Thaievisa Visa times

LarsV

I've submitted all documents and sent the visa application through the thaievisa platform for my family visa so I can stay with my wife since 4 weeks and no visa yet. My travel date was supposed to be in 4 days (and I haven't even applied for the Thailand pass). They asked me to send a proof of insurance from a company on their list about 12 days ago, which I submitted 3 days later (so it's 9 days since). Still no update on the visa, when the Frankfurt Embassy website says it takes 7 days. I can't get through to the embassy via phone, and they don't allow visa applications in person anymore. Any idea how to deal with this? Thinking my last option is to knock on the embassy's door to just get any idea of what's going on. Any experiences?

• Like 1

Have you tried contacting the Thai Embassy, Berlin.

I doubt you'll receive any response until Jan 4th.
Check your spam folder for email replies from the Thai Consulate/Embassy.

• Like 1

Update: My wife contacted the Frankfurt consulate via Facebook and we got a response within a day, and shortly after the visa got approved as well. So make sure to try the Facebook page if you're in a similar situation👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, LarsV said:

Update: My wife contacted the Frankfurt consulate via Facebook and we got a response within a day, and shortly after the visa got approved as well. So make sure to try the Facebook page if you're in a similar situation👍

When you say "shortly after," do you remember how many days? And did you have to change your departure flight before your visa get approved? In a similar situation.

• Like 1