News Forum - Vaccine side effects fund has paid out 621 million baht

Thaiger

The program to pay financial compensation for anyone with mild or severe side effects after getting a Covid-19 vaccine has now paid out 621 million baht to 6,177 recipients. The National Health Security Office is responsible for the remedial assistance program that pays out up to 100,000 baht for mild side effects and up to 400,000 baht for side effects that lead to disability or death. The NHSO programme to compensate negative effects of vaccination was created in an attempt to battle vaccine hesitance and instil confidence in people who feared getting a vaccine could harm them. Knowing they can […]

The story Vaccine side effects fund has paid out 621 million baht as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How much has China paid out to people who caught covid?

What does China have to do with this article.  

• Like 1

This is good, but hopefully they scrutinize the “cases” and make sure they weren’t something like the guy who got vaccinated, shaved his head and then claimed hair loss. 😂🤣

Edited by ThaiEyes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

This is good, but hopefully they scrutinize the “cases” and make sure they weren’t something like the guy who got vaccinated, shaved his head and then claimed hair loss. 😂🤣

I did hear of people getting ฿20,000 for having a headache after the vaccine!  But only heard so can't prove .. but wouldn't supprise me of different areas wanting to scam the system..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

Very little 'scrutiny', apparently - a real gift for the scammers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I did hear of people getting ฿20,000 for having a headache after the vaccine!  But only heard so can't prove .. but wouldn't supprise me of different areas wanting to scam the system..

Several cases I know of. Most of the symptoms - headache, muscle pain, itching, blurred vision - can't be tested or verified ...

• Like 3

Never heard anything anymore about the scheme that paid 100k baht if you caught Covid while holidaying in Thailand... Is that still going or has it quietly been stopped? If it's still on, then TAT don't put that big on their adverts, do they? 

• Like 2

The NHSO said that 1,296 people were compensated up to 400,000 baht after vaccines left them disabled or dead.

I know some Thais believe in ghosts etc, but how do the dead get compensated?  5555555

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Movie or instruction video? 🤔

IMG_20211121_114443.jpg

Why make light of other's suffering.  Many of these adverse effects are real whether you choose to admit it or not.  And as in most settlements the family will receive the funds. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I believe it's because they think they're smart.

Or some lack a sense of humour (as it's aimed at the previous poster's "555")

• Like 1

Just now, Bob20 said:

Or some lack a sense of humour (as it's aimed at the previous poster's "555")

I appreciate good humour but this is just not funny.  Please don't try stand up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Never heard anything anymore about the scheme that paid 100k baht if you caught Covid while holidaying in Thailand... Is that still going or has it quietly been stopped? If it's still on, then TAT don't put that big on their adverts, do they? 

It wasn't a TAT scheme, but was Chaing Mai only promoted by half a dozen groups and bars, never endorsed by the TAT or any government organisation. It lasted about 3 weeks in Dec / Jan following the outbreak in 1G1 in Myanmar before being withdrawn.

26 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

I appreciate good humour but this is just not funny.  Please don't try stand up.

Think you would be a pretty hard audience to please

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

program to pay financial compensation for anyone with mild or severe side effects after getting a Covid-19 vaccine

Imagine the fund they'd have to have for lost of face ..  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Imagine the fund they'd have to have for lost of face ..  

They could ask Egon Ronay to hand out the Eggon Face awards.

• Haha 1