Problems caused by Microsoft Updates

Russell

On 7th December when I shutdown one of my laptops it went into the automatic Microsoft Update before closing down and the following morning I started the laptop and it went through the usual update procedure before it opened the programs but when it came to the screen to sign in it was different because instead of the box under my name that I put my password in there was just a sign that said "sign in" and when I click on that it says "Just a moment" and the usual little wheel rotates but then it goes back to the "Sign in" screen and the computer does not open. I contacted Microsoft Support on December 8 and they told me it was a gliche in the system and to wait for 1 hour and try again. Well I waited and nothing changed so I packed the laptop away as it cannot be used and this morning December 10 I got the laptop out and tried it but it is still the same as December 7. unusable. Anyone else have any problems with Microsoft Updates?

1 hour ago, Russell said:

On 7th December when I shutdown one of my laptops it went into the automatic Microsoft Update before closing down and the following morning I started the laptop and it went through the usual update procedure before it opened the programs but when it came to the screen to sign in it was different because instead of the box under my name that I put my password in there was just a sign that said "sign in" and when I click on that it says "Just a moment" and the usual little wheel rotates but then it goes back to the "Sign in" screen and the computer does not open. I contacted Microsoft Support on December 8 and they told me it was a gliche in the system and to wait for 1 hour and try again. Well I waited and nothing changed so I packed the laptop away as it cannot be used and this morning December 10 I got the laptop out and tried it but it is still the same as December 7. unusable. Anyone else have any problems with Microsoft Updates?

i had something similar a while ago on an old laptop . it was not pirated. I got a tech to remove the password option. no problems since then. 

50 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

As with most software in Thailand Its pirated and useless to update

There is no where have I stated that this laptop was bought and the Windows OS in Thailand as you falsely assume with your Thai bigotry. For your uneducated little pea brain this computer was not bought in Thailand but was bought in AUSTRALIA where this Windows OS was installed legally. So you should go away and get an education if you can instead of making false assumptions like an uneducated now all, now nothing idiot

Edited by Russell
  • Like 1

Which version of Windows are you running? Find out what you need to do for a safe-mode start for your brand of PC. Some still support the F-key interrupt on boot. Have a look at options "Boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode via Shift + Restart" and "Boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode by Interrupting the Boot Sequence" sections on this page: https://www.minitool.com/news/boot-windows-11-safe-mode.html they should work for Win 10 or 11. You can also try booting into Safe-Mode from your recovery USB stick if you made one.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, Shark said:

Who uses Windows anyways. Free open alternatives FTW.

Millions of people and also many companies use Microsoft Windows. So maybe you should do a search on whatever OS you prefer to use and you might, I repeat might learn something. Anyway thanks for your input on how to fix the current problem on my computer which is what this thread is about, it was a great help

On 12/10/2021 at 11:06 AM, Russell said:

Anyone else have any problems with Microsoft Updates?

None whatsoever. Update regularly as soon as MS advises. i5, W11.

Yes I did today after installing the latest Windows 10 Update. Laptop noticeably slowed in processing commands. 

Plenty of RAM was available and no observable reason for it. Ran some cleanups and restarted again and all seems fine now.

Usually is fine but have had the same happen in one previous update, almost like it was still installing something whilst it said it had finished installing. Also ran some virus checks etc just in case but no issue and no malware found.

As I said....all good now and running the same as it was before the update....weird 😁😕

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, Russell said:

I avoid Microsoft and use only Linux for my desktop. Ubuntu and Fedora are popular. 

Windows is good for gaming but that's about it.