News Forum - The best TEFL programmes in Thailand

Thaiger

Have you ever thought about what it takes to be an English teacher to non-native English speakers? If so, the first thing you need to do, is to take a TEFL class to get certified. The great thing about getting a TEFL certificate, is that it can be used almost anywhere in the world. For those who love to travel and make a difference, getting certified will definitely help you obtain a job in many different countries. Although most places prefer or require English teachers to be native speakers, some TEFL certification academies don’t require this. Here, we have the […]

The story The best TEFL programmes in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

you can do an online course in days.  Mine took a week and cost US$50 and I got a internationally recognized certificate to prove it.  Its probably the most over rated, over hyped,  useless qualification ever produced and says nothing about your facility in teaching English, but hey, if others value it........ 

• Haha 2

How were the programs chosen for the best TEFL programs in Thailand?  This list differs from sites like teflcoursereview.com and GoOverseas.com. These are the top international rating sites that are based upon alumni reviews--people that actually took the course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Pinetree said:

you can do an online course in days.  Mine took a week and cost US$50 and I got a internationally recognized certificate to prove it.  Its probably the most over rated, over hyped,  useless qualification ever produced and says nothing about your facility in teaching English, but hey, if others value it........ 

But hey, if you don't know what you're doing in a classroom, you'll probably burn out within 6 months.  Another potential teacher bites the dust.

Edited by Thaidiamond

Asking for my wife. I am an American, we have been married four years now. I would not say she speaks fluent English, but she is pretty close. She was about 90% fluent before we ever met. She is starting an informal English school for children in her home village. She has a Bangkok based University Bachelor's degree and taught grade school children for three years after obtaining her degree... after we got married she stopped teaching full time as the school was too far away, so she came home full time. My question is, if this school develops further and we make it formal ( I'm not sure what that entails) can anyone here make a recommendation on her future credential development and/or school development? Should she eventually seek a TEFL course? Should she eventually make the school legitimate in regards to creating a business entity/government licensing? Thank you for any suggestions. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, Freeduhdumb said:

Asking for my wife. I am an American, we have been married four years now. I would not say she speaks fluent English, but she is pretty close. She was about 90% fluent before we ever met. She is starting an informal English school for children in her home village. She has a Bangkok based University Bachelor's degree and taught grade school children for three years after obtaining her degree... after we got married she stopped teaching full time as the school was too far away, so she came home full time. My question is, if this school develops further and we make it formal ( I'm not sure what that entails) can anyone here make a recommendation on her future credential development and/or school development? Should she eventually seek a TEFL course? Should she eventually make the school legitimate in regards to creating a business entity/government licensing? Thank you for any suggestions. 

And how's your Thai?

Just asking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 12:35 AM, Thaidiamond said:

But hey, if you don't know what you're doing in a classroom, you'll probably burn out within 6 months.  Another potential teacher bites the dust.

Eh, highly trained people burn out too. 

People burn out for many reasons. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2022 at 6:57 AM, Vince said:

Eh, highly trained people burn out too. 

People burn out for many reasons. 

That''s true, they do belly up for various reasons. But at least we can alleviate one--and that is knowing what you are doing in theclassroom!

This article is already quite dated. Vantage TEFL in Bangkok just won the best TEFL program for instruction, support, and job assistance.   The Community Choice Awards given by gooverseas.com are against hundreds of programs on planet earth--not just Thailand. http://bit.ly/2RTKTsS