News Forum - Health officials wonder why so many Thais refuse to get jabbed

Thaiger

Despite the fact that Thailand has suffered tremendously during the Covid-19 pandemic, there are still millions of Thais who refuse to get vaccinated against the virus. The secretary of the Ministry of Public Health has asked public health workers across the country to try and figure out why so many people don’t want the vaccine. The ministry thinks that if it has this information, they can create strategic campaigns to educate the public and encourage them to get vaccinated. Vaccines are free to the public from November 27- December 5, according to Thai PBS. At-risk groups like the old and […]

The story Health officials wonder why so many Thais refuse to get jabbed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The secretary of the Ministry of Public Health has asked public health workers across the country to try and figure out why so many people don’t want the vaccine."

might be a bit old fashioned, but have you thought of actualy asking the people ! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

"The secretary of the Ministry of Public Health has asked public health workers across the country to try and figure out why so many people don’t want the vaccine."

might be a bit old fashioned, but have you thought of actualy asking the people ! 

You beat me to it... but then again this guy already proofed several times his iq is below 0 (zero)... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

They haven't figured it out yet? 😳

Try offering choice instead of forcing useless Sinovac on the population for months, while lying about its effectiveness!

And stop experimenting on your population by going against manufacturer's advice, like with 20% subcutaneous doses on the basis of one hastily done bit of research.

Try some transparency and restore some trust.

Not going to happen though, because that doesn't pay off.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why do so many Thais refuse to get jabbed?

Simply because they, the Public Health 'Authority', have made the entire vaccine kerfuffle such a daunting experience . . . will it be the scorned Sinovac, will it be the A-Z that even the nation's own factory can't sufficiently produce, will it be this, will it be that . . .  who can blame the Thai Mr or Mrs Average for being more than a bit scared of turning up at where they understand vaccination may be available?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The secretary of the Ministry of Public Health has asked public health workers across the country to try and figure out why so many people don’t want the vaccine.

Too little, too late. If the health minister would have asked the people themselves why they were so hesitant, he might have had better results with the Covid situation. Instead, this late on, he’s trying to save face and once again take zero responsibility for the outcome of his actions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And when you show up and then they tell you to go home because they not have the vaccine even if the day before they confirmed your appointment it happen 2 time i understand people give up now they try to blame the people for there incompetence  

• Like 4

At a gut level, the Thai people know that those in power simply don't give a Rat's Ass about them and react accordingly; distrust rules in this era.

Is there any Institution in Thai society that the average 'Somchai-on-the-street' still trusts? Parliament? Elections? The Priesthood? The NCAA? The Judiciary? The 'Tessaban'? The SEC? The Cabinet? NASCAR? The PM? Etc? Etc? Etc?

No.

That is why.

• Like 3

So the high figures of vaccines pumped out a few weeks ago were simply lie's as now even there own health minister has admitted large numbers have not even had one vaccine let alone the cheap charlie Sinovac 70% of Phuket my arse. Stop telling lie's and propaganda and tell the truth on just how many are fully vaccinated. Or as 1 poster has said they have finally realized they have failed and will blame other's and Incoming tourists. 

• Like 4

In part, people aren't getting vaccinated, because there are not enough vaccines.....so when is the Thai Government going to solve that one??  There is also a lot of grey noise in social media about this or that vaccine. There is also a healthy mistrust of the government and their mismanagement of vaccine procurement. Doesn't give a clear and direct lead that people can have confidence in.... Is it any wonder the Thai people are hesitant. But don't worry, Thailand isn't the only country in the world where things haven't gone according to plan...or maybe no plan!! Here's hoping we can get it right by the time the decade is done!

• Like 3

And while at it they should try to figure out why the majority hate despise them as well. It all boils down to the same principal, and it isn't what they do for the people. Anti CCP jab, and Anti the vaccine we cannot talk about.

• Like 2

All I know is regarding two Thais:

One is eighty-odd years old. She doesn't want to be vaccinated because despite living in the back of beyond she 'doesn't believe it works and she won't get covid anyway'.
The real fact apparently is she's scared of injections, according to her daughter.

My father-in-law (sixty-eight), refused to have be vaccinated for the same reason - fear of needles. If he's sick he won't got to see the doctor in case he gives him an injection.
I had to take him to hospital once after he cut his hand open on a fence post. He had some stitches in the wound, but refused a tetanus injection point blank.
After his wife went to the local school for her covid vaccination and came back alive without having screamed the place down, she shamed her husband into going later the same day.
First time he's been known to have an injection. And of course, he realised it wasn't painful as he always thought.

• Like 5

Hi Folks, 

Numerous off-topic posts and their replies have been removed. The topic here is “Health officials wonder why so many Thais refuse to get jabbed”. There is no connection to Rotterdam or Polish football stadiums. If you wish to discuss these topics, please do so in an appropriate thread. 

In addition, please consider the following as per the forum guidelines:

Rule #1: Use English Language only when posting.

Rule #5: Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.

Thanks,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Old fashioned to use mate. Ground breaking out of the box thinking for some 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

All I know is regarding two Thais:

One is eighty-odd years old. She doesn't want to be vaccinated because despite living in the back of beyond she 'doesn't believe it works and she won't get covid anyway'.
The real fact apparently is she's scared of injections, according to her daughter.

