News Forum - Dr Yong: Omicron spike imminent, get booster to end pandemic

Thaiger

Dr Yong Poovorawan, the chief of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University and Thailand’s top virologist authority, advised the people of Thailand to expect a dramatic increase in Covid-19 in Thailand, especially of the highly transmissible Omicron variant. His view is similar to that of Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul, who said New Year’s carelessness is bringing an expected rise in Covid-19 infections. Yong posted to his Facebook page today that the variant spreads very easily especially during the New Year’s holiday where many people are travelling and out in […]

The story Dr Yong: Omicron spike imminent, get booster to end pandemic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Two vaccines didn't end it. In many countries 3 didn't end it. Monthly vaccines incoming?

I won't take a booster after the side effects I got from 2 pfizers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mediagator said:

Two vaccines didn't end it. In many countries 3 didn't end it. Monthly vaccines incoming?

I won't take a booster after the side effects I got from 2 pfizers.

Fair comment.

Suggest that you self isolate if you don't want to chance the effects of Covid infection.  

If you don't mind picking up (hopefully) Omicron and strengthening your immunity - go for it.

• Like 3

Coming from a country that came close to eliminating Covid and has 60,000 plus cases today and is rocketing up the worldometer chart, can I say.....get vaccinated...get the booster as soon as you are eligible to. you might want to buy some rapid antigen tests at the local Family Mart or 7 eleven, just so you can tell whether or not you have Covid. If you have symptoms...particularly a sore throat, use the antigen test. don't line up for a PCR Test, because the demand for PCR tests is about to rise dramatically. If a rapid antigen test is positive, you are more than likely to have Covid, so isolate. The difficulty is that a rapid antigen test, doesn't tell you whether it's Delta or Omicron. If your symptoms get worse than mild symptoms....call emergency and get hospital treatment as it's more than likely Delta. If your symptoms remain mild, it is more than likely Omicron. Omicron spreads quickly, but my feeling is that it might just be the last gasp of Covid. good luck to Thailand.

• Like 1

“Hey, let’s move at the speed of our most maladjusted and anxiety-raddled members, and indulge their every phobia, maladaption, and night terror !”   said no society that was not in the throes of eating itself.
Ever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Get booster to end pandemic.  Thought the original vax was supposed to end pandemic.  And since the vax stops working after 3 months, this means 4 shots a year for life.  And since 99.9% of people have zero reason to get vaxxed (other than to protect those people who already have a foot in the grave), this "Doctor" is a "moron."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

How about clean up the news channels and everyone telling them what to say and end the 'pandemic'? 

The experts ,scientists  never got rid of a simple flu virus what makes people think its gonna happen with the china 🦠  .The spread continues ! Live with it and wait for a reasonable batch of treatments that the fear mongers  approve without being censored! 

• Like 3

If you dont want to get a vaccine then dont get one.

Enjoy your hospitalisation and remember to tell those quacks "None of this new fangled, untested snake oil covid treatment for me".

After all while facing your imminent departure principles still matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

The experts ,scientists  never got rid of a simple flu virus what makes people think its gonna happen with the china 🦠  .The spread continues ! Live with it and wait for a reasonable batch of treatments that the fear mongers  approve without being censored! 

None of the treatments other than Pfizer etc. will be able to make the news in a positive way. 

I wonder why... 

• Like 2

Let’s review the facts. Bad virus enters world. Vaccine is developed. Government demands everyone get the vaccines, saying it will stop the virus.

however, vaccinated people can still get the virus (fact). Vaccinated people can still spread the virus (fact). 
Vaccinated people can still die from the virus (fact).

omicron was brought to Thailand by fully vaccinated people (fact).

stop falling for the lie. Snake oil made lots of money for the salesman. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Enjoy your hospitalisation and remember to tell those quacks "None of this new fangled, untested snake oil covid treatment for me".

Your a little over the top. Most Covid cases are mild and result in nothing. Some have severe symptoms but that is the case with all upper respiratory ailments. Stop the hyperbole and use your head to really think through the past two years.

Edited by Wormwood
Typo
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Wormwood said:

Your a little over the top. Most Covid cases are mild and result in nothing. Some have severe symptoms but that is the case with all upper respiratory ailments. Stop the hyperbole and use your head to really think through the past two years.

Its not hyperbole to say the majority of hospitalisations are the unvaccinated. So yeah mild cases for the vaccinated.

For the tinfoil hat brigade not so much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Its not hyperbole to say the majority of hospitalisations are the unvaccinated. So yeah mild cases for the vaccinated.

For the tinfoil hat brigade not so much.

Hospitalization are not a unvaccinated problem. Sorry most hospitalizations are due to overweight, poor general health, and preexisting conditions. A fact well documented. The talking point that unvaccinated people are the ones in the hospital is pure bunk. 
there is real data out there on these subjects. The CDC has much of this information as well as other government reporting agencies. It is not some secret conspiracy information on the dark web. You just have to know how to look and research a little for yourself rather then being spoon fed a line of crap. No offense intended. But I am tied of being made out the idiot just because I know how to read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I can agree to this, can we all agree to this?  Those that want it, get it.  Those that dont, dont.  

Now we are agreed, can we just go back to 2019 and live our lives? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kmc said:

Get booster to end pandemic.  Thought the original vax was supposed to end pandemic.  And since the vax stops working after 3 months, this means 4 shots a year for life.  And since 99.9% of people have zero reason to get vaxxed (other than to protect those people who already have a foot in the grave), this "Doctor" is a "moron."

Alternatively, a "moron" is someone who thought vaccines alone would end the pandemic when no experts ever said they would, thinks the vaccines stop working after 3 months when the mRNA vaccines are nearly as effective against death or serious illness after six months as they are after a fortnight, thinks that this means 4 shots a year for life when nobody knows the efficacy of the vaccines in combination and in multiples, and they've forgotten that tetanus is four jabs then one every ten years, and thinks that only 0.1% of the population are likely to die or suffer long term effects from Covid.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Alternatively, a "moron" is someone who thought vaccines alone would end the pandemic when no experts ever said they would,

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/02/vaccines-should-end-the-pandemic-despite-the-variants-say-experts/

https://www.unicefusa.org/stories/how-end-pandemic-vaccinate-world/38568

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/pandemic-will-end-says-irish-scientist-who-designed-oxford-az-vaccine-1.4764994

I could list more but i think you get the point.  Good thing we have movable goal posts or this narrative would be crumbling.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1