News Forum - International flights into Thailand up 24% from last month

Thaiger

While the tourism industry is still a long way from recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic, the high season is getting underway, and international flights to Thailand have increased more than 20%. Airports of Thailand reported the increase last night. AoT reported 9,483 of the flights scheduled in landing slots into Thailand were originating from international cities this month, which is a 24% increase over figures from November.  They reported that the last 2 months of 2021 will see a total of 17,132 flights landing in the airports of Thailand, with the majority occurring in December. More flights are likely to […]

The story International flights into Thailand up 24% from last month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hear ya, mjwalker! I'm hoping to arrive in March to be with my girl from Ukraine. We have been separated because of the pandemic for two years. Let's keep our nerve and hopefully it will happen.

• Like 2

So those on those Visa extensions that they say cannot return home, now can as more flights? And if Tourists coming from those countries ….. no excuses now.

1 hour ago, Pompies said:

Tatlı Fanny Adams'ın %24'ü hala F All.

Why don't you put Turkey in the risky countries category. Turkey is in a better situation than many countries that you accept without quarantine. (USA, GERMANY, INDIA, FRANCE) There are many tourists who want to come in Tayla when you remove the quarantine. Please do some research on this subject. How many countries you accept without quarantine per day 350000 tests are being done. Many people in Turkey have had their third vaccination, and there are even those who have had their fourth vaccination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So those on those Visa extensions that they say cannot return home, now can as more flights? And if Tourists coming from those countries ….. no excuses now.

Why does this bother you so much? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

It's certainly getting busier where I live lots of people about last night

Yeah. My wife told me HH has picked up a lot recently. 

Although my flight leaving Thailand in January just got cancelled. 😆

Is a thai holiday today and NImman area was in full tilt tonight--looked like pre covid crowds....prob not so good considering the variant...also the walking street was packed last week on the 2nd wk opening in CNX-

they also allowed booze in CNX this week at places serving "food" so that is on the upswing as well

I noticed all these closed hotels and such getting a facelift in old town as if a "rush" is expected....?????

Feels like someone tipped off the hotel and hiso crowd as to "rules" being dropped on the reopening as it seems as if they known something we dont.....just seems very odd at the amount of "remodeling".....

Good news on air travel, but still too much trouble and risky to travel. If it is for returning back to country or returning residents, why take the risks of travelling now?

• Like 1

The Tourist Visa and Thai Pass for me are still overly complicated and difficult to come through, think more in the term of weeks rather than days. Add this to all the additional costs for a family to come, expensive flights, insurances, covid hotel, and risks of losing the lot, and it paints a rather bleak picture. We have a condo there and will keep trying and hoping it falls into place, but honestly, today, with the new variant and increasing restrictions at both ends, I wonder if it's really worth it this year. 

20 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Good news on air travel, but still too much trouble and risky to travel. If it is for returning back to country or returning residents, why take the risks of travelling now?

Why is it risky?

9 minutes ago, Golfer said:

The Tourist Visa and Thai Pass for me are still overly complicated and difficult to come through, think more in the term of weeks rather than days. Add this to all the additional costs for a family to come, expensive flights, insurances, covid hotel, and risks of losing the lot, and it paints a rather bleak picture. We have a condo there and will keep trying and hoping it falls into place, but honestly, today, with the new variant and increasing restrictions at both ends, I wonder if it's really worth it this year. 

Thailand pass is very simple. Took 10 minutes to apply, and I was approved in 2 hours. 

My only extra costs were the insurance and the hotel for TnG, about £200 in total. 

Got a cheap deal on a flight with a promotion on business ticket, only double the price in economy, which was already average price.

There are also plenty of deals on hotels in Thailand right now. 

If you risk losing the lot, you're buying the wrong things. Airlines are flexible, hotels are flexible, insurance is flexible. 

What are the increasing restrictions you mention in Thailand? I wasn't aware of any. 

I won't be facing any extra restrictions on the way back as things stand either. 

Each to their own though. I arrive Friday. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thailand pass is very simple. Took 10 minutes to apply, and I was approved in 2 hours. 

My only extra costs were the insurance and the hotel for TnG, about £200 in total. 

Got a cheap deal on a flight with a promotion on business ticket, only double the price in economy, which was already average price.

