News Forum - 7 Dangerous Days begins with 39 deaths, 362 accidents on Thai roads

Thaiger

On the first day of the yearly Seven Dangerous Days, where the Thai Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation tracks traffic accidents and deaths, 39 people were killed on the roads plus 362 people were injured and as many accidents on Wednesday. The department tracks the statistics for 7 days from December 29 each year, as holiday travel create a sharp increase in traffic incidents. On the first day, 81.3% of the recorded 362 road accidents involves at least one motorbike. Speeding made up the largest percentage of accident causes, with 34.6% of all road accidents involving at least one […]

The story 7 Dangerous Days beigns with 39 deaths, 362 accidents on Thai roads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"7 Dangerous Days beigns with 39 deaths, 362 accidents on Thai roads"

"Beigns"?

"Beigns"?

This is the second mis-spelled headline in a week or so; the Editor should be flogged!

Happy New Year to One and All!

Edited by Shade_Wilder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"7 Dangerous Days beigns with 39 deaths, 362 accidents on Thai roads"

"Beigns"?

"Beigns"?

This is the second mis-spelled headline in a week or so; the Editor should be flogged!

Happy New Year to One and All!

'the Editor should be flogged!'   I'm sure the editor will be sold off to the highest bidder.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

As long as you're not too drunk to read it. 🤣

Obviously they are …. As 77 yesterday, and to lunchtime today, 38.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:
6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Obviously they are …. As 77 yesterday, and to lunchtime today, 38.

Highly unlikely I know, but it could be only the illiterate who are dying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In most car accidents there is no alcohol involved, so all these drunk-drive warnings are just propaganda, with which they want to control us take away our liberty and install a totalitarian nanny regime!

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, astro said:

In most car accidents there is no alcohol involved, so all these drunk-drive warnings are just propaganda, with which they want to control us take away our liberty and install a totalitarian nanny regime!

obiously a road safety expert! 🥱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, astro said:

I demand my right to kill someone in a car accident.

• Haha 2

Just now, oldschooler said:

yes, like that Day of Death in Mexico, in Bond film…..

meaning “ macabre” reminds me that movie event, like “morbid”,  human fascination with and fear of Death, adopted usually in brutal or fatalistic cultures where Life has little value…..good word that, “macabre”……means “ concerned with or causing fear of death”…. another french word adopted by english language…….not used enough…..damn, no emojis on my ipad keyboard ! yet have on iphone.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

estimated 25k annual road deaths here, at scene / on way to hosp. / at hosp. 80% motorbikes, primarily mopeds below 150cc I reckon, so simply BAN THEM to save 20k yearly lives. Too Disruptive to Life Here so Wont Happen = Life Value Here by Govt. Assessed as Insignificant / Irrelevant vs. Money.

Now if that measure simply moves those deaths above 150 cc then ban those as well until significant reduction acheived, maybe at 300 cc level where riders are better educated / qualified/ more careful. 

Law Enforcement could be upped but we all know that has naff all effect……

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Here is a Chiang Mai Police video compilation of crashes during 2021

I bet they had so many to choose from, wonder what ones (of the many) didn’t make the cut 😉

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I think bugs in the grill and an occasional rat under the wheel is satisfying already. 

• Haha 1

I'm confused! (not unusual!) Why do the "7 days" not begin until most of the travelers are already back in their villages (or dead or in hospital!)????

5 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Yet, slow drivers are much more dangerous and a hindrance than of the inebriated variety.

Take your pick.

4 hours ago, Rain said:

Yet, slow drivers are much more dangerous and a hindrance than of the inebriated variety.

That is why Bangkok rush hour is so so dangerous ⚠️ Everyone is a slow driver then!