My father-in-law (sixty-eight), refused to have be vaccinated for the same reason - fear of needles. If he's sick he won't got to see the doctor in case he gives him an injection.
I had to take him to hospital once after he cut his hand open on a fence post. He had some stitches in the wound, but refused a tetanus injection point blank.
After his wife went to the local school for her covid vaccination and came back alive without having screamed the place down, she shamed her husband into going later the same day.
First time he's been known to have an injection. And of course, he realised it wasn't painful as he always thought.

Yes, I think for many rural and older generation Thais, fear of the needle and the vaccination process is the key barrier. It’s nothing in particular about the Covid vaccine. For the younger generation and from the people I’ve spoke with, it’s fear of Sinovac primarily. 

There are so many vaccine types and so many people around the world receiving them vaccines, there is a reasonable likelihood that in future years, one of the vaccines with a particular group of people will be shown to have a problem. Can you imagine the uproar on social media from all the anti-vax type if and when it does happen. An isolated problem with the Sentinelese tribe will be enough to cry CONSPIRACY! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes, I think for many rural and older generation Thais, fear of the needle and the vaccination process is the key barrier. It’s nothing in particular about the Covid vaccine. For the younger generation and from the people I’ve spoke with, it’s fear of Sinovac primarily.

I'd agree with that.

After posting about my father-in-law's fear of needles, his four-year-old granddaughter had a whooping cough vaccination and didn't cry when she had the injection.

The fear/mistrust of Sinovac. Yes, again some Thais in our village avoided it and waited for an alternative appear instead.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Simply because they, the Public Health 'Authority', have made the entire vaccine kerfuffle such a daunting experience . . . will it be the scorned Sinovac, will it be the A-Z that even the nation's own factory can't sufficiently produce, will it be this, will it be that . . .  who can blame the Thai Mr or Mrs Average for being more than a bit scared of turning up at where they understand vaccination may be available?

I know Thais who not want the chinese vaccines or sinovac but none who say no vaccine at all. Many waiting to get Pfizer and not forget the millions who payed and booked in advance to get the moderna and still waiting. The question did they realized them and noticed why they still not got their vaccine?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Old fashioned to use mate. Ground breaking out of the box thinking for some 😉

Especially the ones who paid already and registered a few month ago! Maybe to ask would be a good idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vlad said:

So the high figures of vaccines pumped out a few weeks ago were simply lie's as now even there own health minister has admitted large numbers have not even had one vaccine let alone the cheap charlie Sinovac 70% of Phuket my arse. Stop telling lie's and propaganda and tell the truth on just how many are fully vaccinated. Or as 1 poster has said they have finally realized they have failed and will blame other's and Incoming tourists. 

The vaccine numbers are 99.9% accurate as confirmed by all available information.

That doesn't change the numbers which are unvaccinated or still have 2 or three months to wait for a second jab, but they're still 99.9 % accurate.

If you believe that Stonker your wearing blinkers. They have finally had to admit a lot of Thai's have not even been vaccinated with a 1st dose so how many of the percentage of the country have had there second jab or Booster ???

It all comes to confidence, this new vaccine is created by pharmaceutical companies at fast rate, did a good job at getting vaccine, 

1:covid 19 is a new version diease

2nd:the vaccine is new to the disease. 

It shows to prevent death and prevent admission in hospitals, does not show evidence to prevent transmission of diease or stopping the diease or getting the diease. 

Certain side effects of the vaccine causes death, news media specfically targets the news, so it does not give much confidence to people. Even if the% is in miniscule number. People are afraid to take the vaccine don't want be in that miniscule number, coz causes death, if the side effect was treatable people would take the vaccine. The drugs are made by pharmaceutical company, by one particular group, the rest of the medical profession have to blindly trust the system. Other common vaccines causing death is very very rare, one might occur in one in 200000 people at a span of 3 to 5 years or maybe 10 years. Covid 19 vaccine common side effect instant death, no time to treat the problem. 

Pharmaceutical company blindly tells it is not our problem, nothing is wrong. 

Even doctors are new to  this disease and even the vaccine. Doctors won't have the necessary answer to this disease, this particular vaccine is new to doctors, based on previous knowledge of other vaccines, the doctors are saying to take the vaccine. Even news of people getting covid even after full vaccination, will also increase losing confidence in taking vaccine especially booster dose. One person died after taking 3rd dose booster shot. How it will provide confidence to people. The Pharmaceutical should go back again to improve the vaccine while giving the present vaccine. Yes there are people, who blindly does not want to vaccinate.but I think it's in small%, to prevent the rest of the people not to follow in there footsteps, the side effect should reduce, or at least treatable. There are limits the government, and medical professionals outside of the pharmaceutical system can do. Different countries having separate vaccines recognisition, if other countries does not show confidence, in particular vaccines, how the common people will have confidence to take the vaccine.

Pharmaceutical company should improve the vaccine, for less side effect which can be treatable or no side effect,increase the vaccine immunity level. So prevent  futher fourth and fifth vaccine booster dose of 6 months gap

This is just my opinion, be patient  read it and understand it. 

My solution is improving the vaccine, that all. 

• Like 1

4 Things for Certain Regarding the Vaccines

1- They don't prevent you from getting covid

2- They don't prevent you from being hospitalized (if you have something like leukemia)

3- They don't prevent you from spreading covid

4- They don't even prevent you from having to go through the exact same ordeal w/in 6 months

These vaccines sure are amazing!  I hope to get one every month for the rest of my life!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1