News Forum - Phuket governor vows to iron out issues with sandbox requirements

Thaiger

The governor of Phuket has pledged to sort out a number of issues with the island’s sandbox scheme as infection rates continue to rise. According to a Bangkok Post report, Narong Woosiew says the matters identified will lead to improvements, adding that he will soon introduce “Phuket Sandbox Version 2“. “Currently, the local economy is doing well due to the increasing number of tourists. I want residents, business operators, and all stakeholders to keep following Covid-19 measures. If we can do that, we will get through this crisis together.” Narong’s deputy, Pichate Panaphong, says there are currently 4 problems with […]

The story Phuket governor vows to iron out issues with sandbox requirements as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe change the Thailand Pass to only be granted if insurance companies will pay out on all of this.. instead of charging for yet another insurance..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Pichate Panaphong, says there are currently 4 problems

• how long it’s taking to approve Thailand Pass applications
  • not enough PCR testing labs
  • aren’t enough hotel isolation facilities 
  • issue is with the insurance policies travellers take out prior to arriving

But maybe blame the 5th one, that tourists are arriving …. 

• Cool 1

I believe they will eventually have across the board hotel isolation for most positive cases

That may be wishful thinking

But I think they will get pressure from hotels to allow it and of course, tourists want it

Just my thought, I could be 100% wrong!

How many times can they shoot themselves in the foot 🤔 where about to find out 😝 whenever I hear a solution that involves insurance... it rarely ends well. Premium increases in 3... 2... 1...

After calling the Thailand pass hot line, waiting on hold for over an hour the agent in Bangkok said “you have to talk to Phuket” 40 minutes later when the Phuket hotline answered none of my questions could be addressed. All I got out of them was “I think it’s OK and some laughter “ right now including air fare I’m in for $2100 usd. For my first week. Let’s see how many tourists are going to  go for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, remo940 said:

After calling the Thailand pass hot line, waiting on hold for over an hour the agent in Bangkok said “you have to talk to Phuket” 40 minutes later when the Phuket hotline answered none of my questions could be addressed. All I got out of them was “I think it’s OK and some laughter “ right now including air fare I’m in for $2100 usd. For my first week. Let’s see how many tourists are going to  go for that.

TiT . . . a seemingly flippant response, @remo940, I admit, but your shameful hot-line experience more than embodies those 3 letters, especially the 'laughter' included feature. Thailand, top-to-bottom, is sadly becoming a laughable joke on the world stage.

• Like 2

Finally, the fourth issue is with the insurance policies travellers take out prior to arriving. As many won’t cover patients who only have mild – or no – symptoms, Pichate says the government should require foreign arrivals to also take out local insurance.

Actually, two issues with certain Insurance policies.
1. Some only cover treatment of Covid, not isolation when tested positive but asymptomatic.
2. Some have a 14 day 'exemption' clause of submitting a claim from the date of inception, which is usually the date of arrival.

Travellers beware ....... check the conditions before purchase.