Royal Thai Air Force Museum

Andrew Reeve

Thailand has a rich heritage of aviation and I would recommend a visit to The Royal Thai Air Force Museum which is located in the Don Mueang District of Bangkok; there is no charge/fee to enter the museum. You will find an impressive collection of retired aircraft such as attack aircraft, military transport aircraft, fighter aircraft and helicopters.

This museum is also home to the last V-93S Corsair in the world, as well as the famous SAAB Gripen 39 which had featured in many Thai airshows. Also on display is the first aircraft that was designed and built by Thai people "Paribatra" bomber aircraft.

Corsair.JPG.7fb6d28ba5c74efbbfb54850b536ef66.JPG

• Thanks 2

Hi, Andrew,

I can understand your interest in Thailand's preserved aircraft and, whilst not being able to help with your information quest, can only share a happy anecdote of the visits to the British Army Air Shows at Middle Wallop that I and my family made when we lived at Andover, near the air-base, during the 80's.

There is now an excellent air museum on the base, but the excitement that the massed helicopter formation flying generated or the deafening roar of the low level fly-past of the only remaining Avro Vulcan bomber are things that I will never, ever forget . . . they were just tremendous.

Here's the link to the air show and museum website that I think you'll enjoy. https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/museums/museum-of-army-flying.htm

Cheers

KC

• 2 weeks later...