News Forum - 10-year long term visa scheme takes a step forward, measures approved by PM

Thaiger

Plans to roll out a 10-year long term visa scheme have made a step forward. Measures to attract wealthy foreigners and investors through the long term residency scheme were approved in principle by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha at today’s Economic Situation Management Committee Meeting, according to Thai media. Four groups of foreigners are targeted for the scheme including wealthy international travellers, rich retirees, digital nomads or employees of foreign companies who work remotely from Thailand, and highly skilled professionals. The measures had been approved by the Cabinet in September. According to the Thai government’s PR department, the prime minister agreed on measures […]

The story 10-year long term visa scheme takes a step forward, measures approved by PM as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

very tired of this... they making this nonsense visas because they greedy like hell in Thailand and desperate because they can not take care of themself at all., while people that live here already for a decade, still have a 1 year visa and still have to go every 90 days for the useless stamp to immigration, i think is better if Thailand for once upgrade their already existing visas and rules, A thai in a European country get after 1 year a 5 year visa, while in Thailand you can be here for 20 years you still get a pathetic 1 year visa with a lot of nonsense rules... that only annoys you... when will thailand do something about the visas for people that have been here already for a VERY long time and proofed themself and have spend their income in Thailand all that time and brought in cash...? --> let me answer that  --->  NEVER because they lame and greedy... all this nonsense and ignoring the fact that long time stayers asked multiple times for to do something about for example the 90 days rule.... it simply gives thailand a bad name and bad reputation seems thailand is an expert in that , and that is the only thing they are expert it...... Which wealthy person wants to live here, if it is possible that all these visa rules will be adjusted.... any time... it is just a mouse trap

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paco said:

very tired of this... they making this nonsense visas because they greedy like hell in Thailand and desperate because they can not take care of themself at all., while people that live here already for a decade, still have a 1 year visa and still have to go every 90 days for the useless stamp to immigration, i think is better if Thailand for once upgrade their already existing visas and rules, A thai in a European country get after 1 year a 5 year visa, while in Thailand you can be here for 20 years you still get a pathetic 1 year visa with a lot of nonsense rules... that only annoys you... when will thailand do something about the visas for people that have been here already for a VERY long time and proofed themself and have spend their income in Thailand all that time and brought in cash...? --> let me answer that  --->  NEVER because they lame and greedy

I understand your comment, but for me, year on year is fine. I am not totally committed to LOS long term, so I like the inherent flexibility of  yearly extensions  of stay. 

• Like 1

what means LOS?

the whole immigration is boring and annoying.... example i have an Elite Visa if i go to bangkok the immigration of the Elite visas to make a 90 days stamp i need to give them a load of papers and nonsense... if i just go in Chiang Rai, i do not even have to fill in 1 paper at all, i just give my passport and wait 5 minute.. that shows already what a nonsense it is

• Like 1

I am hopeful this might turn into something worth doing. I would prefer a stable long term visa over annual extensions and make a comitment here.

In reality, I realise it will probably just be nonsense criteria and conditions that make it unworkable. That would be a shame, because there is an opportunity for Thailand to become the destination of choice of remote/digital workers in Asia.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paco said:

very tired of this... they making this nonsense visas because they greedy like hell in Thailand and desperate because they can not take care of themself at all., while people that live here already for a decade, still have a 1 year visa and still have to go every 90 days for the useless stamp to immigration, i think is better if Thailand for once upgrade their already existing visas and rules, A thai in a European country get after 1 year a 5 year visa, while in Thailand you can be here for 20 years you still get a pathetic 1 year visa with a lot of nonsense rules... that only annoys you... when will thailand do something about the visas for people that have been here already for a VERY long time and proofed themself and have spend their income in Thailand all that time and brought in cash...? --> let me answer that  --->  NEVER because they lame and greedy... all this nonsense and ignoring the fact that long time stayers asked multiple times for to do something about for example the 90 days rule.... it simply gives thailand a bad name and bad reputation seems thailand is an expert in that , and that is the only thing they are expert it...... Which wealthy person wants to live here, if it is possible that all these visa rules will be adjusted.... any time... it is just a mouse trap

Relax, Paco. 

Your continued angst appears to be an unhealthy trait......as it reflects by many like you. 

As are any cultural comparatives - all of which, have nothing to do with anything. 

Long timers should've reasoned some time ago: it is what it is. 

I suspect that you [like many others] might be miserable most anywhere. Has little to do with the respective locale, culture or general environment - but largely reflective of the individual. 

Relax.....go with it. Enjoy one's life. 

The idea that the government is doing anything, something, is a step in the right direction.

Not many may qualify for it, but those that do and take up the offer we will able to prove giving long term visa's to expat's has no harmful effects.

• Like 2

To me to get a 10 year visa means 10 years not 1 year renewal especially with health insurance requirements which can change due to circumstances. In retirement the last thing you need is 1 year comes around quickly and having to sell your stuff within a few months because you could not renew the visa.

• Like 1

And us normal long term peons are shoved aside as usual. But they probably will come up with new hoops for us to jump through as undesirables.

21 hours ago, Paco said:

what means LOS?

the whole immigration is boring and annoying.... example i have an Elite Visa if i go to bangkok the immigration of the Elite visas to make a 90 days stamp i need to give them a load of papers and nonsense... if i just go in Chiang Rai, i do not even have to fill in 1 paper at all, i just give my passport and wait 5 minute.. that shows already what a nonsense it is

Do you feel entitled and superior because you're from Europe.  Well get real this is Thailand and you're a guest.  Hopefully things are good for you and you bring a lot of euros to support the economy. Thailand is doing you a favor allowing you to be here and not the other way. 

1 minute ago, LoongFred said:

Do you feel entitled and superior because you're from Europe.  Well get real this is Thailand and you're a guest.  Hopefully things are good for you and you bring a lot of euros to support the economy. Thailand is doing you a favor allowing you to be here and not the other way. 

could you please consider renaming your name to SourFred it's more appealing I guess.

I guess @Pacowas trying to explain that many Tor-Mor's are different. Which is truthful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Shark said:

could you please consider renaming your name to SourFred it's more appealing I guess.

I guess @Pacowas trying to explain that many Tor-Mor's are different. Which is truthful.

thanks, and no worry i do not see his posts, is the only one i blocked here and for loongfred i blocked you for something because i think you are a nit case and the slime walks out of your mouth.. (keep on sliming to Thailand BUDDY) I never feel superior to anyone at all, i think you to dumb to say things like this if you even knew me, you would not say such a bullock crap now SOURFRED, get a life and beat it ... thanks