Pet Hates

Benroon

So Pet Hates here - keep it light hearted 

Right the whistling parking attendants - can anyone tell me what value they add to anything, they're ******g everywhere. Right now I'm in a hotel but opposite what looks like a huge wholesale place and there are 3 of the bastards whistling like a demented Val Doonican at the entrance/exits for cars that just don't want or need them ! Even if you're in a car which the idiots are trying to stop you're not going to hear his ******g whistle !!! Argggghhhhhhh. 

When they pop up behind you at restaurants how do they help ? they must know nearly all cars have rear cameras now - and you have no way of knowing whether the whistle means go or stop - they add nothing. They turn what is 99.9% of the time an extremely simple manoeuvre into a wtf is he doing moment and a will you please FO I don't need you.

Ok finished now ....😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They have a job that pays, they think they are doing a service to people and assisting motorists. The Thais need them as many are sh.t drivers particularly in reverse and need all the help they can get.

As for rear cameras they are and added costly extra for Thais so they pass on that. Come to the rural areas 99% percent of the cars don't have cameras, 50% shouldn't be even on the roads (death traps) with no tax and lots without number plates even, the newer cars think they are in a Grand Prix race at all times and that doesn't include the nutters who think 150km per hour in a overloaded pickup in built up areas is fine.

Heck this is Thailand take a deep breath count to ten and all will pass peacefully.

13 minutes ago, palooka said:

They have a job that pays, they think they are doing a service to people and assisting motorists. The Thais need them as many are sh.t drivers particularly in reverse and need all the help they can get.

As for rear cameras they are and added costly extra for Thais so they pass on that. Come to the rural areas 99% percent of the cars don't have cameras, 50% shouldn't be even on the roads (death traps) with no tax and lots without number plates even, the newer cars think they are in a Grand Prix race at all times and that doesn't include the nutters who think 150km per hour in a overloaded pickup in built up areas is fine.

Heck this is Thailand take a deep breath count to ten and all will pass peacefully.

Op said keep it light hearted, I'm feeling suicidal after reading that.😉😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

I had calmed down but after reading that I'm stressed again !!

Then there's noisy exhausts - arggghhhhhhhhhhh !!!! 

I would like a nationwide roll out of tripwires that are automatically deployed about 1 foot above the ground that detect anything approaching with a noisy exhaust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They are hired security guards. Unfortunately the rental security help think that they in fact are actual real store help and take on more than they should. Anyway, for here sometimes it is a good thing as the whistle lets you know it is safe to back out of a space without Boss ripping through the parking lot and hitting you. Somethings they do are good, some annoying. But Joe Boss Flatfoot thai on the gas pedal in parking lot can turn into a shite show crash site. Now them guiding me when I’m reverse into a parking space is extremely annoying, but they are there to help you park straight and proper

'Sorry, no change'

Everywhere from small fresh markets to taxi drivers, never have change.

Sell 10 and 20 baht fruit and veg all day but by late afternoon - still 'no change'

Real story - have change but for some reason don't want to part with it.

I hate people clinking glasses and saying that word "cheers" Also this "let's have a toast" nonsense as well, it's nothing to do with me being a non drinker. I just hate it.