If you risk losing the lot, you're buying the wrong things. Airlines are flexible, hotels are flexible, insurance is flexible. 

What are the increasing restrictions you mention in Thailand? I wasn't aware of any. 

I won't be facing any extra restrictions on the way back as things stand either. 

Whoa

You can't be positive on this forum!

That's a no-no

Enjoy your holiday  😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, mjwalker said:

please i hope it stays this way as i am coming in january to see my girlfriend

On 12/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, Jason said:

I hear ya, mjwalker! I'm hoping to arrive in March to be with my girl from Ukraine. We have been separated because of the pandemic for two years. Let's keep our nerve and hopefully it will happen.

I am in the same situation, hoping to arrive in March also.

I was due to leave Australia to see my girl the day after the Australian government closed the international border.

It has been a long wait.

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I think 10 mins is a slight exaggeration!  I’m very familiar with computers, manipulating images, file conversion/compression and using web sites. I would say the process took me around 20-25 minutes and wasn’t without problems.

When you upload details of your vaccinations, you also have the option to pick out the QR code on the NHS vaccination document (available through the NHS App). This image has to be spot on. Too much edge around the QR code or too close to the QR code and it’s rejected. It took me 3 attempts to load the first QR code, 2 on my second dose and booster dose QR codes. I also had an issue with my hotel booking details as the JPEG file was 5.2Mb and the maximum file size was 5Mb. Other than a few issues like that; which many people  would find difficult to deal with, it was straightforward. I sent it off and immediately got a notification that’s it’s being processed. But a day on, I’ve yet to receive a Thailand pass, so time will tell.

One thing I would add is in relation to hotels. As you go through the Thailand pass application, you get to the area where it asks which hotel you are staying in for the PCR test and result. This is a drop down menu having selected which area/province you are staying in. I was relieved to find my hotel was on the drop down list. You should be mindful of which hotel you book and ensure it’s one of the option on the Thailand pass.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think 10 mins is a slight exaggeration!  I’m very familiar with computers, manipulating images, file conversion/compression and using web sites. I would say the process took me around 20-25 minutes and wasn’t without problems.

When you upload details of your vaccinations, you also have the option to pick out the QR code on the NHS vaccination document (available through the NHS App). This image has to be spot on. Too much edge around the QR code or too close to the QR code and it’s rejected. It took me 3 attempts to load the first QR code, 2 on my second dose and booster dose QR codes. I also had an issue with my hotel booking details as the JPEG file was 5.2Mb and the maximum file size was 5Mb. Other than a few issues like that; which many people  would find difficult to deal with, it was straightforward. I sent it off and immediately got a notification that’s it’s being processed. But a day on, I’ve yet to receive a Thailand pass, so time will tell.

One thing I would add is in relation to hotels. As you go through the Thailand pass application, you get to the area where it asks which hotel you are staying in for the PCR test and result. This is a drop down menu having selected which area/province you are staying in. I was relieved to find my hotel was on the drop down list. You should be mindful of which hotel you book and ensure it’s one of the option on the Thailand pass.   

There you go. 20-25 minutes with some problems, and ten minutes without. 

I know what you mean about the QR code and the cropping. That was fine for me. Left about a millimetre around the code. 

Likewise, very happy to see my hotel on the drop down list! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You have it sorted well done. Reality for me with partner, Air tickets 1500 gbp excluding trip north, can change but not cancel, many Europe flights no longer had cancel option in economy, insurance 200 gbp can only cancel if we have covid, hotel can't cancel or change at Novotel airport 200 gbp. Pre departure covid tests 400 gbp in Norway. Hopefully insurance covers further covid hotel if we are next to a carrier on the plane. Total 2300 gbp plus on our return predeparture test when leaving Thailand, plus arrival test, who knows if covid hotels will kick back in upon home arrival. Used to be pre covid about 900 to 1100 for two of us pre covid. Visa used to be 1 day to consulate, took me 2 weeks to put everything together, submit, wait, and some emails, Thai Pass is now 7 days n counting. These are the facts in my case from my departure point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Whoa

You can't be positive on this forum!

That's a no-no

Enjoy your holiday  😀

We do our best but the miserable minnies do pull us down a bit. 😀

• Haha 1