News Forum - No confirmed date for resumption of Test & Go as Omicron infections spread

Thaiger

The government currently has no plans to resume the Test & Go scheme, which allows vaccinated travellers from approved countries to enter Thailand with minimal quarantine. Travellers who have already been approved for the Thailand Pass through Test & Go must enter the country by January 10. After that, the only way in will be through the sandbox scheme, currently operational in Phuket only, or by the quarantine programme. According to a Bangkok Post report, Opas Karnkawinpong from the Department of Disease Control says the rapid spread of the highly-contagious Omicron variant, both here and abroad, means Test & Go […]

The story No confirmed date for resumption of Test & Go as Omicron infections spread as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So if one is signed up and approved but enters after the 10th landing in Bangkok, what is possible for them to do in order to get to Phuket and change it to Sandbox? Landing in Bangkok they are already signed up for the hotel one night stay there and the big thing is if it is now mandatory quarantine then they do not want to be burdened with the higher quarantine cost of the already high daily hotel fares and tests as this will not be covered by the covid insurance.

So what are the options?

If these geniuses do keep the cut off set on the 10th, then these dingbat incompetent powers that be need to really resign and go away. They should honor all already approved want to be visitors and not subject them to extra BS costs as the cat is already out of the virus bag and spread around everywhere from their mismanagement. And for this coming from me as I have been fully anti domestic travel, and that is something. These tourists are less likely to spread the virus love around rather than what the Thai fragrantly are doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So if one is signed up and approved but enters after the 10th landing in Bangkok, what is possible for them to do in order to get to Phuket and change it to Sandbox? Landing in Bangkok they are already signed up for the hotel one night stay there and the big thing is if it is now mandatory quarantine then they do not want to be burdened with the higher quarantine cost of the already high daily hotel fares and tests as this will not be covered by the covid insurance.

So what are the options?

If these geniuses do keep the cut off set on the 10th, then these dingbat incompetent powers that be need to really resign and go away. They should honor all already approved want to be visitors and not subject them to extra BS costs as the cat is already out of the virus bag and spread around everywhere from their mismanagement. And for this coming from me as I have been fully anti domestic travel, and that is something. These tourists are less likely to spread the virus love around rather than what the Thai fragrantly are doing.

too many media outlets reporting that the jan 10 cutoff is already approved.  It's not, and we won't have an official answer until Friday 1/7.  If it's not stamped in the royal gazette, then it's not confirmed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gundam0315 said:

too many media outlets reporting that the jan 10 cutoff is already approved.  It's not, and we won't have an official answer until Friday 1/7.  If it's not stamped in the royal gazette, then it's not confirmed.

Why do you think it officially has to be placed in the royal gazette to be suspended for some time? Maybe to withdraw the stature of it being revoked indefinitely it may need to be covered that way so no one can contest it or talk chastising it. When it really comes down to it doesn’t the subject matter come directly under the special National Security and Covid 19 Emergency decree already in place? 

1 hour ago, gundam0315 said:

I hope you are correct as it would also be egg on face for the wannabe pm. 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

So what are the options?

If these are the well off class of tourist, there shouldn't be a problem paying. After all if they go elsewhere they will also have to pay for high class accommodations. It's being restricted that's the issue.

Others that are on the cheap will complain because of high expenses. However, these aren't the class of people Thailand wants to attract. So no problem.

The last group are those who have ties to Thailand. If they have spent anytime here they surly know the situation is volatile and should have expected it. The news from Europe and America is terrible and Thailand doesn't want it repeated here.

Noone should be surprised. Only those full of their own entitlement would think otherwise.

14 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

If these are the well off class of tourist, there shouldn't be a problem paying. After all if they go elsewhere they will also have to pay for high class accommodations. It's being restricted that's the issue.

Others that are on the cheap will complain because of high expenses. However, these aren't the class of people Thailand wants to attract. So no problem.

The last group are those who have ties to Thailand. If they have spent anytime here they surly know the situation is volatile and should have expected it. The news from Europe and America is terrible and Thailand doesn't want it repeated here.

Noone should be surprised. Only those full of their own entitlement would think otherwise.

Well I will 100% disagree with you. Just because they do not want to be subject to an all of a sudden swinging rule change after they are approved on a Test and Go program which will then have them paying more does not make them low class and not able to pay. It is absurd to subject them to the cut off of Jan 10th when they are approved to a later date, and in this case it is a few days arrival after the 10th. Whom I am reffering to hired a Thai agency to help them jump through all the hoops including getting the proper Covid Insurance, approvals and hotel and set up the tests, and they also have health insurance from the USA.

Doesn't make them low class cheap tourists, or wqhy can you tell me in your mind this makes them undesiravbles to you and the Gov? How about frugal and actually do spend a lot of money in the mainstream that supports normal Thai folk?

You are set in your no problem thinking as Thailand has said they want only the high spending high class tourists. Do you concider your self one of those, I mean high in stature and deserve to stay here above all other common foreign folk? For me I don't go around looking for expensive hotels or high end restaurants when I travel. This is not my way, but yes when doing other things on travel besides the fun travel I actually do stay at mid to high end places, but in my normal life prefer to do it differently.

Respectfully the dingbats at the helm should honor every one they have currently approved and allow them to travel as under the grandfathered way. Everyone else after the shut down of the Test and Go no. 

The foreingers I am referring to who will come here and stay for a few months (3 months) will probably at the end of their holiday stay have spent probably $8000 - 10,000 USD. And this is spreading the money love around to who that needs it the most. The common Thai folk. 

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Why do you think it officially has to be placed in the royal gazette to be suspended for some time? Maybe to withdraw the stature of it being revoked indefinitely it may need to be covered that way so no one can contest it or talk chastising it. When it really comes down to it doesn’t the subject matter come directly under the special National Security and Covid 19 Emergency decree already in place? 

there is still hope, they are discussing the deadline and will announced this Friday.  Do not listen to Media outlets they just want clicks when there is possible news.  This was just released by @thainewsreports on twitter.  Also follow @richardbarrow he is the most reliable news source on this story.

Edited by gundam0315

28 minutes ago, gundam0315 said:

there is still hope, they are discussing the deadline and will announced this Friday.  Do not listen to Media outlets they just want clicks when there is possible news.  This was just released by @thainewsreports on twitter.  Also follow @richardbarrow he is the most reliable news source on this story.

I have seen that pasted news thing already. I don't or never believe anything until the fat lady sings, but i have been in thailand long long enough to be critical of things for how it goes.