News Forum - Thursday Covid Update: 5,775 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

11 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 21,780 with 21,686 of those fatalities during the latest wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 5,775 new Covid-19 cases and 2,673 recoveries. There are now 37,968 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 77 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start […]

The story Thursday Covid Update: 5,775 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And the never ending stream of fear mongering propaganda is in overdrive. 

Set to destroy another round of people's lives, livelihood and health in the millions, again. 

Pure tyranny and insanity without a shred of objectivity or common sense. 

29 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Set to destroy another round of people's lives, livelihood and health in the millions, again. 

This article is 5 months shy of 1 year but it touches on what I believe you eluded too! 
The cure in all that it encompasses  is worse then the virus! 
Originally the spread of the infection and flattening the spread was the ultimate goal! How to achieve that has many experts ,law makers at odds with each other!  Now it’s been 2 years! On and on in search of a treatment that almost everyone can agree to! 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/cure-worse-disease-hidden-harms-covid-19-lockdowns/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

I share some of your frustration. I feel if the majority of people in a country have been vaccinated then Omicron won’t result in a high mortality rate. However, I wonder why you say “without a shred of objectivity or common sense”?  Some restriction do need to be in place don’t they?  We still do need to try and limit even the infection rate surely? Not because it will kill a large amount of people (although you could argue even one unnecessary death is too much?) but because such potential high case numbers such as in France and UK start to impact on other aspects of life as people need to take time off work. Train services, Factory output, Teachers, Doctors & Nurses, Farmers, Postal workers, Airline Crew etc etc. 

So while I agree with the sentiment and frustration and at times myself feel it’s time to let rip and get this thing over with, those responsible do need to make decisions with what I’ve said in mind. What they shouldn’t do is knee-jerk and have everyone checking temperatures in Hazmat suits and closing down businesses and the whole country to the outside world. Simple restrictions and keeping high risk venues like bars and nightclubs closed, wearing face masks and washing hands. That’s all that is required.  

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I share some of your frustration. I feel if the majority of people in a country have been vaccinated then Omicron won’t result in a high mortality rate. However, I wonder why you say “without a shred of objectivity or common sense”?  Some restriction do need to be in place don’t they?  We still do need to try and limit even the infection rate surely? Not because it will kill a large amount of people (although you could argue even one unnecessary death is too much?) but because such potential high case numbers such as in France and UK start to impact on other aspects of life as people need to take time off work. Train services, Factory output, Teachers, Doctors & Nurses, Farmers, Postal workers, Airline Crew etc etc. 

So while I agree with the sentiment and frustration and at times myself feel it’s time to let rip and get this thing over with, those responsible do need to make decisions with what I’ve said in mind. What they shouldn’t do is knee-jerk and have everyone checking temperatures in Hazmat suits and closing down businesses and the whole country to the outside world. Simple restrictions and keeping high risk venues like bars and nightclubs closed, wearing face masks and washing hands. That’s all that is required.  

I feel we need to give it time to pan out. Then it's time to reassess. High risk venues should be the last to open.

• Like 2

I haven’t been vaccinated.

I have friends who have had 2 or 3 doses and still got infected.

Another friend unvaccinated his whole family are down with it. He said the first night was the worst, not too much of a headache but he felt like his eyes were going to pop out. Plenty of anti inflammatories and he was grand just very weak.

As other people have mentioned I think we are just going to have to deal with it, I think our bodies will eventually become immune to it. But I’m no scientist the same as most governments telling everyone what to do.

• Thanks 1

Philly I am double vaxxed and boosted but i still got infected just last week and i have just ended Isolation. Omicron or any Covid strain don't pick on Diff people some will get infected others wont i don't know who infected me it could have been a family member or a person i was in close proximity over Christmas i never had any Symptoms and was unaware until i did a home test kit. Without this i could of infected many as Omicron can rip through in days not weeks. So what i am saying is test test test its a nuisance but at least you have security knowing your clear or you can be carrying it without your knowledge. 

• Thanks 1