News Forum - Public Health Ministry raises Covid-19 alert level to 4 (out of 5 levels)

Thaiger

Thailand’s Covid-19 alert level is raised from 3 to 4… The highest level is 5 with the most stringent measures advised to prevent the spread of the virus. The Public Health Ministry raised the level following the uptick in coronavirus cases, as well as infections involving the Omicron variant, following the New Year holiday. The level 4 preventative measures include asking residents to avoid dining or drinking at restaurants, visiting “risky” venues, and travelling, especially on public transportation. The ministry is encouraging people to work from home and added that some businesses and venues that have a high risk of […]

The story Public Health Ministry raises Covid-19 alert level to 4 (out of 5 levels) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A local small town Doctor told my wife  yesterday that the rate of infection in that town has already started to go ballistic ! What variant he did not say .

overreaction from the Thai Government because they saw how everyone broke rules on New Years.  They want to send a message to the Thai people it won't be tolerated.  sad, now everyone suffers for another whole year most likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ace035 said:

That's it, everything closed right now with the exception of to go item when buying food.

everything closed down, and no serving of alcohol.  But wait, you can still go to Phuket with everything open!

Yeah that's come and gone that one... 🙄

Dates back to when Delta was still popular.

Omicron has since vastly outperformed it so it never became a thing. Not even WHO has classified it as a variant of concern

• Like 1

Just now, Jayce said:

Yeah that's come and gone that one... 🙄

Dates back to when Delta was still popular.

Omicron has since vastly outperformed it so it never became a thing. Not even WHO has classified it as a variant of concern

Incorrect.
"Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern. 26 November 2021. "

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimothyN said:

Incorrect.
"Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern. 26 November 2021. "

Errrr.... where did I say Omicron was not a variant of concern??? 🙄🙄

I was referring to the variant that RampantRabbit brought up but the quote wasn't included for some reason 

Edited by Jayce

Schools shutting tomorrow.

Omicron in with the children now, most unvaccinated, will spread like wildfire, so very possible 10 million have it, or had it, by midnight Sunday.  At the reported spread rate maybe 3-6 weeks to get to the other 60 million people in Thailand.

It's coming to someone near you are you ready? 

Booze stocked up, freezer full, plenty of bottled water, hate to see a rush on toilet paper tomorrow at Lotus. Don't forget the Tomato Sauce you can eat anything with that.  😅

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jayce said:

I was referring to the variant that RampantRabbit brought up but the quote wasn't included for some reason 

the variant probably coming from Cameroon was discovered at the end of December in 16 people.

which does not allow the WHO to rule yet.

it's another monster of mutations ...

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Covid-19 alert level is raised from 3 to 4… The highest level is 5 with the most stringent measures advised to prevent the spread of the virus. The Public Health Ministry raised the level following the uptick in coronavirus cases, as well as infections involving the Omicron variant, following the New Year holiday. The level 4 preventative measures include asking residents to avoid dining or drinking at restaurants, visiting “risky” venues, and travelling, especially on public transportation. The ministry is encouraging people to work from home and added that some businesses and venues that have a high risk of […]

The story Public Health Ministry raises Covid-19 alert level to 4 (out of 5 levels) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

daily new cases does not match with alert level. What's going on?

19 hours ago, Jayce said:

so  far  anyway