Pro-PM Prayut public relations campaign draws criticism

Thaiger

In what critics believe to be an ill-conceived plan, the Prime Minister Operations Centre has launched a campaign to tell people to lay off the criticism of Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha. In a charm offensive to encourage Thais to think “the PM is cool, so just chill out”, critics say the PR campaign has across as “aggressive and pompous”. The PR campaign for PM Prayut is called “Uncle Tu, 7 years. So, what’s wrong?” Uncle Tu is the endearing nickname supporters gave to PM Prayut, and the PMOC is calling on that warm fuzzy adoration in hopes of calming vocal […]

The post Pro-PM Prayut public relations campaign draws criticism appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The PR campaign for PM Prayut is called “Uncle Tu, 7 years. So, what’s wrong?”

So what's wrong? In a word, everything . . . and Tu himself, in particular.

And, as for 'lay off the criticism', maybe he should just ask himself, 'Why all the criticism? . . . What have I, the cool Uncle Tu, done - or not done - to deserve all this flack? . . . Is Thailand in a worse or better place than it was 7 years ago, before I bludgeoned my way in . . . before I became in total control of you good people?'