News Forum - COVID-19 SATURDAY UPDATE: Provincial Totals

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 7,057 new Covid-19 infections, down 248 since yesterday, and 55 Coronavirus-related deaths, up 4 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,982,458 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 7,393 recoveries, up 507 from yesterday. There are now 95,413 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, down 391 from yesterday, including 1,818 in the ICU and 430 on ventilators, figures that have mostly been dropping each day.   Of the new Covid-19 infections, 198 were […]

The story COVID-19 SATURDAY UPDATE: Provincial Totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Gee in a week or two Chiang Mai will surpass Bangkok in new cases. Not sure I believe any of the numbers or how they get them though. Example: If you want cases to go down, you control how many tests are given. Something like that. 

• Like 2

What WHO and all the other authorities in every country should be reporting once their vax rates hit 80%, is two sets of figures. One set of figures for people with full vaccination that test positive, go into ICU and deaths, and the other set for people without vaccinations.  If what the experts say is true, and what the majority agree with is true, then the unvaccinated should be dominating the numbers into ICU and deaths. That outcome will validate things, and also make many of the vax hold-outs change their minds.  

16 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

That outcome will validate things, and also make many of the vax hold-outs change their minds.  

Not sure about that. The problem is that for many, they need a vax for what made them anti-vaxxers to begin with, and there is no likelihood that there will ever be one available

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Not sure about that. The problem is that for many, they need a vax for what made them anti-vaxxers to begin with, and there is no likelihood that there will ever be one available

I hear you. That is why I said 'many' and not 'all'. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

What WHO and all the other authorities in every country should be reporting once their vax rates hit 80%, is two sets of figures. One set of figures for people with full vaccination that test positive, go into ICU and deaths, and the other set for people without vaccinations.  If what the experts say is true, and what the majority agree with is true, then the unvaccinated should be dominating the numbers into ICU and deaths. That outcome will validate things, and also make many of the vax hold-outs change their minds.  

I agree @AussieBob those figures would indeed be interesting. I looked at such figures in the U.K. today and there is a growing issue which would potentially confuse those stats. We are now seeing people who are fully vaccinated, though after some 10 months, their immunity is declining and they are being hospitalised and dying. I agree with the principle of what you suggest, we would however need perhaps a further breakdown, or we need to count those who have failed to turn up for a booster as essentially unvaccinated. As you may know, there is a big push to get the over 50’s boosted in the U.K.  I’ve managed to get in a few weeks early and get my booster week after next. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AussieBob said:

And the annual mortality rate should also be included so we have a clearer idea of who is dying with covid and who is dying from covid.  Many countries are simply not willing to report these numbers.  Canada for instance.  Stats Canada still has not provided the rates for the year 2020 and we are well into 2021.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1310039201

On 11/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, billywillyjones said:

And the annual mortality rate should also be included so we have a clearer idea of who is dying with covid and who is dying from covid.  Many countries are simply not willing to report these numbers.  Canada for instance.  Stats Canada still has not provided the rates for the year 2020 and we are well into 2021.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1310039201

Interesting isnt it?  Why they dont want to give us all the stats? And then they wonder why some people refuse to get vaccinated. The only way to convince many of them (not all) is to provide the stats that prove getting vaccinated works.