News Forum - Anutin: rise in Covid-19 infections is from careless New Year’s

Thaiger

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul says that the surge in new Covid-19 infections is to be expected after the New Year’s holiday, but the fact that the number of daily deaths has not risen significantly is it good sign following current scientific data that reveals that the Omicron variant is more transmissible but less severe than the currently dominant Delta strain. Only 11 deaths were recorded yesterday, in line with the average numbers over the past week, though daily infections shot up from below 3000 to 5,775 in today’s data. Anutin vow to remain vigilant and announced that in […]

The story Anutin: rise in Covid-19 infections is from careless New Year’s as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You gotta love this guy. He is the one who totally wrecked the vaccination system by insisting on expensive Chinese junk because Pfizer wasn't tested on yellow people. This alone has cost lives, ensured millions need double boosters, ruined the tourism industry & put millions into penury. And all he does is rant against everyone else because they are irresponsible. Talk about having a Messiah complex! 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Pompies said:

You gotta love this guy. He is the one who totally wrecked the vaccination system by insisting on expensive Chinese junk because Pfizer wasn't tested on yellow people. This alone has cost lives, ensured millions need double boosters, ruined the tourism industry & put millions into penury. And all he does is rant against everyone else because they are irresponsible. Talk about having a Messiah complex! 

He does seem to have his sights set on moving up ... 😕

• Like 2

Just as  I don’t buy Gas from an Insurance Co., I don’t get my Medical news or advice from nail salons….or Politicians…Empty Flapping Mouths.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

daily infections shot up from below 3000 to 5,775 in today’s data

That explains the level 4 announcement... this is just getting started. Buckle up, the next 8 weeks will be chock-full of doom an gloom. Not to mention that rural Thai people are now starting to clutch their amulets... my girlfriends tiny tambon in Mukdahan just reported 7 cases today, and everyone is losing their minds.

• Like 1

Well they were warned but there leader allowed inter province travel, allowed Construction Workers to do a runner back where they lived and allowed the Hi - So's to travel from BKK  to Phuket to Party. So who are the real culprits.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Stonker said:

He does seem to have his sights set on moving up ... 😕

Well  itll  be better than arse  licking I  guess.unless hes at the ankles  now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

That explains the level 4 announcement... this is just getting started. Buckle up, the next 8 weeks will be chock-full of doom an gloom. Not to mention that rural Thai people are now starting to clutch their amulets... my girlfriends tiny tambon in Mukdahan just reported 7 cases today, and everyone is losing their minds.

I was in Khon Kaen today with a Thai friend getting a second Pfizer jab.

All doses were taken last time, a month ago, but this time it was packed out not only with those getting a second dose but with people wanting a first and a third jab as well - so much so that they put a ceiling on today's second jabs, anyone who missed that was told to come back tomorrow, first and third dose hopefuls will only get anything left over, and then only those registered in Khon Kaen rather than anyone who 'walked-in' like before.

People are now getting seriously worried (and it's not from anything I've said 😱).

• Like 1

Numbers are doing strange things again, Govt quoted some 3,000+ yesterday and my wife says that is wrong there were over 5,000 according to sites she uses for work.  Calculator broken again.

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Worried about what exactly??????

Many were over 60, some over 70, some in wheelchairs, some with medical conditions.

I didn't ask, but I imagine worried about dying, being a burden on their families, being unable to work  and unable to support their families, and not being around to watch their kids and grand kids growing up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cabra said:

Cases of what……mild winter flu symptoms…..get a grip…….omicron wave already collapsing elsewhere…….

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Many were over 60, some over 70, some in wheelchairs, some with medical conditions.

I didn't ask, but I imagine worried about dying, being a burden on their families, being unable to work  and unable to support their families, and not being around to watch their kids and grand kids growing up.

Irrational Fears…..afraid based on what…..mild winter flu symptoms ….. runny nose and headache …..get a grip ……omicron is no killer, vaxxed or not, & already collapsing elsewhere……COVID’s death rattle …… in evolving to be maximally infectious it seems to have blown itself out…..

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Cases of what……mild winter flu symptoms…..get a grip…….omicron wave already collapsing elsewhere…….

Omicron cases today in the UK were from Government officials 194,000 747 this is a rise of 360,000, 865 from 7 days ago. So looking at the figures its rising not Collapsing stop reporting fake news oldscooler.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Hospitals should be turning people away unless breathing difficulties. it’s not rocket science…….

What about patients who need hospital visits for kidney Dialysis will you turn them away ?? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vlad said:

Omicron cases today in the UK were from Government officials 194,000 747 this is a rise of 360,000, 865 from 7 days ago. So looking at the figures its rising not Collapsing stop reporting fake news oldscooler.

collapsed already at point of origin South Africa. UK and Thailand must follow same pattern later this month. nobody vaxxed is dying in UK. symptoms are mild like flu. hospitals must turn people away unless having breathing difficulties.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

What about patients who need hospital visits for kidney Dialysis will you turn them away ?? 

Subject is Covid. Point of turning away mild Covid cases is to maintain beds for serious non- Covid cases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Irrational Fears…..afraid based on what…..mild winter flu symptoms ….. runny nose and headache …..get a grip ……omicron is no killer, vaxxed or not, & already

collapsing elsewhere……COVID’s death rattle …… in evolving to be maximally infectious it seems to have blown itself out…..

afraid based on what's happening elsewhere to many who catch Covid who are " over 60, some over 70, some in wheelchairs, some with medical conditions", many of whom get rather more than a runny nose and a headache.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

collapsed already at point of origin South Africa. UK and Thailand must follow same pattern later this month.

They probably would if the average age was 27, as it is in South Africa. Unfortunately it's 41.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

nobody vaxxed is dying in UK

That's simply untrue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

afraid based on what's happening elsewhere to many who catch Covid who are " over 60, some over 70, some in wheelchairs, some with medical conditions", many of whom get rather more than a runny nose and a headache.

They probably would if the average age was 27, as it is in South Africa. Unfortunately it's 41.

That's simply untrue.

just another member from CC Corner trying to infect good threads.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vlad said:

Not something I read, but unfortunately they're destroying this site as now every Covid thread is dragged down the same rabbit hole.

Either you reply and keep repeating the same point ad nauseam, or you get bored and ignore it and the thread then goes down the tubes anyway.

Lose-lose, which appears to be the intention.

• Like 2

Sadly Stonker it seams that way we have seen this before on other sites. When i joined TT there were many members but like most they have stopped posting and new 1s pop up then disappear.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vlad said:

No, not really. You have to make your own decisions. Not be influenced by others.

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Not something I read, but unfortunately they're destroying this site as now every Covid thread is dragged down the same rabbit hole.

Either you reply and keep repeating the same point ad nauseam, or you get bored and ignore it and the thread then goes down the tubes anyway.

Lose-lose, which appears to be the intention.

CCC destroying TT...?

That, Stonker dear man, is a load of bolleaux.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tsh said:

You do realize that "rising cases" are meaningless if deaths are going down (as the chart you linked clearly shows)? What a foolish post.

Sshhhhh....don't confused with reasoned logic.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1