News Forum - Police search for foreign tourist who left quarantine, tested positive for Covid-19

Thaiger

Thai authorities are looking for an Israeli traveller who left his quarantine hotel before getting his results back from a Covid-19 test… which turned out positive. Under the Test & Go quarantine exemption programme, (registration has been closed) fully vaccinated travellers from approved countries must undergo an RT-PCR test upon arrival and isolate at an approved hotel until results come back, which can take up to a day. Reports say the traveller entered Thailand last Friday and checked in at a hotel off Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok. That same day, while waiting for his test result, the traveller left the […]

The story Police search for foreign tourist who left quarantine, tested positive for Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great, another foreinger making us look bad and spreading the covid love. Let's just hope it is not the new variant or the crapiola is going to go against us here I would gather. 

I would think this also helps them to suspend the test and go plan a lot easier.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Great, another foreinger making us look bad and s[preading the covid love. Let's just hope it is not the new variant or the crapiola is going to go against us here I would gather. 

I would think this also helps them to suspend the test and go plan a lot easier.

Unfortunately not uncommon for people to ignore quarantine requirements. Here in Oz a young guy did so and visited a nightclub which resulted in 200 people being infected. He received a $10k fine, IMO should have jailed the bastard.

• Like 7

Almost certainly far from an isolated case.

Test'n'Go uses SHA+ hotels, far from all of which are also SQ hotels so unlike an SQ ASQ hotel the quarantine's unsupervised.

From Israel, that is not saying, a lot. Why they not look and warn, with name and picture?

Aside: How can the Hotel let him leave with the luggage?

At least without calling the authorities a minute later?

Edited by Guest1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thai authorities are looking for an Israeli traveller who left his quarantine hotel before getting his results back from a Covid-19 test… which turned out positive. Under the Test & Go quarantine exemption programme, (registration has been closed) fully vaccinated travellers from approved countries must undergo an RT-PCR test upon arrival and isolate at an approved hotel until results come back, which can take up to a day. Reports say the traveller entered Thailand last Friday and checked in at a hotel off Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok. That same day, while waiting for his test result, the traveller left the […]

The story Police search for foreign tourist who left quarantine, tested positive for Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Most likely will be found at Terminal 21 haggling over the price of a Superdry tshirt. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Great, another foreinger making us look bad and spreading the covid love. Let's just hope it is not the new variant or the crapiola is going to go against us here I would gather.

Exactly.

We all suffer because of this, yet people here still wonder why 'dirty farangs ' has momentum.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Exactly.

We all suffer because of this, yet people here still wonder why 'dirty farangs ' has momentum.

You know this news flash makes me double annoyed because:

1. The dirty farangs thing will remain a thing even through there many Thais whom also came back from pilgrimage.

2. The RTP messed this one up royally if somebody positively infected could've traveled from North to South.

Somebody escaping from his 24 hour hotel room should've been caught within 24 hours.
There's only that far one can travel in 24 hours.

Still the super spreader events are "please come", I would say Mr. Opera stay at home - you can't see the crowd anyways.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

From Israel, that is not saying, a lot. Why they not look and warn, with name and picture?

image.thumb.png.0913d7e25db7a7998844161be71823a8.png

In other media reports, as linked in 'source'.

15 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Aside: How can the Hotel let him leave with the luggage?

At least without calling the authorities a minute later?

It was probably only an SHA+ hotel, not SQ - not all are both.

18 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Most likely will be found at Terminal 21 haggling over the price of a Superdry tshirt. 

He'll be waiting for the 50% off

Just now, ace035 said:

Put him jail first along with B40K fine then deport him. Banned him from entering Thailand for the rest of his life.

100K-200K fine, but first he wouldn't need to go-to jail as he would then cause a super spreader in jail again.

• Like 1

Ok, so jail him after own paid 30 day quarantine , 500k fine and ban him for 2 livetimes.

He could not have come so far, to surrender on Koh Samui, if the Hotel would have done the job on checking if he is in the room, or better, telling the authorities, that he left with the luggage!

Take the Hotels license for SHT, as minimum

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 1

A handful of idiots like him cause problems for the vast majority of law-abiding foreigners in Thailand, giving some xenophobic people in both Thai government and Thai society a pretext to talk bad about foreigners in general. This is sad on so many levels and really makes me angry. I hope they catch him quickly and lock him up, then ban him from Thailand forever.

Now everybody will talk about him and say that Omicron comes to Thailand with dirty Farangs. Nobody is going to talk about the 25 of 30 Thai pilgrims who tested positive for Omicron after returning from Saudi Arabia.

Edited by kriegaex
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Exactly.

Just ate lunch in my kitchen with the kids, and low and behold one of the main news stories was this foreinger's face all over the TV and the police talking about he escaped and has covid. It has begun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Wow he has already been everywhere. Spreading the love around.

Not the smartest guy in the room... still wondering what his end game was... a simple wai and 2000 baht fine (chokdee 🤣). Regardless, his end game now is jail and deportation.

• Like 1

For a country that has so many thousands upon thousands of military conscripts, most of who are doing very little, why not use them to prevent 'quarantinees' from leaving their approved hotels (SHA, or whatever they're called)?

I can't see people being so keen to abscond if there was a gun pointed at them.
An overreaction? Maybe, but it seems 'voluntary quarantine' is open to abuse, not to mention causing an outbreak of the latest strain, potentially affecting thousands.

• Like 6

Just now, Transam said:

I doubt that many could be capable or trusted to do the job..😬

I guess this will be one of the new models, "quarantine hotel" with a AK47 pointed at the door.

• Like 2