Honda City Off Road

Noble_Design

Saw this parked at a shop on the way from Pattaya travelling on Sukhumvit road and entering the Motorway. My wife told me she read from FB that the owner modified/converted this Honda City for off road use.

But the catch is this car can't turn its steering that much because the oversized tires tend to get stuck on the car's wheel arches if the wheels try to steer. So me and my wife were left scratching our heads thinking why would he spend so much converting a FWD eco car into a 4x4 off roader that can hardly steer? For that kind of money he could have gotten himself a used but proper 4x4 pickup. I guess he must have love that City so much.

I didn't stop to check if he indeed managed to install a live rear axle, but if he did he must had one heck of a mechanic considering how hard it is to put a rear axle on such a small car:

1641452231302.thumb.jpg.e5fb571e85a3f316b93278018d05ed3f.jpg

• Cool 1

^ that's Transam's new ride 🤓 no way he'd get a live rear axle under that and I doubt it was a serious attempt to go off-road.

Highly illegal wheel/tyre fitment .... only in Thailand!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 12:10 AM, Noble_Design said:

Saw this parked at a shop on the way from Pattaya travelling on Sukhumvit road and entering the Motorway. My wife told me she read from FB that the owner modified/converted this Honda City for off road use.

But the catch is this car can't turn its steering that much because the oversized tires tend to get stuck on the car's wheel arches if the wheels try to steer. So me and my wife were left scratching our heads thinking why would he spend so much converting a FWD eco car into a 4x4 off roader that can hardly steer? For that kind of money he could have gotten himself a used but proper 4x4 pickup. I guess he must have love that City so much.

I didn't stop to check if he indeed managed to install a live rear axle, but if he did he must had one heck of a mechanic considering how hard it is to put a rear axle on such a small car:

1641452231302.thumb.jpg.e5fb571e85a3f316b93278018d05ed3f.jpg

Yeah, needs a lift kit and flared fenders. But I think its for looks, and it works! Looks bad aชช, but I'd prefer to steer :-)