Tattoos + Body piercing

Lumpy_Custard

Ive never had a tattoo and at my age I don’t want one. May be its an age thing or possibly the way I was brought up but now seeing what people are doing to them selves with tattoos and body piercing makes  me feel a bit queasy. I know its a personal and individual thing , but I still can’t get my head around why some one wants to in some cases  end up disfiguring their appearance in a negative fashion.

So why would some one do this to them selves  🔽

1166103922_body.jpg.eb193dffcec5a8042a9edac1150f2454.jpg

• Haha 1

He must be the indigenous village headman.  The more piercings and tats the higher in status your elevated......however, in the real world he is probably either a CEO of a vaping company or the mail boy at a Fortune 500 company.....my friends tarantula told me so...

• Haha 3

I think that those sort of people have a mental problem - often due to excessive usage of drugs, and/or they have been/are living a very deviant lifestyle. To me 'narcissistic' tattoos and inappropriate body piercing (through nose etc.) are a sign of someone to avoid at all costs (they are self-obsessed and delusional). As to the person shown in the picture - an absolute nutter.

• Like 4

The only mutilation I would allow on by body would be ear stretching, and that would be to allow a hollow cylindrical ring to be fitted, now don't get me wrong I don't think it looks attractive, but as someone who consistantly keeps losing his keys it would be a handy place for them to hang and to know where to find them at any given time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

The only mutilation I would allow on by body would be ear stretching, and that would be to allow a hollow cylindrical ring to be fitted, now don't get me wrong I don't think it looks attractive, but as someone who consistantly keeps losing his keys it would be a handy place for them to hang and to know where to find them at any given time. 

Perfect.  just like loosing your glasses you put up on your head.  Lost 2 pairs that way, looked all over for them, GF took a picture of me looking and then told me she knew where my glasses were both pairs.  I asked her if she would please show me.  She pulled out her cell phone and started to go to the gallery.  I told her I knew what they looked like.  Was a tad embarrassed as she showed me  the photo and I reached upwards, yep both pairs......

• Haha 4

On 11/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Marble-eye said:

On 11/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Perfect.  just like loosing your glasses you put up on your head.  Lost 2 pairs that way, looked all over for them, GF took a picture of me looking and then told me she knew where my glasses were both pairs.  I asked her if she would please show me.  She pulled out her cell phone and started to go to the gallery.  I told her I knew what they looked like.  Was a tad embarrassed as she showed me  the photo and I reached upwards, yep both pairs......

Great ideas guys - that is keys and glasses covered.  But what about pens and umbrellas??  I saw a movie once where a character said that the 'black hole' in the centre of our Galaxy was full of pens and umbrellas. Maybe that was Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe?? 

• Haha 1

Most of the time cant decide what I want  for dinner so highly unlikely i could chose a lasting tattoo

I remember In Dudley tattoos on women were called Tramp stamps when i was growing up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, poohy said:

Most of the time cant decide what I want  for dinner so highly unlikely i could chose a lasting tattoo

I remember In Dudley tattoos on women were called Tramp stamps when i was growing up

Thankfully my Thai lady has zero tattoos and dislikes them. Cant say the same for all Expats I know with a Thai wife - but it would worry me a lot if she did. But I would not have gone that way if she did - one of my no no's was tattoos - and big feet and big hands 😄  

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Great ideas guys - that is keys and glasses covered.  But what about pens and umbrellas??  I saw a movie once where a character said that the 'black hole' in the centre of our Galaxy was full of pens and umbrellas. Maybe that was Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe?? 

Just keep John Wick away from a pencil "I once saw John Wick kill a man with a pencil"......you can always find it that way I guess as it will still be embedded where it was utilized, umbrellas well they just seem to fly away with Mary Poppins attached.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, AussieBob said:

I think that those sort of people have a mental problem - often due to excessive usage of drugs, and/or they have been/are living a very deviant lifestyle. To me 'narcissistic' tattoos and inappropriate body piercing (through nose etc.) are a sign of someone to avoid at all costs (they are self-obsessed and delusional). As to the person shown in the picture - an absolute nutter.

also the implants for me go a bit too far.

I have tons of tattoos two sleeves so can't judge about tattoos but I always choose that if I want to cover them for a business transaction I can, this dude will have a severe hard time doing it. Ok virtually he might be able to use a filter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shark said:

also the implants for me go a bit too far.

I have tons of tattoos two sleeves so can't judge about tattoos but I always choose that if I want to cover them for a business transaction I can, this dude will have a severe hard time doing it. Ok virtually he might be able to use a filter.

Yes, I wear long sleeve shirt and tie, dressed down for work or going out to a nice dinner and no one would know I have Tattoos. Covering up my tattoos for work to keep simple minded people from making an assumption about me or my work abilities was why I had them placed where I did.  Had a business associate come unglued when we went out for drinks after work one day and I rolled up my sleeves and took off my tie.....lol.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, I wear long sleeve shirt and tie, dressed down for work or going out to a nice dinner and no one would know I have Tattoos. Covering up my tattoos for work to keep simple minded people from making an assumption about me or my work abilities was why I had them placed where I did.  Had a business associate come unglued when we went out for drinks after work one day and I rolled up my sleeves and took off my tie.....lol.

Today I heard a dad sad too his son whom wanted tattoos that tattoos are for stupid people.
I was surprised that he was dealing with it this way especially since the boys mom had a tattoo on her back.

Sometimes it's simpler to just start with Why instead of babbling this bullshit and putting your wife/woman down in public. He assumed I couldn't understand since he was speaking Russian.

• Like 1