants

Thaiger

Restrictions are tightening in a number of provinces. Thailand’s Covid-19 task force revised its colour-coded zoning based on local infection rates and decided to classify 69 of Thailand’s 77 provinces as “orange” zones under tight control to curb the spread of Covid-19. The new zoning goes into effect on Sunday. The other provinces will remain classified as “blue” zone provinces, which are approved for pilot tourism programmes, are remaining the same. Blue zones include Bangkok, Chon Buri, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, and Phuket. Alcohol sales at restaurants in “orange” zones are prohibited while in “blue” zones restaurants can serve […]

The story 69 provinces now “orange” zones with ban on alcohol sales at restaurants as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Way beyond farcical - the "blue" zones (Bangkok, Phuket, Chonburi) are the worst affected by Covid, with the most Covid cases!

But which the most test and go tourists go to  ….. obviously biggest brown envelopes come from there, especially now the RTP are nearly broke!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Let me see if I have this straight... end test-and-go indefinitely, add more provinces to the "orange zone" (that can't serve alcohol), then add more "sandbox schemes" to select provinces (Phang Nga, etc.) beginning 11 Jan., and now allow bars/clubs in "blue zones" to open as "restaurants". I can't be sure if they are trying to increase infections or reduce them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I can't be sure if they are trying to increase infections or reduce them. 

They have a cunning plan ….…..

…… 

PM: Ah, yes — a drawback. Yes… Perhaps we need something a little more cunning.

DEPUTY PM: I have a cunning plan.

PM: Yes, perhaps, but I think I may have a more cunning one.

DEPUTY PM: Well, mine’s pretty cunning, My PM.

PM: Yes, but not cunning enough, I imagine.

DEPUTY PM: Well, that depends how cunning you mean, My PM.

PM: Well, pretty damn cunning. How cunning do you think I mean?

DEPUTY PM: Well, mine’s quite cunning, My PM.

PM: (fed up) Alright, then, let’s hear it! Let’s hear what’s so damn cunning!

DEPUTY PM: Right, well, first of all, you get all the tourists to come to Thailand …..

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

classify 69 of Thailand’s 77 provinces as “orange” zones

less apeeling then .. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The other provinces will remain classified as “blue”

More colours than Joseph's coat of many .. 

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i have seen this movie. 

Maybe the tenth time you have seen it? It must be an excellent one, can’t wait to see how many academy awards it receives this year! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I bet it ends it tears?

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe the tenth time you have seen it? It must be an excellent one, can’t wait to see how many academy awards it receives this year! 

i'm making my own film, "Unvaccinated Hun Hin Girls Gone Wild". 

i'm doing the casting now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

They have a cunning plan ….…..

…… 

PM: Ah, yes — a drawback. Yes… Perhaps we need something a little more cunning.

DEPUTY PM: I have a cunning plan.

PM: Yes, perhaps, but I think I may have a more cunning one.

DEPUTY PM: Well, mine’s pretty cunning, My PM.

PM: Yes, but not cunning enough, I imagine.

DEPUTY PM: Well, that depends how cunning you mean, My PM.

PM: Well, pretty damn cunning. How cunning do you think I mean?

DEPUTY PM: Well, mine’s quite cunning, My PM.

PM: (fed up) Alright, then, let’s hear it! Let’s hear what’s so damn cunning!

DEPUTY PM: Right, well, first of all, you get all the tourists to come to Thailand …..

My sides are still aching . . . POTD contender, for sure 🤣!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I can't be sure if they are trying to increase infections or reduce

They did not decide yet. Still counting envelopes coming in

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

A Weinstein production?

• Haha 3

Due to arrive on the 16th :( My thailand pass was authorised,  but was due to fly into Bangkok, hotel booked in Bangkok, PCR test booked in Bangkok, not sure how this is going to pan out with no one answering emails or the phones..  

i saw photos of "covid free" celebrations in bars and pubs in Pattaya last week, even their own officials said that it was unacceptable, and yet again Chonburi is a blue zone

So let me see if I can wrap my head around this!  Banglamung,  which is where the daily infections are climbing faster and higher than anywhere , where the large crowds gathered to drink and eat and party through Dec, not just New Years, will remain open to sale alcohol at restaurants and the (not officially  open) bars until 21:00 ,and allowing the petri dish to remain open,  is the plan to curb the spread?  But other province's where its growing but not like Banglamung,  will not be allowed to serve alcohol?  Am I understanding  this correctly?  Does anyone else see this as the counter productive way to slow covid?  My math says. Banglamung equals Gasoline, Chonburi equals Fire... explosion.   Orange zones are gasoline in a sealed container.  I cant see the logic in allowing the higher danger areas where its definitely rising  exponentially to remain open, and other province's wheres its not exploding  to have tighter restrictions.   Unless its because  its only tourist  areas that are exploding  and who cares about them.  So lets close up the area where its local nationals are and protect them situation!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SeanP said:

Due to arrive on the 16th :( My thailand pass was authorised,  but was due to fly into Bangkok, hotel booked in Bangkok, PCR test booked in Bangkok, not sure how this is going to pan out with no one answering emails or the phones..  

Better get here by the 10th

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Good idea.  Franchise to Pattaya 

Edited by Lifeboat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Good news for the daytime drinkers. In bed by 9pm.

Yeah!  That didn't  happen before, nor will it happen again.  I mean people following  the policy.

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

Let me see if I have this straight... end test-and-go indefinitely, add more provinces to the "orange zone" (that can't serve alcohol), then add more "sandbox schemes" to select provinces (Phang Nga, etc.) beginning 11 Jan., and now allow bars/clubs in "blue zones" to open as "restaurants". I can't be sure if they are trying to increase infections or reduce them. 

Cointer productive sounding isnt it?

• Like 1