News Forum - Vaccination required for foreign workers as Singapore tightens restrictions

Thaiger

Foreigners who intend to work, study, or relocate long-term in Singapore will be required to be vaccinated starting February 1, as the country tightens restrictions in response to the emergence of the Omicron Covid-19 variant, according to the Ministry of Health. Children under the age of 12 and those who are medically ineligible for the vaccinations will be exempt from these restrictions. Others who are unvaccinated will barred from public areas including eateries, malls, and tourist spots. They have been subjected to paying their own medical bills as cases have piled up in Singapore over the last few weeks. As […]

The story Vaccination required for foreign workers as Singapore tightens restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let me see if i got it right: you already need an international vaccination certificate to arrive to Singapore, it's an island, right?

So unless they expect all students and those who would like to work to swim to Singapore...

Doh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Let me see if i got it right: you already need an international vaccination certificate to arrive to Singapore, it's an island, right?

So unless they expect all students and those who would like to work to swim to Singapore...

Doh!

last time I went from SG to Malysia I took a bus and it did not sink!:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless you're fully vaccinated, you highly likely won't be going, even if you are planning on travelling under the Phuket non-vaccination scheme which is accepted your final  destination. This applies currently on VTL (vaccinated travel lane) flights even with a 1 hour transit at Singapore for Phuket, also note CDC card isn't accepted by Singapore for VTL transit  - must be accompanied by something digitally verifiable, and the stricter 48hr window for PCR test for your first inbound to Singapore. 

There is a minor exception which is non-VTL flights which would be a magical combination to find,  if you are you're already fully aware of the rules and any loopholes. Otherwise cancel Singapore Airlines and find another airline

Edited by viattam
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason said:

I'll be taking a plane to Singapore...but only for a 1 hour stopover on my way to Phuket.....

You are 'lucky' Jason, I've got a 3 hour stop over in Singapore. Minor hardship given the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

last time I went from SG to Malysia I took a bus and it did not sink!:) 

yes, you crossed the border and vaccination certificate will be required to do so

1 hour ago, viattam said:

Unless you're fully vaccinated, you highly likely won't be going, even if you are planning on travelling under the Phuket non-vaccination scheme which is accepted your final  destination. This applies currently on VTL (vaccinated travel lane) flights even with a 1 hour transit at Singapore for Phuket, also note CDC card isn't accepted by Singapore for VTL transit  - must be accompanied by something digitally verifiable, and the stricter 48hr window for PCR test for your first inbound to Singapore. 

There is a minor exception which is non-VTL flights which would be a magical combination to find,  if you are you're already fully aware of the rules and any loopholes. Otherwise cancel Singapore Airlines and find another airline

I feel safer already  BKK-Melb with Singapore Airlines:)