Foreign money transfers

A1taff

I was told elsewhere that there is now a limit of 49,999 THB for transfers from overseas to Thailand due to money laundering rules being introduced. I transferred a lot more than that on 1st December, anyone know if this new rule is actually true?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A1taff said:

I was told elsewhere that there is now a limit of 49,999 THB for transfers from overseas to Thailand due to money laundering rules being introduced. I transferred a lot more than that on 1st December, anyone know if this new rule is actually true?

I've not seen anything about it, but it occurs to me that if there were fears about money laundering, it would be more beneficial to the TH gov to impound the money while they investigate it. 

• Haha 1

There is no limit to how much you can transfer to a Thai bank.

A foreign transfer limit restriction may apply to your foreign bank account but that can be adjusted.
My UK bank have a limit of £10,000 per transaction without authorisation. (450,000 THB)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new Bt50K transfer limited applies to certain money transfer companies and/or if they are using the peer-to-peer vs bank-to-bank (e.g., SWIFT) transfers.  Generally, foreign bank to Thai bank transfers are not affected as long as the foreign bank is not using some type of peer-to-peer transfer method.   Even Wise (formerly Transferwise) is affected by the Bt50K limit unless you are sending to Bangkok Bank, K-bank, or SCB.   SWIFT type transfers are not affected by this new Thailand anti-money laundering regulation change.   

• Like 1