NYC - Visa Processing

MrNovax

As frustrated as i can be with many of the policies and processes needed to enter and stay in Thailand I wanted to recognize the good.  My wife pushed me (reluctantly) to join her as she visits her family this month (Jan) and so we started the process of applying for a non O visa.  To their credit, the new electronic system is fast and easy to use.  Took us about an hour to get everything set up and review what documents etc we needed.  Luckily I had most of the information saved on my computer from last time we applied (2019) so it was mostly a few downloads, a few uploads and we were done.

I put the final touches on the application and summitted on Dec 22nd and it was approved in one week (even with the holidays) on December 29th.  I am not sure with the pending announcement if things are a bit slow there or a 1 week turnaround is standard.  Either way, thought it might be beneficial to others if they are looking to plan out a stay and go through the NYC consulate.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad things went smooth, especially in NYC!

Where in NYC are you?

I'm there quite often and lived there for a long time 

SomTumDer in lower east side  is my wife's favorite Thai(well Isaan really) restaurant outside of Thailand 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Glad things went smooth, especially in NYC!

Where in NYC are you?

I'm there quite often and lived there for a long time 

SomTumDer in lower east side  is my wife's favorite Thai(well Isaan really) restaurant outside of Thailand 

Im in PA, so need to use the NYC embassy.  As stated above, all of the submissions were electronic this year so didnt need to go in person.  

• Like 1

If it is not too personal, could you tell me how long you are planning to stay in Thailand this time? Have you ever apply for an extension in Bangkok? 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:58 AM, NP1 said:

If it is not too personal, could you tell me how long you are planning to stay in Thailand this time? Have you ever apply for an extension in Bangkok? 

You'd be better stating  how long you and your husband intend to stay in Thailand and we can then advise on your options and the correct Visa to apply for in the first instance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, NP1 said:

just arrived over the weekend and currently in my 10 day quarantine.   we are scheduled to be here 3 months but that may change depending on how things go here with my wifes family.  

I have applied for extensions in BKK many times.  its a lot of paperwork but not very difficult.  My wife typically can do everything needed without the help of a third party.  it takes some time but isnt complicated for someone who can read the rules.  i find most immigration officers more than helpful to her as she asks questions or gets clarification either by phone or in person.  

• Cool 1