Looking to buy a Pitbull puppy

Thedub84

Hello is there anyone who knows if a breeder who is selling a pitbull puppy I would like to my olive in the chainat area in the province of Bangkok

Thanking you in advance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Are they not illegal here?

Loop holes exist and so they are able to be found here no problem. CM  has some tatooed up folk who have them, and one I have seen is a massive male pitbull with a humungous head.

Quote from Pet Travelor.

Prohibited dog breeds in Thailand

Thailand is a fairly pet-friendly country and most people in the country love their pets. Cats and small dog breeds are the most popular pets in the country. While there are not too many pet-friendly restaurants and other activities, things are changing as more and more people are adopting pets.

Thailand has a breed-specific ban in place for the import of strong and aggressive dogs to curb dog attacks on the general public and animals.

Banned breeds in Thailand are:

• American Staffordshire Terrier
  • Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier

While it is not illegal to own these breeds in Thailand, the import of these breeds is prohibited by law. These breeds are banned for import in many countries around the world for several reasons. They have broad, strong jaws which means they can inflict great harm when they attack. They are strong, large-sized dogs that are not always easy to control. Though not all dogs of these breeds are aggressive and unfriendly, breed-specific legislation assumes that these breeds are vicious because of the history of attacks and dog bites by these dogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Loop holes exist and so they are able to be found here no problem. CM  has some tatooed up folk who have them, and one I have seen is a massive male pitbull with a humungous head.

Quote from Pet Travelor.

Prohibited dog breeds in Thailand

Thailand is a fairly pet-friendly country and most people in the country love their pets. Cats and small dog breeds are the most popular pets in the country. While there are not too many pet-friendly restaurants and other activities, things are changing as more and more people are adopting pets.

Thailand has a breed-specific ban in place for the import of strong and aggressive dogs to curb dog attacks on the general public and animals.

Banned breeds in Thailand are:

• American Staffordshire Terrier
  • Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier

While it is not illegal to own these breeds in Thailand, the import of these breeds is prohibited by law. These breeds are banned for import in many countries around the world for several reasons. They have broad, strong jaws which means they can inflict great harm when they attack. They are strong, large-sized dogs that are not always easy to control. Though not all dogs of these breeds are aggressive and unfriendly, breed-specific legislation assumes that these breeds are vicious because of the history of attacks and dog bites by these dogs.

Am a right in saying that he doesn't want to import one?

Just wants to know if there is a breeder of pit bulls in his area.

holycowcm,thailand is very smart to keep these pit bulls out of thailand.here in the usa you hear of  random attacks and killing of babies,small kids and women about every week or so.those things i think have mental troubles!its not a kid friendly dog at all.and most will one day turn even on the owner. i hope thai does away with them all. chock dee to all and merry christmas. maybe these restrictions will ease one day.not sure when?2022?2023?or 5 years from now??who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Am a right in saying that he doesn't want to import one?

Just wants to know if there is a breeder of pit bulls in his area.

Yeah, all I am saying is they are here already prior to the ban so he should be able to find a pup some where here. I would think the price tag is going to be really high though. If he did a search he would find the Kennel club which is the picture below. And they are certified as they say and I would bet can steer him in the right direction of who has.

image.thumb.png.1a2e7d64572c721e1ba2d026d4a67a02.png

12 minutes ago, farang said:

holycowcm,thailand is very smart to keep these pit bulls out of thailand.here in the usa you hear of  random attacks and killing of babies,small kids and women about every week or so.those things i think have mental troubles!its not a kid friendly dog at all.and most will one day turn even on the owner. i hope thai does away with them all. chock dee to all and merry christmas. maybe these restrictions will ease one day.not sure when?2022?2023?or 5 years from now??who knows.

Yeah, i hear what you are saying as i am originally from the US. My belief is all Bull dogs have an odd streak in them, but it is also how you raise them. I have a Frenchie and I have freinds who have Frenchies and you defintely have to control them. The Pitbulls I have sees being walked in CM seem very well controlled but also on chain leashes and the woner has to have some power to keep them in line. Bulls, all bulls have a weird brain function. But I love my Frenchie as is a character and lots of fun.

12 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, all I am saying is they are here already prior to the ban so he should be able to find a pup some where here. I would think the price tag is going to be really high though. If he did a search he would find the Kennel club which is the picture below. And they are certified as they say and I would bet can steer him in the right direction of who has.

image.thumb.png.1a2e7d64572c721e1ba2d026d4a67a02.png

The 2 on the far left and and far right look like the 'Bully', type breed, the one centre seems to more Pit Bull, i had one many years ago in the UK, he was a beauty, no trouble at all.

25 minutes ago, steve860 said:

The 2 on the far left and and far right look like the 'Bully', type breed, the one centre seems to more Pit Bull, i had one many years ago in the UK, he was a beauty, no trouble at all.

Yeah similar to the big ones I have seen in CM. Monsters they are. Saddle them and let the small kids ride them.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Transam said:

Are not people who want one of these dogs wannabe tough guys...? 🤔

From the look of them perhaps a couple of the owners in CM certainly may have that false complex when walking their Pitts. For me this is why I never got a pet King Cobra so could take it out for a slither. Well that and my wife has a phobia of snakes and on the other point it is just plain weird to have pet snakes. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thedub84 said:

Hello is there anyone who knows if a breeder who is selling a pitbull puppy I would like to my olive in the chainat area in the province of Bangkok

Thanking you in advance

In advance of what, the puppy growing into a dangerous animal.

41 minutes ago, Transam said:

Are not people who want one of these dogs wannabe tough guys...? 🤔

Well Trans I had one many years ago, maybe 30yrs, and he was a grand dog, obedient, great temperament, soft as the proverbial. It's all down to how you treat them, me a tough guy, nah.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63245874

Edited by steve860

1 hour ago, Transam said:

Where I come from, they are mascots for the wannabie yobs. So they banned them, as there were too many injuries, and worse from these dogs and their owners.

For that same reason, they are banned in Thailand, though they can be seen around as the authorities are useless at taking action against anything here.

No doubt there are many out there that are perfect pets, but, the message from wherever, is clear they are or can be a problem.

With so many breeds out there in LOS that are legal to own, I can't see the reason for a dog that may bring you problems, especially for a farang.

https://www.petraveller.com.au/blog/banned-breeds-in-thailand

There's still plenty about in the UK, under the guise of Irish Staffies, when they were banned in the early 90's, they had to be muzzled, and neutered, which in some cases never happened. Breeders who were up in the hills etc were still at it, i knew of one in North Wales. The last 10 yrs has seen these pit bull type dogs ( there's no standard in the UK, the Kennel Club never recognised them as a pedigree breed) becoming popular with the wanna be gangsters. Which i find quite sad, as I've got alot time for these dogs, but thats opinion.

Edited by steve860

8 hours ago, farang said:

dogs are not broken their owners are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1