Visa on Arrival?

teddygunner

After an interval of two years due to the Covid 19 situation, I am hoping to visit again next May for 3 to 4 weeks.

I used to arrive at the airport and go through the "Visa on Arrival" channel and move onto my hotel. Is this still

available? I know there are now Pre-Flight Covid tests and a one day hotel stay with a test on arrival before heading to my destination.

I am from New Zealand, have been fully vaccinated and believe I will need another Covid test prior to returning home.

Can I get my usual medical travel insurance in my home country or do I have to buy the cover from a Thai company?

Still a few hoops to jump through but manageable if I understand it correctly. Any help or confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Teddygunner

• Like 1

Hi Teddy and welcome to the forum.

You can still enter Visa exempt for 30 days, even extend that for a further 30 days if required.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, teddygunner said:

Can I get my usual medical travel insurance in my home country or do I have to buy the cover from a Thai company?

You can obtain it from your existing Insurer provided it meets the requirements of entry.

Pointless going through all the entry requirements as between now and May 2022 they could change, hopefully for the better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get insurance from Axa, complete Thai Pass, book ASQ+ hotel for the one night w/ test and transfer and food, everything you need to do is posted on this site, and Thai sites in easy to understand language although is english and not your native language. Get RT-PCR 72 hours before departure flight (or like 48 hours)

The Thai folks made the entry process quite organized and efficient upon arrival.

Print all those documents out and bring them with you in easy to access folder.

Go for it )

• Like 2