News Forum - Pattaya sets up 3 free Covid-19 testing points to access nightlife

Thaiger

After intensive rules requiring constant Covid-19 testing for Chon Buri restaurants and entertainment venues were announced last night, the Chon Buri Department of Public Health is now helping to ease the burden by setting up 3 free testing points in popular entertainment and nightlife areas. The Chon Buri Governor announced new rules late last night for venues that serve food or alcohol to protect from Covid-19 amid fears of the rapidly spreading Omicron variant. The strict new regulations demand daily rapid antigen Covid-19 testing for anybody working in any nightlife or entertainment business, especially as many are moonlighting as “restaurants” […]

The story Pattaya sets up 3 free Covid-19 testing points to access nightlife as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only bar/restaurant that serves alcohol to dine in requires a negative COVID-19 test with ATK within 72 hours. Going to 7/11, Family Mart, any food cart, supermarket, shopping mall & coffee shop will be ok. So, it's like you need a 72-hour pass to get in.

2 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Only bar/restaurant that serves alcohol to dine in requires a negative COVID-19 test with ATK within 72 hours. Going to 7/11, Family Mart, any food cart, supermarket, shopping mall & coffee shop will be ok. So, it's like you need a 72-hour pass to get in.

something tells me that it will be required for all the above mentioned say in about a few weeks....

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

... and if someone tests positive?

It was a genuine question, BTW.

I'm sure free testing will be part of a solution, but not so sure if this is it.

• Like 1

Dear people, due to the fast spread of the Omicron variant. We require you to do a daily ATK.

But please do not worry. They are now wide available at your nearest 7-11 for only 49 baht/unit.

spacer.png

You're all welcome. :)

Edited by Rimla
  • Like 1

Many other nightlife tourism destination countries have no restrictions at all, anyone can come, and even disco clubs are open , packed with people, and guess what: their covid situation is not worse than in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, Somchai said:

Many other nightlife tourism destination countries have no restrictions at all, anyone can come, and even disco clubs are open , packed with people, and guess what: their covid situation is not worse than in Thailand.

So what?

If you have a problem being tested, for free, and you think that's too much of an imposition, maybe you should go to one of those "other tourism nightlife destination countries" instead and enjoy your holiday there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rimla said:

Wow something free in Pattaya, Thailand?!

Jokes aside, that's a great step forward for easing the mass testing process. :)

Nothing is free in this world. If a government pays for something, that means tax payers pay for it one way or another so it is not free really. Where is a governement going to find the money to pay for the huge debts that have been amounted the last 2 years around the world? Increase of income tax (well for the middle class essentially, the poorest cannot pay and the very wealthy do not want to pay and escape in tax heavens), increase of tax for petrol, alcohool, cigarettes, etc.... etc.... so who ends up eventually to pay for it? Well of us.

Edited by Manu

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

... and if someone tests positive?

going to Pattaya today, will stay away from all so called "night life", didn't know it still exist there

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Somchai said:

It's happening right now in the Philippines, nightlife venues all open with no restrictions but still have to wear mask and socially distancing. No such thing as COVID-19 ATK test when entering bars and gogo bars.

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

It's happening right now in the Philippines, nightlife venues all open with no restrictions but still have to wear mask and socially distancing. No such thing as COVID-19 ATK test when entering bars and gogo bars.

Maybe some of Thailand sexpats will relocate. 

So I bring a negative antigen test bought at 7-11 and done at home to my local restaurant. Is that ok? If so I’ll just keep one in my pocket and show it every time I go for the next two months. What about small food court vendors  who share tables or beach chair sellers offering food and drink at your chair? This really hasn’t been thought through at all.

Edited by Leeshard

So the answer is go to 7-11 and buy a couple of cheap tests, test yourself and then if positive stay away and wait it out at your hotel so you are not nabbed and quarantined. That is unless the hotel requires the same after their staff get sick. Or watch them require that you be tracked to get into any place and then after, and then have to mandatorily do a test and present the results.

3 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

So I bring a negative antigen test bought at 7-11 and done at home to my local restaurant. Is that ok? If so I’ll just keep one in my pocket and show it every time I go for the next two months. What about small food court vendors  who share tables or beach chair sellers offering food and drink at your chair? This really hasn’t been thought through at all.

This is selective abuse for fun places. They either need to do it for all or do it to none.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Why try to be awkward? It's a forward thinking sort of scheme designed to keep everyone safe? Not perfect but who is these days?

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

57 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Unlikely as you could have tested anyone, even your dog, anytime.

It's a start, and it's clearly been thought through a lot more than some comments here.

If you don't like the rules, fine, be a whinger or 'freedom' advocate depending on your perspective.

If you can't obey them, though, and try to cheat then shove off before you get us all tarred with the same brush - if it's not too late already.

• Like 1